12 sats, and still no gps lock....

Reaction score
Tried to make my second flight today, during lunch break at work, but I could not get gps lock.....it showed between 9 and 12 Sats, and I waited 5 plus minutes before giving up.

Anyone else have issues like this? Of course I work at a machine shop, so there may be some electrical noise issues, but it seemed strange to me.

First flight was at a park, and it only took maybe a minute to get lock

Tried to make my second flight today, during lunch break at work, but I could not get gps lock.....it showed between 9 and 12 Sats, and I waited 5 plus minutes before giving up.

Anyone else have issues like this? Of course I work at a machine shop, so there may be some electrical noise issues, but it seemed strange to me.

Those that are more familiar with the system than me say it's really based on the hdop reading. I think it was said being < 2 is ideal.

Was in standard fly mode? No advanced turned on?

I am just reaching and not sure it would make difference.

I have had a couple of instances were link to Satellites took about five minutes or more but I just waited patiently and sometimes altered the position 20 or 30 feet depending upon my environment and I have always achieved connection with satellites.

I also make sure the app is running and usually around the time that I start to get a solid video feed to my iPhone my Solo connects and becomes ready for flight.

you were at a different location when u made your first flight.
this could be why it didn't load up so quick.
i had problem simler to this but now when i go back to where i fly it the gps comesat about 30 seconds.

Flew again today at a different park....no problems. Quick gps lock....standard fly mode btw.

And I also learned that starting the solo app after the controller and solo connect seems to work best.

had issues, picked up 13 sats but still wouldn't get out of the "find GPS" screen.

with these weird orders, i'm gonna have to print a order label on the solo batteries and my controllers JUST to make sure.

either way, i pre-set my "A" button to manual and just overrode it after 13 sats. the thing is SMOOTH AS HELL. posting first flight summary on other thread.

Flew again today at a different park....no problems. Quick gps lock....standard fly mode btw.

And I also learned that starting the solo app after the controller and solo connect seems to work best.

That's my boot order; 1) Solo 2) Controller 3) App (at Fly Screen) 4) GoPro

Is this only on the iPads or are some of you guys running Android?

It does not seem to matter what order I start things. I have started controller first, Solo first, etc. Doesnt matter when I start app or even the Go Pro.

Just heard on the radio that there was a solar storm yesterday afternoon that could have been messing with the gps satellites...the timing is right.

Using droid btw

Flew today at the exact same spot I had the problem....but everything worked fine.

Maybe it was the solar flares.

fly in manual. ditch the GPS signal if you're not flying out of sight or need RTL.

those beginner features are safety nets that you sometimes have to work without, so might as well practice.

fly in manual. ditch the GPS signal if you're not flying out of sight or need RTL.

those beginner features are safety nets that you sometimes have to work without, so might as well practice.

RTH still works in manual.

Can someone tell me if the Solo uses the Glonass satellites (Russian)??

Reactions: CirrusPilot
Can someone tell me if the Solo uses the Glonass satellites (Russian)??

The reason I ask is because the competition DJI is using both US. GPS and Glonass (the Russian system)

First pic show only GPS
Second pic show both GPS and GLONASS

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 13

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics