10 more people let go today!

I think one big problem for the company was the availability of the solo worldwide..... you can't depend only in usa and months later in uk to sell your product and to complete with other companys like Dji. Usa & Uk there are not even the half world. I dont like dji but even in my country if you lift up a rock you will find a phantom :) Dji selling everywhere (like gopro) from the first months of their existance.... 3dr remind me htc (with samsung) best products aren't always the winners.

Reactions: Maddog
my rev A with original shield locks fast it is the one I just got a few weeks ago. Have not had time to put the new shield on it and do a head to head comparison yet.
The rev B gets seems to get real low HDOP more so than the rev A but to be fair it has the new shield on it,

Reactions: James Taylor
How exactly in the world does yuneec or companies like that stay in business if 3DR can't even do it?

I'm new to the 3DR drama but to me, it seems that a purchase from GoPro would make a world of sense to both companies. 3DR couldn't "compete in this marketplace" as per Chris Anderson's comments regarding going 100% enterprise.

Second, GoPro has the ability to scale commercially (manufacturing, distribution, etc.) but needed to scale the dron r&d from 0 to 100 in order to make the company relevant again.

Finally, the Solo is at a superior level as far as build quality, esthetics, UI et al. Granted there have been bugs but nothing in this price range is any where close - from a purely "filmmaking" drone perspective.

So my question is, why wouldn't GoPro enter into a licensing or other agreement with 3DR? Seems like a huge win win from my limited perspective.

Granted, GoPro already went down the Karma path, but they could have (and possibly still can) save(d) a boat load of cash by leveraging a relationship with 3DR.

The way you people are talking like GPS issued with all Solo's? I fly with 2 others here in South Texas, & we get lock always in under a min. & a new place, up to 3 min.
Don't need to buy shield here.
This tell me's that logistics is playing a role here with GPS.

Once again as someone already asked, has anyone installed and seen an improvement
Absolutely.
I installed the shield and flew packs over the weekend and must say the improvement is significant. My m8n GPS finds now up to 25 sats at a HDOP of 0.4
Time to fix decreased to <1 minute at a new location and a few seconds at locations where I flew before.

This thing is worth the money and I ordered some for my DIY drones as well.

Reactions: cameraguy
The way you people are talking like GPS issued with all Solo's? I fly with 2 others here in South Texas, & we get lock always in under a min. & a new place, up to 3 min.

Well, I looked at it like this. First, the only reoccurring issue with my Solo is magnetic interference.

If 3DR decided to release this with out telling us why, I'm assuming they know there is an issue, and maybe trying to head off a product recall. If enough of us do it voluntarily, they don't have to recall. It's as easy as that. There is no profit in an item they are selling at under $15 with free shipping. Trust me, I ran a company that sometimes had to ship one item for $15. There is no joy.

I recommend you do it. There must be something wrong!

Absolutely.
I installed the shield and flew packs over the weekend and must say the improvement is significant. My m8n GPS finds now up to 25 sats at a HDOP of 0.4
Time to fix decreased to <1 minute at a new location and a few seconds at locations where I flew before.

This thing is worth the money and I ordered some for my DIY drones as well.
But you are not using the stock GPS correct?

Will it make the same impact for stock GPS users

I can attribute my gps issues with flying in residential areas with a lot of trees. I have the a button set to fly manual, and have had to quickly go into manual mode several times now.

Hopefully this will improve gps lock, even with trees present?

I ordered the shield last night, and also got the 6 hour battery for the transmitter.

Fingers crossed!

I never really had GPS issues in North Texas until my first one started dropping fix mid flight. Never had a problem locking. But I must say that shield does improve things. So why not

Reactions: SteveReno
Rich flew again this morning and had vibrations almost in cycles like a prop or motor out of balance.
checking out my props

I never really had GPS issues in North Texas until my first one started dropping fix mid flight. Never had a problem locking. But I must say that shield does improve things. So why not
I guess you all are right, Just ordered mine, $16.29 with Tax. Thought 3DR doesn't have a place here in Tx. anymore? They shouldn't charge taxes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks