Solo Update 2.3.0

Yup the uninstall was the go to rid the update icon.
Recently installed the gimbal and the new firmware update and am now barely getting 15 min fly time ???
Got to buy more batteries, but here in New Zealand they cost $399 !!
I can get them for you for 150 each and ship them to you? I am sure even with dhl it would be a hell of a lot cheaper! email me if interested [email protected]

Reactions: agd
What I am getting is :
Android

App 2.20
Solo 2.3-01
Autopilot 1.2.23
gimbal 1.3.6
controller 2.3-01
controller firmware 1.2.8

However my Android still showed UPDATE icon, for me to update controller and solo. I done so twice.
I think it is because my 3DR service was not updated, yet after I updated my 3DR service.

The update icon still is showing and now I am on my 4th update ...LOL.

Will let u guys know how it goes........

app should be 2.3.0 you new to delete 3dr services and reinstall latest version! it kept telling m to update after updating 5 times they it said on solo app to update 3dr services that was all it took. going out to try it today!

Yup the uninstall was the go to rid the update icon.
Recently installed the gimbal and the new firmware update and am now barely getting 15 min fly time ???
Got to buy more batteries, but here in New Zealand they cost $399 !!

The gimbal adds weight and uses a little bit of power from the Solo to stabilize your camera so you will see a noticeable reduction in flight time.

15 min to 17 min flight time is very close to actual realistic time with gimbal.

There may be a motor/battery upgrade in the future to extend the flight time though.

yeah mine are powering on and off like they are supposed to
the only issue I have is random 3dr services crashes
My 3dr services crashes seemed to be random also, or just couldn't figure out the scenario. After the update services appear to crash after a smart shot. Tap ok and seems to reconnect. Using Tab S2

yeah mine are powering on and off like they are supposed to
the only issue I have is random 3dr services crashes
Is a 3DR Services crash what would cause the smart shot controls to stop responding during a flight? That happened to me with updated app and firmware.

Updated IOS version to iPhone 6 and iPad Mini last night. H4B turns on with Solo and video feed is there. Have there been any GoPro settings changes recommended by the upgrade?

My H4S will turn on when the Solo is activated but there isn't any video feed until I start recording. This changed with the latest IOS and Android update.

You should have video at all times, a little screen refresh when switching on / off record.
Check you connections to the camera.

PS. if you have the gimbal, pressing the up / down paddle switch will record start / stop.

2.3.1 update out for IOS , just saying bug fixes . Flew yesterday with no problems.

I updated to 2.3 (iOS) two days ago and then almost instantly they released 2.3.1 with bug fixes which I'm currently running. I noticed an issue that my preset button "A" fly:manual does not work when I'm in Cable Cam smart shot.

While I'm not 100% sure, I'm almost certain that I was previously able to exit Cable Cam by pressing A and going to fly:manual, can anybody confirm that's how it used to work ?

I had a situation yesterday while flying through a gap in a number of tight gorges between tall rocks where I wasn't sure whether I would lose GPS lock and was ready to hit the A button to take over :
gorge2.jpg

and at about this point Solo started to shift right (away from the original MPCC path) towards the rock so I hit A button to avoid crash as I was convinced Solo is about to lose GPS lock :
gorge1.jpg

and nothing happened, I pressed A button several times but Solo stayed in Cable Cam mode.

Luckily it didn't lose GPS lock and made it safely through.

Later I tried simple MPCC with no obstructions and pressing A button in Cable Cam mode certainly doesn't work, I have to hit "Fly" button first and only then I can hit A to enter fly:manual.

I'm just convinced that's not how it used to work in previous firmware version.

Hi Pete,

I have the same experience with you.
Me A button is MANUAL/Alt Hold
Me B button is FLY

I dont do cable cam yet, but at times I need to press B first to get A button to result MANUAL.
I use MANUAL for take off and landing.
This A button kinda-stuck was not the case before the update.

Now I wear a small ear plug type cell phone headphone when flying, so that Solo lady voice i can hear better for mode change ... LOL.

Hi Pete,

I have the same experience with you.
Me A button is MANUAL/Alt Hold
Me B button is FLY

I dont do cable cam yet, but at times I need to press B first to get A button to result MANUAL.
I use MANUAL for take off and landing.
This A button kinda-stuck was not the case before the update.

Now I wear a small ear plug type cell phone headphone when flying, so that Solo lady voice i can hear better for mode change ... LOL.

Just curious...why do you have the B button programmed to FLY? Can't you just use the FLY button for that? Am I missing something?

I updated to 2.3 (iOS) two days ago and then almost instantly they released 2.3.1 with bug fixes which I'm currently running. I noticed an issue that my preset button "A" fly:manual does not work when I'm in Cable Cam smart shot.

While I'm not 100% sure, I'm almost certain that I was previously able to exit Cable Cam by pressing A and going to fly:manual, can anybody confirm that's how it used to work ?

I had a situation yesterday while flying through a gap in a number of tight gorges between tall rocks where I wasn't sure whether I would lose GPS lock and was ready to hit the A button to take over :
View attachment 3199

and at about this point Solo started to shift right (away from the original MPCC path) towards the rock so I hit A button to avoid crash as I was convinced Solo is about to lose GPS lock :
View attachment 3200

and nothing happened, I pressed A button several times but Solo stayed in Cable Cam mode.

Luckily it didn't lose GPS lock and made it safely through.

Later I tried simple MPCC with no obstructions and pressing A button in Cable Cam mode certainly doesn't work, I have to hit "Fly" button first and only then I can hit A to enter fly:manual.

I'm just convinced that's not how it used to work in previous firmware version.

first that is some beautiful geography right there. i can see i selfie between those rocks (if gps stands up). second, that might be tricky for gps and it would probably be safest to fly in manual and be mindful of the hdop. if it is safe, mpcc would perfect here.

also, i think pause is a better option than pressing fly manual because pause will stop solo and keep it in a hover whereas fly manual will carry the copters momentum. but if you are comfortable with fly manual, carry on.

ust curious...why do you have the B button programmed to FLY? Can't you just use the FLY button for that? Am I missing something?
Newbie mistake .... he he he.
Its nicer that way actually because me left thumb can access both A & B without loosing my left handhold to press the original FLY button.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44