Solo Update 2.3.0

Reaction score
New update is out.

ver 2.3.0

I believe it is for the App (Android, maybe iOS as well) and for Solo firmware as well.

Reactions: agd
My warranty replacement was just delivered and waiting for me when I get home. What a wonderful double surprise today. So what's new in 2.3.0?

Rebuilt Follow to improve Follow pointing accuracy and unlock new Follow Modes

Hopefully it fixes the stuck RTH slider bug

Reactions: agd
it looks like the firmware was released but it requires an updated app as well. the app is definitely not available in the app store or google play.

What I am getting is :
Android

App 2.20
Solo 2.3-01
Autopilot 1.2.23
gimbal 1.3.6
controller 2.3-01
controller firmware 1.2.8

However my Android still showed UPDATE icon, for me to update controller and solo. I done so twice.
I think it is because my 3DR service was not updated, yet after I updated my 3DR service.

The update icon still is showing and now I am on my 4th update ...LOL.

Will let u guys know how it goes........

Reactions: agd and Fluxley
it looks like the firmware was released but it requires an updated app as well. the app is definitely not available in the app store or google play.
This kind of confirms a suspicion I have about Google Play store. There are many times you, or someone else says an update is available, yet I don't see it. This time I do see it, yet you don't. I have the App update installed, and d/l the firmware for Solo, but I have to wait til after work to update the Solo firmware.

I think the Play store has many servers, at different locations, and updates need to propagate through. I think I just happen to catch this one early :)

BUT Solo 2.3.0 for Android is available on both my Galaxy S5, and Tab S2

Dang....could this be why my Solo & Controlle is still doing update forever ?
In this case my Android Apps has update firmware for controller and solo but not the Android itself ?
I better shutdown my Controller n Solo and wait till the 2.3.0 apps available.
Thanks Frank.

so I was heading out this weekend to film, I suppose that means you cannot take off without updating the firmware but with the app not out, can you still fly with the old APP or should solo stay home this weekend?

so I was heading out this weekend to film, I suppose that means you cannot take off without updating the firmware but with the app not out, can you still fly with the old APP or should solo stay home this weekend?

I can start motors MANUAL or FLY.
How safe to fly ? Me dont know :)

This is how the screen looks like.JPG

Everything seems to work, however after three installs on my fleet the software update doesn't go away. It appears to be in a perpetual install.
I flew one on iOS with no issues, update showing 2.3.01.
Didn't fly android because of this, sent a ticket to 3DR.
Not saying it won't fly on android, I didn't get a 2nd chance to try.

This kind of confirms a suspicion I have about Google Play store. There are many times you, or someone else says an update is available, yet I don't see it. This time I do see it, yet you don't. I have the App update installed, and d/l the firmware for Solo, but I have to wait til after work to update the Solo firmware.

I think the Play store has many servers, at different locations, and updates need to propagate through. I think I just happen to catch this one early :)

BUT Solo 2.3.0 for Android is available on both my Galaxy S5, and Tab S2

i guess you are right. i just refreshed and still don't see an app update in google play.

okie dokie. devs on facebook confirmed that app 2.3.0 is out for android and firmware update as too, 2.3.0-1.

why 3dr doesn't formally announce that app/firmware updates are available is beyond me.

Last edited:
I've got 2.3.0-1 installed on the solo and controller. But I do not have the Solo app 2.3 update available in the play store yet.

I got 2.3 app in playstore now with no problems on two devices.

finally got the android update :)

Also Phu (Lead Mobile App) said on facebook that the ios app update is coming soon. so i guess i can stop hitting refresh on my iphone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44