Solo Update 2.3.0

I decided to uninstall and reinstall all my apps.
Got to thinking about it, and my cable cam issues started when I added the simulator
I dont use it, so I did not reinstall the simulator and now I cant duplicate the services crashing

Charging up batteries heading out to test
Would it not be nuts if the simulator was what was causing all the issues on android
Have the Sim and didn't experience the lock-up or Android issues. Lock-up in general can be very dependent on make/model of device AND/OR installed apps running concurrently.

Reactions: pyrate
could have just been the reinstall. Just remember my problems started on that update when the sim came out.
thanks

I am running a nexus 9 recommended by 3dr and dedicated to solo. So no facebook or other apps
the only thing beyond the google required apps and 3dr apps I run are WIFI analyzer, Hover, and a Screen Recording app
so very minimal. Should be able to test shortly

Just for clarification for those who are not seeing the update:

iOS: Apple is reviewing the updates which take a while sometimes.

Android: Google staggers updates to prevent an overload and denial of service so just be patient. It may take a couple of days before it appears in your region.

i appear to be in a red zone. my height limit cannot go more than 400 feet. curious if i can select no limit outside the red zone.

Pyrate,

Never mind. It sorted itself after a 2nd reboot. GPH4B is now automatically powering on when powering up with the Solo. Thanks for responding!

Jerry

View attachment 3160
My gopro H4S still does not power on with solo. Was hoping this new update would fix it. Spent lots of time with tech support chat when that last update came out, but they never could fix it.
They gave up and told me an update was coming out the following day to fix it. (That was a month ago) No update- no answers. :(

My gopro H4S still does not power on with solo. Was hoping this new update would fix it. Spent lots of time with tech support chat when that last update came out, but they never could fix it.
They gave up and told me an update was coming out the following day to fix it. (That was a month ago) No update- no answers. :(

That does sound odd... I have both GP4B and GP4S and they all turn on automatically after the last update. I still haven't done this latest one.

Dawg,

Are you on the new update? It seemed to solve some of my issues. Post a screen capture of your version numbers.

EDIT: Read your post again. You're on the new update. Post the screen shot anyway.

Jerry

I updated this afternoon and after the update I wasn't getting any video feed from the GP4S I have.
I finally shut down everything, including my tablet, and after restarting all appears to be working OK.
Raining here this afternoon so I hope to fly tomorrow to make sure all is OK.

yeah mine are powering on and off like they are supposed to
the only issue I have is random 3dr services crashes

Hey Maddog..have you tried a different GoPro besides the one you're using to see if it still does the same thing? I'm Just Thinking of process of illumination !

Cheers

Hey Maddog..have you tried a different GoPro besides the one you're using to see if it still does the same thing? I'm Just Thinking of process of illumination !

Cheers
No, I don't have access to another one. I don't even know anyone who has one.

Reactions: Del
Dawg,

Are you on the new update? It seemed to solve some of my issues. Post a screen capture of your version numbers.

EDIT: Read your post again. You're on the new update. Post the screen shot anyway.

Jerry
Here ya go:
image.jpeg

so the go Pro should automatically power up when the solo is powered up? do I need to going to settings and change anything?

so the go Pro should automatically power up when the solo is powered up? do I need to going to settings and change anything?

Loc,

I don't think there is a setting for it. Mine wasn't powering up until I did the latest update. I know many others were getting it to power up with the last release but mine wasn't. I am using the GPH4B though.

Jerry

Not sure if it has been mentioned already but have you tried downloading the GoPro app and seeing if there's an update for the GoPro itself?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44