Solo Return to Home (RTH) height.

Well you really cant fly with tower anyway. No FPV unless its hidden somewhere. Hopefully someday they will come out with a full featured app !

Well you really cant fly with tower anyway. No FPV unless its hidden somewhere. Hopefully someday they will come out with a full featured app !
Hi, can you explain what that means exactly? I just started browsing thru the Tower app today. Thanks!

Rich,
Are you talking with 3DR next week? Feedback? That's good on them. They want to see this succeed. Was on the DJI forum this morning and had to put a fellow in his place.....basically saying the Solo is a failure with massive amounts of issues....think I'll stay away from there for a while.
bro i sense whos the guys always talking massive and defects the last name is s.com his favorite word is always (QUITE RARE) lmao hehehe

Last edited:
Reactions: rrmccabe
Hi, can you explain what that means exactly? I just started browsing thru the Tower app today. Thanks!

Well Tower is for missions. So you cant see where you are flying as its running the mission. If it had a small window for FPV so you could see that would be better.

But you will have to pass that on to one of the more knowledgeable tower guys to make sure I am correct. I just never found that option.

Well Tower is for missions. So you cant see where you are flying as its running the mission. If it had a small window for FPV so you could see that would be better.

But you will have to pass that on to one of the more knowledgeable tower guys to make sure I am correct. I just never found that option.

Take your 55" LED tv out and plug in the HDMI cable to your controller...:D

It works good on my Black Pearl....but then again, you need signal. Waiting on my DBS....

Oh yea forgot the Solo has HDMI.

Little creepy you know my TV is 55". Hmmm. I am going to question Cindy on what she has been doing while I am gone.

As this point you realize I have no reason to trust your sorry ass... or hers.

LOL

Reactions: GoodnNuff
So you can use a black pearl monitor via HDMI to the controller and use an Android phone to fly the waypoints on tower, right?

Oh yea forgot the Solo has HDMI.

Little creepy you know my TV is 55". Hmmm. I am going to question Cindy on what she has been doing while I am gone.

Yes.

Actually you dont even have to go that elaborate. The Solo is very cool and since its wifi you can connect the Solo app to your phone and tower to your tablet and use both WiFi.

waoo, cool. is it possible to connect the phone to the Tower app for waypoint and Ipad to view live video and FPV?

thank You

Yes.

Actually you dont even have to go that elaborate. The Solo is very cool and since its wifi you can connect the Solo app to your phone and tower to your tablet and use both WiFi.

waoo, cool. is it possible to connect the phone to the Tower app for waypoint and Ipad to view live video and FPV?

thank You
Yes.
3DR has a cool setup in that manner.

I put together a quick "how to" on changing the RTH height on the Solo. Thanks to those on this forum for sharing how it can be done using the 3DR tower application.

As the first generation of Solos left the factory they had the RTH height set at 49'. I believe 3DR is working on a fix to change this or make it user selectable. Until then you might consider making the change yourself.

What this means is if you lose connectivity or press the RTH button the Solo (if 49' or less in altitude) will raise up to 49' and fly home. It doesn't care if there is trees in the way. It just says go to 49' and beeline straight home.

I prefer to have my UAVs raise to about 200' and head for home. In my environment this will clear most hills and trees.

The video below shows you how to change the setting from 49' to something more suitable for your location.

Thanks again to those that pointed this out.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Make more!
You got the voice & knowledge to make more "How to" videos.

Reactions: GoodnNuff

thank You

Having two devices for this is nice so you can see both screens simultaneously (Tower Mission and Solo FPV), but you can actually run both the Solo app and the Tower app from the same device and switch between them -- once you start the "mission" in Tower, you can switch to the Solo app for FPV. Tower voice alerts will continue (i.e. "Moving to waypoint 3...") even while the Solo app is in the foreground on your device.

One bug to note is that touching "Pause" on your controller while running a Tower mission will cause the Tower app to "close unexpectedly" (notice I didn't say "crash" ;)). If you need to retake control of Solo while a Tower mission is being executed, you can simply touch "Fly" on your controller (assuming you don't need the "Brake" function of "Pause" on the controller) -- alternatively, you can also tap "Pause" on the Tower app.

HTH.

-- Kevin

Thanks a lot Kevin, I do like the option of running both,tower and the app for fpv on my Galaxy Tab S 8.4. So no need to attach two different things to the remote. (Tablet + phone)

Having two devices for this is nice so you can see both screens simultaneously (Tower Mission and Solo FPV), but you can actually run both the Solo app and the Tower app from the same device and switch between them -- once you start the "mission" in Tower, you can switch to the Solo app for FPV. Tower voice alerts will continue (i.e. "Moving to waypoint 3...") even while the Solo app is in the foreground on your device.

One bug to note is that touching "Pause" on your controller while running a Tower mission will cause the Tower app to "close unexpectedly" (notice I didn't say "crash" ;)). If you need to retake control of Solo while a Tower mission is being executed, you can simply touch "Fly" on your controller (assuming you don't need the "Brake" function of "Pause" on the controller) -- alternatively, you can also tap "Pause" on the Tower app.

HTH.

-- Kevin

Don, I did. Answering emails and catching up on forum. Will reply back in 1/2 hour.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44