Solex for Solo

Thank you guys I have been waiting to get the solo and when I heard the app doesn't work I was devAsted thank u

Don't worry, the support of people on here more than makes up for 3DR having to pull out of the consumer market. Solo is still a great drone and will be for a good while yet.

Lots of help, support and active development here.

Reactions: speatuk
For iOS users:
I read today that 3DR is coming out with a update for the iOS.
Not 100% sure that this info is true, But its' from a good source.
I am heavily invested in both Devices.
Will Solex be offered in the iOS format?
When Asked this question from Kelly Schrock along time ago, his reply was " If the Droid Ver. sold over a 1000 copies, then he will think about"
I don't think he's thinking about it. .............. Yet?

Kelly just recently restated no IOS
now with the green cube landing and porting solo to master I know Kelly already received his green cube, and a major solex upgrade, I am betting his plate is plenty full without thinking about IOS
If 3DR releases an IOS fix I am going to be amazed

happily amazed I will add
Honestly the life that ardu and Kelly are breathing into solo ought to give 3dr pause about abandoning it
A agree on both statements..
Congratulations your Cube also.
I know the future looks bright for our Solo's..
I'm waiting to see what direction i want to go with the new F/W & H/W before i start spending.
I think TDK GPS & Object Awareness, In that order.
The new Intel Board "Joule" is 100% compatible with the new Cube.

I have only found videos of people tracking themselves walking around parking lots and fields. Do any of you know of a few examples of things shot in action with the solex app. Like follow a motorcycle?
A boat?
Follow and free look?

I have only found videos of people tracking themselves walking around parking lots and fields. Do any of you know of a few examples of things shot in action with the solex app. Like follow a motorcycle?
A boat?
Follow and free look?
I have used Soex follow target mode and it works awesome, was easily keeping up with a 250 quad racer being flown agressively

Link?

I would also like to be able to pan and re position while tracking
I have a feeling solex only has optical follow and not based off the barometer and gps of the app device. So getting to yaw in relitave position hold while follow is not going to be pilot able.

Keeping the rider on the screen is only slightly useful for me. I had no issue with that to begin with.

Last edited:
Since I upgraded to 1.5.3 the start button is always greyed out. So I can't use it. (Optical follow) has anyone else had this problem or it mine just extracting the urine?

Nothing against those brave explorers who found and exposed 1.5.3 but the new master push is why I have not updated my solo to 1.5.3
Mine are working great, never had the flip on land problem so I want a clean stock solo to make the jump to master which is not looking like it will be 3.6 copter
3.5 is close to being final, after which I am sure it will be full focus on the final solo ready version of copter

Yes mate that's what I'm doing just waiting for the Green Cube due to the ESC problem.

1.5.3 flies much better that the stock solo.
So can't wait for Master.

P2P is doing a wonderful job and I for one, think everyone should be behind this guy.
He is right on the edge and has destroyed 2 solos in process.

Matt, if your reading this, "thumbs up" to you brother. Your doing a fantastic job and I just hope this WILL be appreciated by everyone.

Each and EVERY member of this forum and others to boot, should know and appreciate what you are doing.

You have my backing.

Perhaps we should start a crowdfunding to help him with replacement/repairs it's the least we can do?

Reactions: dutzi
Thank you guys I have been waiting to get the solo and when I heard the app doesn't work I was devAsted thank u
@Ethan-17343- welcome! I suspect a lot of what you are reading is old news that has been fixed.

If you have an iOS device with FW 10.3.1, then the Solo app won't work due to some conflict. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

I have never had the Solo app from 3DR crash on either my iPad mini 3 or my Nexus 7 (2013).

You don't have to buy Solex but people like it better than the 3DR app.

Hello I just purchased solex and the NVidia shield K1 tablet. I have everything hooked up but I do not see options to go in and change things like RTH height, max height limit, or setting up anything like Geofence as it was in the solo app. Do I have to set that up thru the original solo app and have it saved to the FC, then it will perform the same once I am using solex? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Don

Connect to solex and then change the sliders in vehicle settings under main menu.

Connect to solex and then change the sliders in vehicle settings under main menu.
Well that sounds simple enough, I just haven't seen any sliders except movement speed and camera speed. I will go back in and look again, I am probably in the wrong area.
Thanks,
Don

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig