Solex for Solo

On a side note/wish list, would there be a consideration of bringing alot of the tower app functions over into Solex? I love the ability to pre program shot sequences which does get close to cable cam performance(But you cannot pre program cable cam)
And heck, I thought just having the "A" and "B" buttons programmable for Autonomous mode was baby steps!

I don't mind switching between Apps, but having both A/B switches programmable along with a selectable mission would be super cool! Autonomous flight is so neat to watch (and nerve-wracking). Always have to be ready to pause the mission, especially with a crazy way-point or wrong altitude setting.

It still rankles me that I have to go FB for this info. I guess it's considered a wider audience but it's such a terrible forum for technical matters.
Same here. I won't do FB and I'm not alone in that. I've seen others in tech. forums who also refuse to use FB. Guess it is not as wide for the intended target as the audience could be.

Last edited:
Same here. I won't do FB and I'm no alone in that. I've seen others in tech. forums who also refuse to use FB. Guess it is not as wide for the intended target as the audience could be.

Glad I'm not alone. It is a two edged sword as much of the "drone boom" is. getting a wider audience is not always a bad thing and the trinkets and gizmos that result from this popularity are truly wonderful.

Still, Facebook???? Anyone who knows a little about computers takes one look at the lengths they go to to look up your skirt and runs away screaming. I use a VPN , throw away email address and non-tracking incognito browser. I am also careful to think about what I'll be typing since they like to look at what you almost posted too.

Can only comment on Samsung S7 Edge Android 6.0.1 - seems to work fine, other than battery and profile text overlaps with view angle on screen. Likely due to smaller screen size.

Observations from today's Solex flights:

Flew with the latest update. First thing I tried was seeing if the Saved Shots "fly me there" would work. It worked once and then never would again. I tried shutting down and reconnecting, even turned Solex off and on. After the first success calling up Saved shots would not even provide a heading and distance to the start of any Saved Shots once selected, much less a "fly me there" option.

This is very disappointing since on of my primary reasons for using Solex was to be able to repeat CCs, I can't get back to the start either automatically or manually?

The speed slider for Saved Cable Cams does not change the displayed time (duration) of the shot.

Zipline worked fine.

As has been previously reported the vehicle speed sliders defaulted back to slow after swapping batteries and disconnecting.

And for the first time ever I had to remove the GP and pull the battery to get it to shut off. Only happened once during 4 batteries.

I had hoped that his new version update would return Solex to the stability of earlier version. At least for me it has not. I am never sure anymore what is going to work; spending too much battery time trying to get Solex to behave rather than filming!

Just got the Nexus 7 tablet and bought solex. Had problems out of the box and was looking for some feedback.

1) Couldn't control Go Pro 4 Black (3.0) pro tune options like color, white balance, etc.

2) Was having problems with functionality so tried to fly in Solo original app but it said I needed to update the solo which was odd since my iphone running solo said it's up to date. I was hesitant to push the software update to solo since its working great on my old setup with an iphone5. Is there a software difference between an android and iphone on the vehicle itself, is that why I'm seeing the software update? Thoughts on how to proceed?

Those GoPro options are not available in either application (3DR or Solex). GoPro doesn't provide the ability to change them through the API. Nor are any of the new options with the later GoPro firmware. The only way to change those options are in advance using the GoPro front panel or GoPro app.

What are the version numbers the iPhone app tells you you're on?

Sup Dudes.

Wanting to play with Hyper lapse using Solo.

Setting up GoPro, firing in time lapse mode upon take off is required. FW V3 or earlier for traditional time lapse function.

Played this morning with Cable Cam in Solex to achieve the Hyperlapse - a super slow, steady 2-point cable. Once in cable cam screen executing the shot, On the slider to adjust the speed/time of the cable, it works just fine. You can execute your cable suuuuper slow. When you move the slider, however, the time of the cable doesn't change. So you don't know how long your cable is gonna take.

Anyone else seen this. A bug? Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Sup Dudes.

Wanting to play with Hyper lapse using Solo.

Setting up GoPro, firing in time lapse mode upon take off is required. FW V3 or earlier for traditional time lapse function.

Played this morning with Cable Cam in Solex to achieve the Hyperlapse - a super slow, steady 2-point cable. Once in cable cam screen executing the shot, On the slider to adjust the speed/time of the cable, it works just fine. You can execute your cable suuuuper slow. When you move the slider, however, the time of the cable doesn't change. So you don't know how long your cable is gonna take.

Anyone else seen this. A bug? Am I missing a setting somewhere?

I have noted and reported the same thing before (posted above), don't know if Kelly can or plans to address it.

If you are just doing a simple two point then the the Solo app or Zipline may work just as well.

I have noted and reported the same thing before (posted above), don't know if Kelly can or plans to address it.

If you are just doing a simple two point then the the Solo app or Zipline may work just as well.

Kelly actually addressed in on FB group. Says a fix is gonna roll out with the next update.

My fallback would be the useless Solo app, if it doesnt crash on me mid smart shot.

Zip line wouldn't quite give me all I want, as the silky super smooth panning and tilting of Cam found in CC is what I seek as well.

2.4.2 on the controller and vehicle per the iphone app. That's the latest right? There shouldn't be any difference between the iphone and android right?

2.4.2 on the controller and vehicle per the iphone app. That's the latest right? There shouldn't be any difference between the iphone and android right?

2.4.2 would be the controller...the vehicle however will likely be closer to 1.3...that likely shows up in the app as 'autopilot version'.

Warning from Kelly about the use of speed sliders in the recent version.

"
PSA: Do not adjust your speed while flying!

A few people have been reporting some odd twitchiness in the way Solo flies when using Solex. There's really no way an app can make it fly erratically, except when adjusting the speed parameters while flying. Chris Lumsden found it first, described it to me, and I went out and tried it (after flying all day with no success reproducing the problem). I tried it, and BAM. Same thing. Rhythmic pulsing of the motors, getting progressively worse until it was kind of hard to land it. It also triggers a "GPS Lost" warning.

Anyway, I'm on it.
1f642.png
:) Be safe out there.'

It seems that this warning should be posted on the Solex website? This problem has cost several of us numerous props and other damage! I lost many hours over many days trying to figure out all the problems I was having with different Solex functionality and then this on top of it.

As I have said before earlier version were stable, more recent version with added features not so much. Maybe in the future new updates should be put out on Google play as beta versions. I would really like a path back to a stable version.

has anyone used this on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with the latest Android 7.0 update?
I would be interested in knowing this as well, i'm nearly ready to pull the trigger on the solex app... as soon as my technical issues get resolved. i would like to know any caveats before pulling the trigger though.

Looks like Solex 1.3.4 is out there already for downloading

Good job Kelly getting new version out there......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000