Solex for Solo

I patently disagree. I have both the Nexus 7 and the Shield and the Shield, for me anyway, is hands down better. It's just as bright as the Nexus and has better processing power and better video processing. I tried the Nexus (granted mine was a first generation 2012) and the video was always really choppy. Plus you can't upgrade it any further than Lollipop on the 2012 I'm pretty sure. I can't speak to the new Nexus 7 but the Shield is not much bigger than the 7 I have.
Big difference between the Nexus 7 and the Nexus 7 (2013). The processing power was upped and the screen one of the brightest. Recommended for being pure Google and software compatibility.

Big difference between the Nexus 7 and the Nexus 7 (2013). The processing power was upped and the screen one of the brightest. Recommended for being pure Google and software compatibility.
Also difficult to find for less than 300 US (although I see used ones on Ebay from time to time at a better price). I'm not saying it's not a good tablet as I indicated. I'm saying I think the Nvidia is probably as good or possibly better. I've had zero issues with any of the GCS programs I've installed on it sofar.

I was trying to calibrate viewing angle. I got through the whole process fine, but when I to go SAVE, an error message pops up saying "can't view this video now". I can repeatedly press OK and it pops up again and again. I have to close the app to get video back and get control back. It then wants me to complete the calibration again and I always get the same results.

This was done using my Galaxy S4 phone and a GP 4 Black. I have the latest Solex version at 1.3.2. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, let's say I get the calibration working, do I have to change the calibration each time I change the view in the camera, say from MEDIUM to WIDE?

It's strange that you're getting that error message after calibrating, and at no other time. I'm guessing that's coming from the startup screen (the one with the windmills). I'll take a look at making that error message go away (it happens when the device's built-in video player can't play the startup video). In the meantime, 1.3.1 and onward make use of a default viewing angle based on FOV and screen dimensions, so you should still be able to use features that require screen viewing angles.

Also difficult to find for less than 300 US (although I see used ones on Ebay from time to time at a better price). I'm not saying it's not a good tablet as I indicated. I'm saying I think the Nvidia is probably as good or possibly better. I've had zero issues with any of the GCS programs I've installed on it sofar.

Nexus 7 2013, 16gb is widely available for under 100USD. I just picked one up for $25 at a swap meet with a scratched screen that really doesn't hurt functionality. The predicted 2017 Google 7" tablet is only going to be around 300 new. You might want to recheck prices.

Thanks for the info on the Tablets (Nexus 7 and Nvidia, and others). I didn't mean to hijack the thread which is supposed to be about the Solex App itself. I'll follow the other thread on the Forum about tablets.

Does Solex apk can tourn on/off go pro 4 silver and can it change cam mode from wide to linear ?

Does Solex apk can tourn on/off go pro 4 silver and can it change cam mode from wide to linear ?
Solex has nothing to do with the on/off of the GOPro
Solex apk ? there is only two ways to get a APK file of Solex.
Ether the Author @Kelly Schrock gives it to you or your in possession of pirated Software?
If you got the latter, then i suggest not to use it for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
It's strange that you're getting that error message after calibrating, and at no other time. I'm guessing that's coming from the startup screen (the one with the windmills). I'll take a look at making that error message go away (it happens when the device's built-in video player can't play the startup video). In the meantime, 1.3.1 and onward make use of a default viewing angle based on FOV and screen dimensions, so you should still be able to use features that require screen viewing angles.

Yes, I've gotten that error message just from the main screen a few times too. I think it is popping up here because the system goes to the windmill screen when done with the calibration? But the repeated popups are a problem as I can't return to the app without shutting it down and opening it again.

Solex has nothing to do with the on/off of the GOPro
Solex apk ? there is only two ways to get a APK file of Solex.
Ether the Author @Kelly Schrock gives it to you or your in possession of pirated Software?
If you got the latter, then i suggest not to use it for obvious reasons.
I am user of solo drone from 4 days... I am using solo apk for free for android phone. I am asking only if it is worth for me to spend over 30$ for it . I have read that with gopro v3 I can tourn on and off camera using solo apk. I got v5 on gopro and wondering if solex can solve my problem with it :) . 2nd question was : is it possible to change video mode from wide to linear ?

Solex and the 3DR Solo app have the same functionality on the GoPro. You can change camera settings and start/stop recording from either app. If you need to turn the camera on or off in flight you will need to downgrade the firmware on your GoPro. Several threads on this forum tell you how, just use the search function.
I love Solex, but it is up to you and how you intend to use it to figure out if it is worth the money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok so if it has the same cam settings as solo it means that linear option is not visible in solex ?

I am user of solo drone from 4 days... I am using solo apk for free for android phone. I am asking only if it is worth for me to spend over 30$ for it . I have read that with gopro v3 I can tourn on and off camera using solo apk. I got v5 on gopro and wondering if solex can solve my problem with it :) . 2nd question was : is it possible to change video mode from wide to linear ?
Solex offers many features above & beyond what solo app offers.

If you want the camera to turn on & off automatically, Then you need to downgrade your GoPro to version 3.0 . Search & find the File you need & instructions on how to complete this downgrade.
The link below may help you. Be sure before you preceded with Rollback / downgrade. You can disable your Gopro!.
Software Update and Reset for GoPro Hero 3, 3+ and 4 – Owen McCrink
Hope this helps

Last edited:
@Kelly Schrock Getting some flying time today and had a question about mpcc's, likely been asked before. Could a given wp be edited for a speed change? I know Mission Planner (Tower falls short) offers an option, however the on the fly aspect of mpcc had me wishing for that additional ability.

Curious, have you ever considered a re-invent of Tower or to enhance whats there?

Again great work.

This may be a bit of a dumb question, but since the Solo is going out, sales are going to be going down once this initial bump up in sales as to the cheap machines happens, do you think the Solex app will go down in price? $30.00 is a LOT for an app even if it is a great app.

Also, who would this be for? What is the prime audience of Solex?

This may be a bit of a dumb question, but since the Solo is going out, sales are going to be going down once this initial bump up in sales as to the cheap machines happens, do you think the Solex app will go down in price? $30.00 is a LOT for an app even if it is a great app.

$30 is a very good price as solex is updated very regularly with fantastic improvements over the stock solo app.

Kelly listens and updates as required.

In my opinion it is worth every $

Keep flying safe everyone:)

Reactions: SteveReno

It boggles my mind when someone says that $30 is A LOT when describing an app like Solex. It is a great deal of work for and extremely limited audience. It's not like an android/iPhone game for $1.99 where someone can make a lot of money selling to a huge market. He only has the ability to sell to a small percentage of solo users only. And he is online taking suggestions and making fixes immediately when needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela