Return to Home Question

Reaction score
New user here. Just got my first drone, the Solo, and trying to educate myself. I have looked in the manual and online for an answer to this but have not seen one. It seems obvious, but want to confirm.

If you establish Home before takeoff (GPS Mode), and then have it follow you and you end up outside the signal range of the original "Home" location, if you initiate RTH or Solo does, will Solo leave you and go outside coverage area to return home? Will it basically say by to you and go home?

Thanks

You bring up a good point, but to answer your question, yes, Solo will try to return to the original take off point.

There is now on option to "return to me" in the Solo settings in addition to "return to launch".

If you know you will be leaving the launch area, select return to me before takeoff.

If you get too far away from your launch point, Solo might not have enough battery to get back home. In that case, Solo will auto land wherever it is at when the battery hits 10%. If it's over a body of water, that would be bad.

What he said ^^

Also, note that Return to Me is broken on the 3DR Solo App for Android. DO NOT TRY TO USE IT. Return to me works fine on the 3DR iOS app, and it works on the Solex Android app.

What he said ^^

Also, note that Return to Me is broken on the 3DR Solo App for Android. DO NOT TRY TO USE IT. Return to me works fine on the 3DR iOS app, and it works on the Solex Android app.
Thanks- I had forgotten about that.:oops:

Thanks guys. I am running iOS, so no issues there.

What do ya'll think about damp or humid conditions? The book says 85% humidity, but in FL, that and higher is the norm. What about flying in light fog or haze. Close quarters of course.

...What do ya'll think about damp or humid conditions? The book says 85% humidity, but in FL, that and higher is the norm. What about flying in light fog or haze. Close quarters of course.
Are you worried about you, or the drone? As for flying in high humidity, I wouldn't sweat it. However... your camera lens may fog up for awhile as you go from A/C to 'Florida -outdoors'.

The oppressive heat, particularly this past summer in SWFL, seemed to take it's toll on GP operation occasionally.

Some of your coolest shots could be in/through fog.

Are you worried about you, or the drone? As for flying in high humidity, I wouldn't sweat it. However... your camera lens may fog up for awhile as you go from A/C to 'Florida -outdoors'.

The oppressive heat, particularly this past summer in SWFL, seemed to take it's toll on GP operation occasionally.

Some of your coolest shots could be in/through fog.

lol, yea you are probably right, it will fair better than I will in the heat!

Thanks for the info!

Very happy to find this post via Google search of RTM as I use my Lenovo Android tablet. I would use my new(uninsured)
S7 Edge but am afraid that the clamps on the controller might help my smashed screen(2 drops) further along:(
IMG_20170103_063845.jpg

I am grateful that the Solo isn't a "delicate flower" like the Samsung phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks