Return Policy - Best Buy

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

3DR says its return policy (on Solo) is 30 days.

Best Buy says - "You can return or exchange almost everything within 15 days for a full refund. Simply bring your item(s) to us with all contents and packaging, proof of purchase and ID, and we will process your return or exchange".

So if you buy your Solo at Best Buy which return policy prevails?

Thanks,
Gary

I am going to assume that if you buy your Solo from Best buy you have to go by their 15 day return policy and If you buy your solo from 3DR then you go by their 30 day return Policy.

I think 3DRs policy supersedes the Best Buy Policy.

I think 3DRs policy supersedes the Best Buy Policy.
But if it is purchased at Best buy wouldn't they have to return it to 3DR within a certain time as well so they cut down the return time to give themselves time to return to 3DR?

I don't know how it works. But best buys deal with 3DR is for a product that has a 30 day return policy.

All of 3DRs videos said 30 day money back guarantee- No questions asked. They did not add anything saying you have to buy direct.

Reactions: TheeRod
If your worried don't be because 3DR will still offer you to return it to there site and give you a replacement or money back if your wanting a return i called in with your question and they gave me answer. I bought two solo's one from best buy and one from 3dr i have them both but the best buy one is not giving me a gps lock and best buy fdidnt have a replacement so i got 3DR to issue you me a RMA and they are giving me a replacement now.

Reactions: TheeRod
Whichever return you want to use is how it works.

I bought my Solo the first day they were released. Long story short it had a defective controller (determined by 3DR after spending over an hour on the phone trying to fix it) and needed to be returned. When 3DR issued me the RMA, they told me it would take about 3-4 weeks for the exchange (sending mine in, verifying defect, shipping out a new one). So I asked if I could return it to BB, 3DR said yes, it would be quicker. I called BB explained my situation, and they had no problem taking it back. Did the return Tuesday morning (within the 15 day window), had a new Solo delivered to my home last night - a turn around of 2 days vs a month. I did pay an additional $16.95 for expedited shipping or it would have arrived this coming Monday.

Whichever return you want to use is how it works.

I bought my Solo the first day they were released. Long story short it had a defective controller (determined by 3DR after spending over an hour on the phone trying to fix it) and needed to be returned. When 3DR issued me the RMA, they told me it would take about 3-4 weeks for the exchange (sending mine in, verifying defect, shipping out a new one). So I asked if I could return it to BB, 3DR said yes, it would be quicker. I called BB explained my situation, and they had no problem taking it back. Did the return Tuesday morning (within the 15 day window), had a new Solo delivered to my home last night - a turn around of 2 days vs a month. I did pay an additional $16.95 for expedited shipping or it would have arrived this coming Monday.
so how is the new one working?

Dirby, I just took the second Solo out for its maiden. I was expecting problems and had none! It was a flawless flight without a single issue! I stayed fairly close - 300 feet distance, a 100 foot altitude is all, but flew through a battery and wished I had brought the spare. Looking forward to more flights later today.

Dirby, I just took the second Solo out for its maiden. I was expecting problems and had none! It was a flawless flight without a single issue! I stayed fairly close - 300 feet distance, a 100 foot altitude is all, but flew through a battery and wished I had brought the spare. Looking forward to more flights later today.
great glad to see you are going again.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Yeah, I was thrilled to have a flight without a single issue.

Funny thing is I drove down to a soccer field not far from my house that I had flown at only once before, but often thought it would make a great flying field for my fixed wings as well. And it is much closer than either of the flying clubs I'm a member of. Pulled in and here was 6 or 8 guys with tables set up flying their fixed wings! Turns out they meet every tuesday morning there, and a few have quads as well. So I stumbled on a new flying area and new friends to fly with!

Yeah, I was thrilled to have a flight without a single issue.

Funny thing is I drove down to a soccer field not far from my house that I had flown at only once before, but often thought it would make a great flying field for my fixed wings as well. And it is much closer than either of the flying clubs I'm a member of. Pulled in and here was 6 or 8 guys with tables set up flying their fixed wings! Turns out they meet every tuesday morning there, and a few have quads as well. So I stumbled on a new flying area and new friends to fly with!
what do you think about the increase in your a m a dues?

Hi Guys,

3DR says its return policy (on Solo) is 30 days.

Best Buy says - "You can return or exchange almost everything within 15 days for a full refund. Simply bring your item(s) to us with all contents and packaging, proof of purchase and ID, and we will process your return or exchange".

So if you buy your Solo at Best Buy which return policy prevails?

Thanks,
Gary

I've already gone through this once with Best Buy for a Parrot Bebop return. It was past the Best Buy 15 day return period but they honored the Parrot "warranty" period (1 year) because the wifi kept disconnecting and gave me a store credit for the full amount - no cash back. I turned around and used the store credit to purchase the Solo.

I had also purchased the 3-year extended Best Buy warranty which was also credited back in full.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig