Return Question

Reaction score
Just curious you guys opinion. I know 3 or 4 people that are thinking about returning their Solos. They bought them at best buy. From a couple conversations it seems like Best Buy really isn't on board with 3DRs 30 day return policy and definitely not on board with their 30 days past whenever the gimbal is delivered statement.

Now we have all see the "memos" and talk from 3DR confirming 30 days past gimbal and Colin talking about returning it 30 days after no questions asked (which by the way there ARE questions asked).

Does anyone ever remember 3DR saying "this only applies if you buy it from us?

Just curious you guys opinion. I know 3 or 4 people that are thinking about returning their Solos. They bought them at best buy. From a couple conversations it seems like Best Buy really isn't on board with 3DRs 30 day return policy and definitely not on board with their 30 days past whenever the gimbal is delivered statement.

Now we have all see the "memos" and talk from 3DR confirming 30 days past gimbal and Colin talking about returning it 30 days after no questions asked (which by the way there ARE questions asked).

Does anyone ever remember 3DR saying "this only applies if you buy it from us?

I'm going through this right now and was told it only applies if I purchased the Gimbal at the same time but I have a earlier email stating different. Here is the email I received June 30th from [email protected]:

Thank you for contacting 3Drobotics,

Hope your day is going well,

The return policy applies the same if you get it from Best Buy or us, the 30 day guarantee about the product satisfaction will start the moment that your Gimbal is delivered.

Any other questions please let us know.

Reactions: DattaGroover
I was very curious also.

I got it directly from 3DR, and in writing. It doesn't matter where you got it from, as long as you got both. You have 30 days after getting the gimbal.

They even told me verbally after that.... "If you aren't happy, why would we want you to keep it?"

I was very skeptical (on this board) at first. I am satisfied now. Even if they intended not to fulfill that promise (and i think they do) I don't think they could at this point.

Last edited:
That actually make sense about gimbal. If not people would go buy a gimbal at 90 days to extend their money back offer.

However, I think Best Buy or any retailer should honor the 30 days as part of their agreement with 3DR.

That is a fair argument.

Oh well, I guess I'm married to the Solo :). I just wish this launch was a lot smoother as its just not fully baked yet. What's sad is it was rock solid for me but some time after the 30 days I started having issues (controller disconnects, level calibrations).

I can certainly see both sides of the argument. But from a business stand point there is no way they could do it unless the gimbal was bought at the same time. You still get the 30 days on the Solo, and that's fair. But if you only initially bought the Solo because it was all you could afford at the time, then decided later to get the gimbal? Like Rich said, they couldn't extend the Solo return because you decided to add an accessory. But a 'system' purchase of both at the same time and extending the warranty until the 'system' is complete makes sense but is also very generous. Because they could have done like most companies and stand on the 30 day return as written. Meaning the 30 days starts for each individual piece when delivered.

Reactions: rrmccabe
i took mine back to bb tonight and got a refund .
i should get the check in 5 to 7 days.

If you read the guarantee, they want you to call 3DR and get an RmA which u can take to the retailer if you insist on refund.

If you read the guarantee, they want you to call 3DR and get an RmA which u can take to the retailer if you insist on refund.
Been there Done that.
already had the number before i took it back to best buy

I preordered both together from adorama then bought it at best buy and before canceling with adorama sent 3dr my email asking if the policy will still be valid if I simply buy the gimbal same as I did solo at best buy since that's the only option there. I also said I'd pay for the gimbal through them or best buy at that time if need be and they said not to that it would still be valid 30 days from my gimbal purchase. I've got it all saved in case I think Ube was the guy's name. They said now I had more time to enjoy the drone and make up my mind.
Will they honor it even in writing who knows but it was stated in black and white so I could probably fight it and win if need be.

I doubt I'll return anyway but what happened with you Dirby you seemed to be one of the happiest with yours before I've not been on as much latley so didn't catch if you posted it. You returning makes me a bit nervous.

Most likley I'll still be around unless things keep getting worse or the gimbal doesn't come out in a reasonable time frame. I'm not much for returns hopefully they keep their promises sometimes even with products I know I should have I don't bother returning and I'm still pretty happy with mine at this point.

I had a chat with "someone in the know" tonight. Sounds like 3dr will try to make it right. Hoping good things happen with 3dr.

I am confident they are trying.

I know people have had issues, and that sucks. But I find the Solo a user friendly device for anyone comfortable modifying. Not to jinx myself, but i have a lot of trust in mine and it's been great so far.

After I get mine up about 20 or 30 feet I'm much more confident than with my other bird. I've been taking it out far as I can see it and I'm plenty confident long as it's not low altitude even then flying in manual I've had no issues. Since I started doing that I've had zero flight related issues just fix the flicker in video before sunset now and Ill be happy. Can't even say for sure that's not a gopro issue it just seems like it only does it when it's plugged into solo. I need to send my hero 4 up on the phantom and see if it happens I'll need to dust it off a bit, maybe tomorrow evening.

After I get mine up about 20 or 30 feet I'm much more confident than with my other bird. I've been taking it out far as I can see it and I'm plenty confident long as it's not low altitude even then flying in manual I've had no issues. Since I started doing that I've had zero flight related issues just fix the flicker in video before sunset now and Ill be happy. Can't even say for sure that's not a gopro issue it just seems like it only does it when it's plugged into solo. I need to send my hero 4 up on the phantom and see if it happens I'll need to dust it off a bit, maybe tomorrow evening.
You dont by chance have a Galaxy Tab?

No but It is a Samsung an s6 could that be an issue I haven't seen it on my iPhone yet but don't fly with it much. It's just odd cause it's on the sd footage too and seems like a steady flashing or an alarm more than trying to adjust to light condition.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M