Return Question

Have you had similar flicker I've only seen one other guy with this issue and searching for flicker on heros didn't come up with much which along with testing briefly made me think solo is somehow causing the issue. Can't say for sure I've only tested unplugging gopro once and using it off the quad on the ground and in both cases my sd video came out fine.

No but It is a Samsung an s6 could that be an issue I haven't seen it on my iPhone yet but don't fly with it much. It's just odd cause it's on the sd footage too and seems like a steady flashing or an alarm more than trying to adjust to light condition.
I have seen people here having the same problem on Galaxy. To troubleshoot, try another phone/tablet. If the new device works, you know it isn't the GoPro or the Solo. If that doesn't work, try another GoPro (if you don't have one try and borrow from someone that does) for the same reason.

That process will tell you in which device the problem lies...

I am assuming you have rebooted the tablet?

Yea I have a 3 white I'm going to try it and try sending the 4 up on my phantom weather permitting tomorrow at sundown. I'll try these options as well, I should have enough options to narrow it down though thanks.

Could the tablet or for that matter solo even affect my video on my sd card though is what I wonder since there really shouldn't be anything ran into gopro just out of it at this point right? Ill at least find out which is the problem soon enough though and go from there.

Problem in testing is its only at lower light and not every time a reset of gopro helps but it comes back after a bit. Tried low light on and off hopefully I'll know more tomorrow.

Just curious you guys opinion. I know 3 or 4 people that are thinking about returning their Solos. They bought them at best buy. From a couple conversations it seems like Best Buy really isn't on board with 3DRs 30 day return policy and definitely not on board with their 30 days past whenever the gimbal is delivered statement.

Now we have all see the "memos" and talk from 3DR confirming 30 days past gimbal and Colin talking about returning it 30 days after no questions asked (which by the way there ARE questions asked).

Does anyone ever remember 3DR saying "this only applies if you buy it from us?
I got an email from 3DR stating that Best Buy had a 14-day return, but I could return it for any reason to 3DR within 30 days of purchase as long as I buy it from a 3DR dealer (like Best Buy).

. . .if that's what you're asking.

I'm going through this right now and was told it only applies if I purchased the Gimbal at the same time but I have a earlier email stating different. Here is the email I received June 30th from [email protected]:

Thank you for contacting 3Drobotics,

Hope your day is going well,

The return policy applies the same if you get it from Best Buy or us, the 30 day guarantee about the product satisfaction will start the moment that your Gimbal is delivered.

Any other questions please let us know.
Good to know. And posting a reply so I can find it later if I need to.

That actually make sense about gimbal. If not people would go buy a gimbal at 90 days to extend their money back offer.

However, I think Best Buy or any retailer should honor the 30 days as part of their agreement with 3DR.
I believe part of the 3DR-BB agreement was that they (BB) would NOT have to do 30-day returns. THey are the 800-lb gorilla in this game, so 3DR of course said yes.

Could the tablet or for that matter solo even affect my video on my sd card though is what I wonder since there really shouldn't be anything ran into gopro just out of it at this point right? Ill at least find out which is the problem soon enough though and go from there.

Problem in testing is its only at lower light and not every time a reset of gopro helps but it comes back after a bit. Tried low light on and off hopefully I'll know more tomorrow.
The connection from your GoPro to Solo is standard (mini) HDMI out... There really is no way (currently) that your Solo could be effecting your recording on the camera.

A mini HDMI to standard HDMI cable and a TV with and HDMI in will answer your questions

It's funny but my iPad glitched while reading these posts tonight and would not go to page 2. Had to restart it. Seems like everything these days that have computers in them have issues one time or another.
I am brand new to drones. Since I got my Solo I have lost contact once 20 feet away. Had trouble with gps once. I have also had a blast flying this thing.
I have the gimbal on order, but I would rather wait a while and let them get most of the glitches out of it than get it now just to send everything back. When it does come out I expect some glitches. At least 3DR seems to care and wants to work on improving things.
Really appreciate some of the people who have been doing this for a while giving us new guys advice. Being new to this I am not sure what some people expected from Solo.
I am not returning my iPad because it glitched. Not returning Solo either.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
There is a joke. It goes like this.

A programmer, an electrician, and a mechanic were carpooling to work together, when the van they were all riding in stopped running. After pulling over, the electrician offered to have a look.

He popped the hood and after several minutes came back and exclaimed. "It's an electrical problem I'm not sure exactly what specific component it is yet, but it is definately electrical."

The mechanic scowled and said "I better have a look. Most problems like this are mechanical." After several minutes the mechanic came back and exclaimed "Oh yah.. It's mechanical alright. I don't know which part needs replacing for absolute sure at this moment, but I have no doubt it is a mechanical problem."

The programmer looked up from his laptop and said "You are both wrong. All we have to do is get out and get back in and it will run fine".

Now days, he is likely right :)

Last edited:
I called BB and asked about the 30 Days and was clearly told that since they never offered the Gimbal for sale, they only considered 30 days from the day I received my Solo.

That was on day 29, so I returned it immediately that same night and received a full refund to my Credit Card a few days later.

I am stuck with a few extra sets of new-in-the-box Props i purchased, but not much else.

I'm seriously looking at a fully loaded DJI S1000+ rig (with Gimbal, Camera and GS, extra batteries, extra chargers, lots of cool extras) , so most likely I won't be back if / when the Gimbal ever ships.

If was an adventure trying to get the Solo to work like I wanted, and I really wanted it to work but at some point I now know when to cut my losses, throw in the towel and move on.
(I only wish I knew how to think that way about chasing after the Cheerleaders back in High School....)

Everybody have fun with theirs!

-sm

Great Thread! I returned my Solo to best buy on the 13th day after I bought it.. I sisnt want to take a chance.. Plus I wasnt really happy with the GoPro Hero Black! Battery didnt last long, one more thing to charge and the pics that came out of the camera were lacking! I picked up a P3P and all I can tell you guys that I am AMAZED and very happy with my purchase! This thing is totally amazing in every way! I gave Solo my best but there were too many hurdles to jump through and I felt it wasnt worth the effort. I hope all of you that bought the Solo work out the kinks and get your gimbals sooner than later.. You are a great bunch of guys over hear in this forum!

Oh well, I guess I'm married to the Solo :). I just wish this launch was a lot smoother as its just not fully baked yet. What's sad is it was rock solid for me but some time after the 30 days I started having issues (controller disconnects, level calibrations).
take it back to bb with your sales ticket.
see what happens

Oh well, I guess I'm married to the Solo :). I just wish this launch was a lot smoother as its just not fully baked yet. What's sad is it was rock solid for me but some time after the 30 days I started having issues (controller disconnects, level calibrations).
my Divorce went smoothe.
no alamoney

I may end up returning mine, Best buy in Canada will only let you return a "drone" that is still unopened within 30 days. I emailed 3dr and asked for a strait answer about when the 30 day warranty starts, told them if it is when solo arrived I want to return mine if it is when the gimbal arrives I will wait.
I will post back when they give me an answer

just got a reply, the warranty starts when the gimbal arrives, I did mention that I ordered the gimbal from a different supplier as well

Thats good news. As I said, I really think 3DR is trying to do the right thing.

Great Thread! I returned my Solo to best buy on the 13th day after I bought it.. I sisnt want to take a chance.. Plus I wasnt really happy with the GoPro Hero Black! Battery didnt last long, one more thing to charge and the pics that came out of the camera were lacking! I picked up a P3P and all I can tell you guys that I am AMAZED and very happy with my purchase! This thing is totally amazing in every way! I gave Solo my best but there were too many hurdles to jump through and I felt it wasnt worth the effort. I hope all of you that bought the Solo work out the kinks and get your gimbals sooner than later.. You are a great bunch of guys over hear in this forum!
Just FYI, the Solo would charge the GoPro when the gimbal is attached.

Good luck!

PS: P3A owner, but sent to China for a new shell due to cracks after 30 flights :). Looking at 6 more weeks to get it back.

Reactions: rrmccabe
Just FYI, the Solo would charge the GoPro when the gimbal is attached.

Good luck!

PS: P3A owner, but sent to China for a new shell due to cracks after 30 flights :). Looking at 6 more weeks to get it back.
cracks around the screws that hold the motors on?

That's what scared me away from the P3 --- stress cracks due to the construction.

Honestly, at this point -- if the P3 LOOKED substantially different than the Solo, and had a more robust shape -- I might even consider jumping ship.
But I guess I have to hold on for another month for this thing.
Already turning down jobs, going to miss shooting my Family wedding with the gimbal.

I already bought my GPC case, and an extra battery from BB -- so returning would be a mission in itself. I want them to give us another battery or discount, or something for this absurd wait.

Reactions: GoodnNuff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M