Problem with Gopro hero 4 camera.....

If I should post elsewhere please bear with me and let me know but anybody have thoughts or opinions on if I'm best off buying a rectilinear lense or just buying a filter pack and using editor to take out the barrel of the go pro hero 4 black lense. Either way any decent priced products that have produced good results. I also have a hero 3 I use with a p2 so an option that could be converted easily would be great if doable. Keep in mind been in rc a while but just got into aerial and the photography side last year so a bit of a newb here. Safe decent pilot but newer none the less.

If it's worth extra money I could afford higher end options but since I decided to get a new everything involved with my solo instead of living with what I had, my old lady is likely getting annoyed at the dollar amount being racked up. You know happy wife happy life but I also have my own happiness to worry about right?lol

Any help or even opinions appreciated this seemed to be the most recent active gopro discussion where this seemed on topic.

Thanks Andrew

Spent 1.5 hours on the phone with 3dr....i tell you one thing they don't give up easy....we tried everything, reinstalling the app....different camera, tablet, ipad, etc. finally he said i think the hdmi chord may be loose where it plugs into the board....you can send it back or i can talk you through taking it apart.....i thought guess i'll get an education....so with his help i disassembled the solo....right into the heart removing the main circuit board etc. Unplugged the hdmi cable from the board, plugged it back in put everything back together, fired it up, and same results....no video feed.....well i shouldn't say no video feed....if i unplugged the camera and plugged it back in i'd get video for a second (just a frozen picture) then unplug and it would go black, then plug back in and another frozen pic....so for now no solution....i am getting a second solo on wednesday and if it works this first one is going in the box and getting sent back to 3dr. I think there is something weak on the board....i've hooked my go pros to a video screen via a hdmi cable and the feed was fine...eliminating the go pros (2 different ones), i cant imagine a new ipad mini and nexus tablet 7 would both be bad...so the only thing left is the solo...i'll keep you updated but for now that is where i am at. Also someone mentioned plugging in the camera before you put it in the bracket....that is not possible..you have to latch the go pro in first...then the cable is plugged in through the side of the bracket! But it is important that you have it centered in the bracket or the cable may not plug in all the way

Reactions: Krzys
I'm using an iPad mini. No live view or anything else. I can't get video from the camera to display on the iPad. Nothing shows up. It must be a settings issue, but I can't figure it out.
Sarah
I'm having the same problem and have tried everything (I think). Have you managed to sort it??
Tim

That post was from June
the gimbal was not even out then.
Check your gopro to a TV away from solo
If it is feeding Video then check your connections
Beyond that call 3DR

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member