Peau Productions lens choice

Reaction score
Peau productions is having a Black Friday sale :)

So what is favored ammong the lenses? 3.97, 4.35, 5.4, 7.2, 8.25. Well out of those I guess it is really up to either a 3.97 or the 5.4, so what is favored? i know it comes down to taste, so post videos if you have them.....

Thanks

Rusty

Why their overpriced lenses? I have their 3.97 and actually prefer the 3.8mm from any one of a number of sources at less than half the cost.

I just wish there was a way to remove the tinge in post. My gopro has a broken usb port so i cant do the software fix.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have the 3.8mm and for one it's as clear as the stock lens easily and secondly I don't notice the pink around the edges at all which is unfortunate because I purchased their service before I really did extensive testing.

ive been waiting for this sale too
but most of the no-distortion lenses dont seem to be on sale??

Why their overpriced lenses? I have their 3.97 and actually prefer the 3.8mm from any one of a number of sources at less than half the cost.
link and sample video? no pink corners?

Last edited:
This is the first test I did with this 3.8 lens to be sure the focus was correct. Kind of wondering why I need the software after watching this.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So i wound up getting the Peau82 (3.97mm lens) I was going to just get the lens and color profile removed, BUT I fudged up my Hero 4B :(

To make a long story short, I had to replace the front aluminum plate, cause i filed too much off the lens cover mounting ring for a different lens. So the lens cover would no longer stay on, which would make filter mounting almost impossible. I also was going to put in a stock lens, both from Peau, BUT somehow I fudged something and can't get it to turn back on. If anyone has a good diagnosis site where i can do some research, would love to get this camera back up and running.

So i wound up getting the Peau82 (3.97mm lens) I was going to just get the lens and color profile removed, BUT I fudged up my Hero 4B :(

To make a long story short, I had to replace the front aluminum plate, cause i filed too much off the lens cover mounting ring for a different lens. So the lens cover would no longer stay on, which would make filter mounting almost impossible. I also was going to put in a stock lens, both from Peau, BUT somehow I fudged something and can't get it to turn back on. If anyone has a good diagnosis site where i can do some research, would love to get this camera back up and running.

Are you testing if it will turn on with it completely open (not reassembled)? It's likely one of the ribbon cables that is now not seated fully.

Are you testing if it will turn on with it completely open (not reassembled)? It's likely one of the ribbon cables that is now not seated fully.

I have to my best ability reattached the ribbons, and the strange 3 wire power connector. Regarding this power connector, what I check with a meter, it seems the red wire is negative and the black is positive. Can I get a confirmation on this?

I have even tried to plug in the USB and battery at the same time, and no go :(

The only place, well two places, I may have screwed is either I somehow broke the LCD ribbon cable taking it off OR I had placed a small drop of thermal transfer compound on the new front plate where the processing chips are (there was some on the chips, but some came off with the old front plate) and some of it squished out and maybe shorted the power connector pins, or some other ships on the board???? otherwise I don't know......
I

Last edited:
enUOTE="Peau Productions, post: 84473, member: 761"]Are you testing if it will turn on with it completely open (not reassembled)? It's likely one of the ribbon cables that is now not seated fully.

I have to my best ability reattached the ribbons, and the strange 3 wire power connector. Regarding this power connector, what I check with a meter, it seems the red wire is negative and the black is positive. Can I get a confirmation on this?

I have even tried to plug in the USB and battery at the same time, and no go :(

The only place, well two places, I may have screwed is either I somehow broke the LCD ribbon cable taking it off OR I had placed a small drop of thermal transfer compound on the new front plate where the processing chips are (there was some on the chips, but some came off with the old front plate) and some of it squished out and maybe shorted the power connector pins, or some other ships on the board???? otherwise I don't know......[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's likely you damaged the LCD ribbon then, they're a pain to transfer to a new heatsink. If you have another camera you can plug that LCD in and try it.

Yeah it's likely you damaged the LCD ribbon then, they're a pain to transfer to a new heatsink. If you have another camera you can plug that LCD in and try it.

I don't have another camera, and I am not going to try it on the new Peau82 that I ordered :yikes: I may have to ask a few buddies if they have a damaged camera that I can test on....

Might do that. Right now I have a bid on a smashed Hero 4B, I'll see how that goes first, as I could probably use the parts anyway.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso