Caution on the Peau Productions Filter Set

Reaction score
All
I love the Peau Productions CP ND filter set. At 80 bucks its hard to beat the price.
They are not as heavy as the Polar Pros and seem to be a good quality

But

In mid flight this past weekend one of the filters just popped out of the housing mid flight.
Peau got back with me and said that with the 3.97 lens they install, you cannot push these or any filter in all the way. It puts pressure on the back side of the filter due to contact and causes the lens to pop out.

Nothing in any of the documentation reads that.

They did replace my filter even though that is not their policy.

So kudos to them for support

Moral of the story is, if you buy this lens kit, and have an aftermarket lens that protrudes past the lens cover be cautious.

I am trying to manufacture a spacer to go on mine, so I can seat the filter properly without it touching the lens

ive got them on mine, I went to NAPA and bought a o-ring that fits over the GoPro lens and keeps the filter from pushing all the way back. I will take a picture when I get home from work and post it.

Here is a couple pics, its a 1/16 o ring slightly smaller diameter than where the filter goes20160920_162348.jpg 20160920_162348.jpg 20160920_162330.jpg

Reactions: pyrate
I had a problem with the ring around the lens coming off with the filter. It wouldn't stay on so I ended up adding gaffer tape strips around the inner housing so the outer housing would have enough friction to stay put. Then I ended up adding more strips to tape it in place.

Not the same as your issue, I have the same lens and never saw anything about the filter contacting the lens. I haven't had any problems and I routinely twist to maximum allowable torqueage.

Reactions: Jubalr
Different problem here. Bought the Polar Pro filter kit (through Peau) and it seems to be too snug to fit all the way on the Peau lens. And in trying to remove it I twisted a bit and heard and felt a little crack... as if I had cracked the adhesive and possibly shifted the focus of the lens. I have yet to try to check the focus carefully.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo