New solo DOA??? Help Please :)

Could be the card came loose when reassembling. But as I mentioned, I had to re-set everything after I screwed it together. And I may have done a factory default re-set. The cue for me was the internal blinking orange light. Once it was blinking I knew I had it solved, just needed the re-setting part.

took the screws out, reset SD again and its working. I have a suspesion that it has to do with the screen holder screws (they are almost right ontop of the SD card.) I bet they are pushing into the board and causing it to short.

I took 1 of the mount screws off the SD board, and will only lightly replace other exterior screws. Will report back

Nope, its shot again, and I didnt reinstall any other screws. Something is definitly not working right here. Its worked about 15 minutes both times then something gets shot and it goes back to waiting for solo. This last time I had gopro hooked up, wasn't even touching SD card and it lost it and went to waiting for solo :(

I was soooo sure it was fixed!

Nope, its shot again, and I didnt reinstall any other screws. Something is definitly not working right here. Its worked about 15 minutes both times then something gets shot and it goes back to waiting for solo. This last time I had gopro hooked up, wasn't even touching SD card and it lost it and went to waiting for solo :(

I was soooo sure it was fixed!

Look for the orange light inside the controller. if it's solid lit, not flashing, then its signaling a problem. If so, I'd say 3DR support chat line on Monday.

A small update, I left the controller with no battery over night, turned it on and it was working again...for 10 minutes. I dont think it was the SD card trick I think it was simply the fact of removing the battery for an extended period of time (while popping out the SD card). The issue definitly appears to be with the controller, not sure why else removing the battery for 15 minutes would fix the problem temporarily.

This is just a shot in the dark here, but if you're still monkeying around with this and want to waste 30 minutes, try the following:

A. Delete Solo App on phone, then reboot phone and reinstall.

1. Try unplugging the controller. While unplugged, leave it alone for 10 minutes, come back and hold down power to further drain any potential charge left in caps.

2. Plug the battery back in, factory reset the controller.

3. When 100% complete repeat steps 1 and 2.

4. Go through the preflight firmware upgrade, follow the instructions to the letter. if it says leave it alone for 5 minutes, then leave it alone for 5 minutes.

If after going through the process you arrive at the same point where the firmware is upgraded but you're still waiting for solo, shut everything down, unplug everything for 10 minutes, and then try to boot it back up. Give it 5 minutes and if still undetected, reboot everything and follow the pair instructions

Pairing the Controller | 3D Robotics - Drone & UAV Technology

Thanks, I will give this a shot. Has this worked for you/anyone else?

We have left the reservation on this one. We are operating on the theory that you have some temporary memory corruption.

I have fixed 4 solos with connection issues, but the fix always involved replacing the controller's iMX6 board. You probably don't have a bunch of spare iMX6 board's lying around.

Definitely not. I'm probably returning to amazon just wanted t9 exhaust other options first

I tried everything here and zero! What about a new micro ad card ?

I had similar (almost exact) problem and finally decided that I would dump the solo app and reload it.
Dumb as is sounds it worked. So if your as out of ideas as I was give it a try.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig