JAE Connector Configuration

Reaction score
I've searched for the answer to this and couldn't find it. How is the accessory port configured. More to the point which is the #1 pin? Diagram?

I've searched for the answer to this and couldn't find it. How is the accessory port configured. More to the point which is the #1 pin? Diagram?
Not all questions are answered within this forum. Google is also your very good friend. Perhaps try Googling "3dr solo accessory bay". It is surprising how much info has been previously provided by 3DR on their site.

Also... don't know if you are using a breakout board, but (as I remember) @franknitty69 on this forum has those available.

No, using the JAE adapter that plugs into the accessory port on the bottom of Solo. Trying to identify the number one pin location in order to reference all the other pins. Haven't been able to locate that information.

Thank you very much, but I was referring to the location of the number one pin on the adapter that plugs into the accessory bay.

Looks to me like it would be the upper left pin would be pin 1 when the bird is sitting on it's tail with the gimble up.

29mqdr4.png download.png

Reactions: Russ Knight
If it does, then the OP could have had his answer last Friday when in post #2 I told him exactly what to search for to get that exact page. I rarely give direct links, but do tell posters exactly what to Google to get their answer.

BTW, I tried that. No dice.

Russ, what are you looking to do, frustrate @SARDG ? :( You have all the information at this point to identify and map the pinouts from solo to the accessory port and have fun.

The pinout identifications are provided in the dev.3dr documentation and the you can trace the solos pinouts to the JAE connector port based on the pictures i provided you as well as the JAE documentation on that plug.

Plus, you have your own Solo that you can crack open and trace all you want with a continuity tester.

20170123_221907.jpg 20170123_222023.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't realize it was such a difficult question to answer. Thanks for all the responses.

Russ, it has already been answered but I put it all together for you before @SARDG gets here, or heaven forbid @Pedals2Paddles ;)

Don't be afraid to put in a little effort to help yourself, but here is my take on it. Post your project when you're done. It would be interesting to see where you go with this.

20170125_183318.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SARDG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig