>> FREE << leg extenders for all Solo users who have registered

Honestly I think things would have gone smoother if the entire company spoke no English and just went at it minus an interpreter. It seems that at least at times the silence was a better strategy than each employee saying something different. I was anxious when they went silent but overall silence would be an improvement in a few cases. Sorry I'm kinda working whining in here but it's another one of those days and we've had far too many of those days all summer long now.

Still in love with my solo but I hope 3dr keeps improving and proves to me that I was right initially and it's just been a rough road for em lately.

Dude.. you just described DJI in the early days!! LOL:D

Reactions: Adimuzio513
So i went on 3dr web site 2 weeks ago and ordered my gimbal, it said pre order but i went thru steps anyway and just got mine yesterday , I'm not sure how that happened but I'm happy

Got my lanyard last week in the mail and the gimbal a couple of weeks ago. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones! :)
Now about those leg extensions....

Reactions: prowler9
Nice. I'll check it out and see if I can make it a foldable design so it'll fit into my backpack.
we might also be able to carve out a deeper hole to let them fit...
Ideally we could somehow apply a rubber aspect to dampen the landings...
Also I just noticed the curved aspect for backpack. Good idea!

There's another thread that talks about the Relish 3D foldable legs.

I didn't wish to wait for a 3DR set and risk the gimbal I received. (For those wondering, clearance is similar to the fixed mount)

I haven't flown the Relish 3D set I received, but they ship fast! $23+shipping as I recall.

Reactions: AKPhantom
Re

I didn't wish to wait for a 3DR set and risk the gimbal I received. (For those wondering, clearance is similar to the fixed mount)

I haven't flown the Relish 3D set I received, but they ship fast! $23+shipping as I recall.
Relish do look nice but the under 10 dollar shipped set on here do the job great too if your trying to save a few bucks and don't want to wait it out for 3dr. Rich shipped them the mourning after I ordered and they fit well.
Are you saying you Preodered your Gimbal 2 weeks ago and already received it It?

Sadly Del I've seen a bunch of these folks receiving them in 10 days to 2 weeks, can't explain it but it's happening a lot. Seems more new folks have gimbals than pre order or day one guys at this point.

How do the extensions do staying out of the shots I'm curios if any or all of our options will need cropped out, with the gimbal footage. Let us know if you have a gimbal how they do, I thought you posted you had but could be mistaken.

How do the extensions do staying out of the shots I'm curios if any or all of our options will need cropped out, with the gimbal footage. Let us know if you have a gimbal how they do, I thought you posted you had but could be mistaken.
The leg extensions shouldn't be an issue. Even on 4K Wide you don't seem to see the legs unless you maneuver aggressively back and forth, or if a major wind gust hits the solo. When the legs do enter the frame, it's pretty much just the bottom left corner and you don't see the ends of the legs, so adding more length shouldn't hurt.

The leg extensions shouldn't be an issue. Even on 4K Wide you don't seem to see the legs unless you maneuver aggressively back and forth, or if a major wind gust hits the solo. When the legs do enter the frame, it's pretty much just the bottom left corner and you don't see the ends of the legs, so adding more length shouldn't hurt.

Thanks
Nice glad to hear it, how's your flight time since installing the gimbal?

I replied over at the Relish 3D Thread on this site, but just in case you were wondering attached at pics comparing the gimbal height form the stock 3DR legs vs folded R3D vs Extended R3D.

Cheap landing insurance I'd say....

Attachments

• R3D Foot Height_measured extended.JPG
    R3D Foot Height_measured extended.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 44
  • R3D Foot Height_measured folded.JPG
    R3D Foot Height_measured folded.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 38
  • R3D Foot Height_StockLeg.JPG
    R3D Foot Height_StockLeg.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 38
I replied over at the Relish 3D Thread on this site, but just in case you were wondering attached at pics comparing the gimbal height form the stock 3DR legs vs folded R3D vs Extended R3D.

Thanks for posting the pics @UAVenthusiast ..to tell you the truth..I like those leg extenders..that 2inches would be pretty handy to have..

But I'm curious ..Will the Solo still fit in your Backpack with them on... Or do you have to take them off your Solo every time ?

I use a Fuerte Tactical Backpack (Molle straps, etc) for the Solo (LOVE it!). Attached the two pics showing stock 3DR legs vs Relish 3D foldable....basically Very little difference. Might be the same for the 3DR case, the feet extend up and out but very little...added a pic of the Fuerte backpack (molle attachment points, etc..)

Attachments

• R3D Foot Case Height_Folded.JPG
    R3D Foot Case Height_Folded.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Gimbal 3 Axis Height in Case.jpg
    Gimbal 3 Axis Height in Case.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
  • Fuerte Backpack_R3D extensions_FPVLR_7 inch hood_1.JPG
    Fuerte Backpack_R3D extensions_FPVLR_7 inch hood_1.JPG
    428.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
U

8/31/15
8/27/15 from 3dr and one back in May with adorama that I cancelled after 3dr told me best buy would be quicker through email and assured me they'd still honor their warranty after purchasing the gimbal. This all after I bought solo itself at best buy since my preorder was still weeks out.

This $hit Is crazy glad some folks are getting them but it's kinda fd up that people who waited months still haven't. As much as I love solo and am confident it's going to be great when complete and debugged, I don't know what I should do anymore and I thought there was no chance I'd ever return it.

I basically feel like an idiot for sticking up for 3dr and cheering how great they are all this time after being lied to many times individually or as a whole and now put on the back burner to wait till, some day. Seems most everybody who's defended them tooth and nail and pushed for solos success has been pushed off since we all waited this long already now, guess it's seen as wel wait a while longer.

Wasn't mad at delays for quality at all but after the lies and now seeing new orders filled day after day it just doesn't seem like the company everyone including myself thought so highly of. Guess investor pressure changes things but it's sad to see just how much.

I ordered the gimble right from 3dr on july 27th Thought i would be waiting till Dec and that was O K with me. Was very surprised when it showed up UPS on Sept 1st have had it for almost 2 weeks. Only flew it 3 times because of gimble clearance. Ordered the folding leg extensions and not going to fly till they are on. Nothing is flat were i fly from

I use a Fuerte Tactical Backpack (Molle straps, etc) for the Solo (LOVE it!). Attached the two pics showing stock 3DR legs vs Relish 3D foldable....basically Very little difference. Might be the same for the 3DR case, the feet extend up and out but very little...added a pic of the Fuerte backpack (molle attachment points, etc..)

Thanks for the info on these Relish 3D Foldable Legs for the Solo..I didint even know these existed

I just went to there website and checked it out..
I decided to Order a set of (Green)

I found the legs extenders to be pretty expensive ..specially when I live in Canada

Description Unit price Qty Amount
Your order from Relish3D
$29.90 USD 1 $29.90 USD

Subtotal $29.90 USD
Total $29.90 USD
Payment $29.90 USD
Charge will appear on your credit card statement as "PAYPAL *RELISH3D"
Payment sent to [email protected]
From amount $40.78 CAD
To amount $29.90 USD
Exchange rate: 1 CAD = 0.733261 USD

So my Order went from $29.90USD to $40.78CAD

To me...I think it's still worth it...i think the 3d Relish is a great benefit to the solo keeping that Gimal and Camera out of the Grass!

And there's nothing Hotter then having a sexy pair of legs on your Solo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44