Dear 3DR

Hold up, I haven't given my 2 cents about the subject of this talking point.
First off, let me just say that it's comforting to know we have have grown-ups here and know when enough bashing is enough.
There is a lot of great information here and I enjoy reading it, but the fact of the matter is this is about the Solo, be it bad or be it good, if I wanted to know more about the other brands out there I would have gone to those sites.
Most importantly this is a NEW product which means we have to be patient, the other products have their ups and downs also and that's why we have a choice to go on the net and read about the particular product we are interested in.
I'm a newby with quads but have flown the high end helos which makes flying the Solo seem like child's play.
In my opinion I went with Solo because they offer an open platform which seems to be very popular with the geek gurus and after my dealing with 3dr after a massive Magnetic Interference problem I was given an answer within 24 hours, not bad in my book.
Also as this is an open platform for all you guys complaining about not receiving the coveted gimbal, and there are already u tube videos showing how to do your own gimbal, regardless of this small setback I'm ecstatic flying this quad and yeah I can't control the go pro but the videos I receive are awesome.
So to make a long story short let's keep this site about Solo, thanks for listening to my rant.

Look, just because said "staff member" tells it how it is , thats all he has ever done. HIs reputation on these boards and the other one have been beyond reproach for a LONG time. Bang on me all you want, although we take largely the same stand.
However Ive been nothing other than supportive of the solo. In fact I got called a fan boy on the other site for weeks after this post Solo and P3P Owner... Real honest discussion please | 3D Robotics Drone Forum and others I made lauding the solo.
I want this thing to succeed very badly. If version 2.0 next spring is solid, ill likely buy it.
My pros and cons list largely still stands as a pretty accurate view (of course its MY opinion) of the 2 platforms.
My decision to return mine had everything to do with gimbal delays (however you want to spin it, there were delays, period) and range issues (4200ft was the best i achieved with DBS, 20,000 with p3p).
Thats about it. Everything else about the solo I loved ,and want to love again.
My problems with 3dr and their support didnt arise until i tried to return it and got 5 NO's from support, management etc. This doesnt mean their support sucks, its 1000x better than DJIs, but personally I didnt have that experience, perhaps just back luck , or a bad day by a few 3dr folks.

Believe that or not, quite frankly I dont care. Like I said above, beat on me all you want, but calling out rmmcabe for telling it like it is, striving to make a better product, working with the company themselves doesnt deserve this (all be it small) amount of backlash. Rich wanted to give more money to DJI like he wanted a hole in the head but given the fact but in the end there wasnt much choice offered.
Nobody is "beyond reproach" and admins have responsibility.
I simply asked for a citation from 3DR (the supposed source) for an assertion someone made about what they said.

Telling that it never arrived.

OK. Done.
Credits
Blooper Real...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44