Dear 3DR

Show you where its 3 months late?

Think what you want but you are wrong. Here are the gimbal updates 3DR gave to investors (These are NOT some random 3DR CSR comments)...

May 15, 2015, Gimbal Launch Delayed - (3DR creates plan to offer Best Buy customers a free battery as compensation for the gimbal delay at the official launch of solo during BB Father's Day promotion)
May 30, 2015, Official Gimbal Launch Delayed
June 6th (Best Buy Free battery offer announced as compensation for the delay)
June 15th 3DR expands free battery promo to all 3DR customers through July 15
June 30th Gimbal once again delayed - DVT begins
July15 - Gimbal once again delayed , Free battery offer expires
July 30 - Gimbal once again delayed PVT Begins EVT Begins
August 8 Gimbal once again delayed EVT2 Begins
August 17 Gimbal PVT2 units ready. Manufacturing can begin upon confirmation PVT2 builds.
Lol... As I keep saying, what anyone (including me) "thinks" is irrelevant.
It is the facts that matter. I am simply pointing out the discrepancy between what was (and is) said by certain people, and the facts.

What you showed actually proves I am right. When Solo was released, they stated that the gimbal was not going to be released with it. There was no way to order it and not know that unless you actively avoided that.

In fact, they offered a free battery for anyone ordering both the Solo and the gimbal from that time through July 15th, since the gimbal was planned to be shipped at the end of July. So to not know that you really had to try. They subsequently announced a 3 week delay from that point, and explained in great detail why they made that decision. From everything I can see, they will fulfill that promise.

All the while, you can send it all back for a complete refund, with no questions asked, at anytime up to 30 days after you recieve the gimbal.

Those are just the facts.

Show me where 3DR (not some blog) said the gimbal was going to be available 3 months ago.

I will (continue to) wait.... :)

Last edited:
You will be waiting a long time, because you are a tad delusional. You refuse to accept that i and many many others were told the gimbal would be shipping with our solo on launch day. There were TONS of pre orders long before they said "oops, it wont be shipping with your solo"

the fact that you dont actually know (or care) where the info in "that blog" came from, to me means you dont actually want evidence that disproves your "theory"

no worries. i slept at a holiday inn express last night so im very smart today...

Reactions: ChrisM101
You will be waiting a long time, because you are a tad delusional. You refuse to accept that i and many many others were told the gimbal would be shipping with our solo on launch day. There were TONS of pre orders long before they said "oops, it wont be shipping with your solo"

the fact that you dont actually know (or care) where the info in "that blog" came from, to me means you dont actually want evidence that disproves your "theory"

no worries. i slept at a holiday inn express last night so im very smart today...
Wow... Now you want 3DR to be responsible for the entire internet blogosphere.... THAT makes sense.... No... No that makes no sense at all...

If I am delusional.... Why are you spending so many words NOT providing anything to back up the claim? ROFL....

Still waiting... Tick tock...

Last edited:
Wow... Now you want 3DR to be responsible for the entire internet blogosphere.... THAT makes sense.... No... No that makes no sense at all...

If I am delusional.... Why are you spending so many words NOT providing anything to back up the claim? ROFL....

Still waiting... Tick tock...
Guys guys...

It's me, I'm delusional.

I ordered mine 4/16, got delayed yep , whatever, received the solo only end of June, crashed with glitches ! Totally drank the GPS "problem" Koolaid, broken props.. Etc.

Lost chances to improve some of the music videos shot for my company at outdoor events this summer...

Not a peep about my extra battery, gimble, OR free BATT. From B&H.

P3P must be fun but...

I LOVE this thing...

Just think about it like I do.. It's not how well the bear dances..

The Bear is DANCING!!

And getting better all the time thanks to updates that Really improve everything from what I can tell..

My guess is by next week for some of us it's the BEST bang for buck video platform in its class with room to grow~

Like I said, I'm delusional.
And very excited about the recent upgrade and any possible gimbal sighting..

+2
I guess I could be accused of being delusional, when It actually did cross my mind to go home early from my vacation, to see if the package just delivered there from China is my gimbal.... ROFL...

No... I'm not doing it, but it DID cross my mind :)

+2
I guess I could be accused of being delusional, when It actually did cross my mind to go home early from my vacation, to see if the package just delivered there from China is my gimbal.... ROFL...

No... I'm not doing it, but it DID cross my mind :)
I was referring to the other delusional member...

Yahh... I know, but thanks :) I think part of it is that we are all like 6 year old's being told that Christmas got delayed... Some handle it better than others... lol...
Rules of Netiquette:

#3. NO HIJACKING: Taking control of an online discussion can be off-putting for fellow readers. Share relevant insight, give others an opportunity to participate, and you become a valued member of the discourse. Hijack the topic, fail to relinquish the floor, and bully your audience into your way of thinking, and others will abandon the conversation.

Is there any way you can take your
personal ax to grind to some other thread?

Rules of Netiquette:

#3. NO HIJACKING: Taking control of an online discussion can be off-putting for fellow readers. Share relevant insight, give others an opportunity to participate, and you become a valued member of the discourse. Hijack the topic, fail to relinquish the floor, and bully your audience into your way of thinking, and others will abandon the conversation.

Is there any way you can take your
personal ax to grind to some other thread?
I responded to a post directed specifically to me. If you have issues with that I can't help you.

By all means though, add "something relevant", or just continue with the bashing.

I won't be in you way in either case.

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Someone had to say it, my friend. No communication from 3DR for weeks? Come on now...
Hi If you emailed them in support about the gimbal they gave you updates all the time which is what i have done and they have always respond which you can't argue with that. Yes it has been disappointing about having to wait for the gimbal but to have full control of the gopro on a drone will be well worth they wait and also if it was not for 3DR. DJI would not have bothered to add smart shots (waypoints) the phantom3/inspire range. It says alot if DJI a larger company copies a smaller one. This shows that 3DR's product solo the smart drone was a game changer as advertised

Last edited:
I bought my Solo because I drank the cool aid. I believed the promotional ads. Solo fit perfectly into my business plan. I was super excited. I bought two. I've got about $8,000 invested. But everything is dependent on Solo flying. Each and every time. You can't run a business without reliability. Solo one is on it's way back to 3dr for repair. It won't fly. Solo two is on the shelve because I at least want to see how it works with the gimbal before it won't fly for an endless list of reasons none of which is reasonable to me as a business person. If my expectation was that as long as it worked some of the time that would be cool. Then I would have no issues. For me personally, unless it's reliable it's just a black piece of plastic. In contrast, my three GoPro cameras and in fact all of my other equipment works as advertised every time. So now I'm flying my Blade for obvious reasons. Why did you buy your Solo?

You are not much of a business man if you based your entire business off of a product that you have never seen.

Lol... As I keep saying, what anyone (including me) "thinks" is irrelevant.
It is the facts that matter. I am
simply pointing out the discrepancy between what was (and is) said by certain people, and the facts.

What you showed actually proves I am right. When Solo was released, they stated that the gimbal was not going to be released with it. There was no way to order it and not know that unless you actively avoided that.

In fact, they offered a free battery for anyone ordering both the Solo and the gimbal from that time through July 15th, since the gimbal was planned to be shipped at the end of July. So to not know that you really had to try. They subsequently announced a 3 week delay from that point, and explained in great detail why they made that decision. From everything I can see, they will fulfill that promise.

All the while, you can send it all back for a complete refund, with no questions asked, at anytime up to 30 days after you recieve the gimbal.

Those are just the facts.

Show me where 3DR (not some blog) said the gimbal was going to be available 3 months ago.

I will (continue to) wait.... :)

I ordered April 28 at that moment Solo and Gimbal didn't have any delay all was said to launch May 28 I believe was the date.

May 28 we will ship Solo in June

June 02 Gimbal delayed to July here is a free battery for your troubles email

June 14 news about my order to leave factory between 06/15-06/25 +5 day shipment (so we will make it between those days we don't know which and send it) so efectively pushing release almost one month later than Launch date.

Ok from this point it goes as this:

06/26 I write for tracking number

Hello Axel,

We were unable to ship Your order# R264808918 on the expected timeframe Due to the special circumstances that it went through, but we are getting it ready to ship it and we will do so as soon as possible, remember that you will receive a confirmation email with tracking information as when it does.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Regards,

Adrian.
Customer Advocate.
3D Robotics
Mon-Fri 8am-5pm PST
Toll free: 1 855-982-2898

My response:

Since it will ship past June at this point will it come at least with the Gymbal or still I will have to wait an unspecified time for that?

Hello Axel,

We are very fulfilment time on your purchase, but I am sure that your order# R264808918 will ship before the gimbal’s release which is in mid-July.

Let me know if there’s any questions I can help with.

Regards,

Adrian.
Customer Advocate.
3D Robotics
Mon-Fri 8am-5pm PST
Toll free: 1 855-982-2898

Shipment of my Solo was efective Jul 03

Vu (3drobotics)

Jul 6, 2:35 PM

Hi Axel,

We sent your order out July 3rd. Here are your tracking numbers:

1ZV930E9D978701204
1ZV930E9D976607810

Your order did not ship with the gimbal. That will be shipped separately in the coming weeks.

Best regards,
Vu Tran
VP, Support

Then we got a Blog post saying that Gimbal Shipments would be end of July and new videos

Then we got in August another Blog post saying that mid-August and it finally shipped 08/21

Reactions: Michael Stevenson
I heard DJI is shipping the P3 out with a support kit containing Baling wire, Duct Tape and Superglue. At least Walmart carries these eliminating a six week DJI repair. Inspire owners must be ecstatic now that Duct Tape comes in both White and Black.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait until all of these Solo haters get off this forum. If you love the Phantom switch to their forum and return your Solo. I hope it works out for you. If not please clog up their forum with your complaints. So far I love my Solo and what appears to be fairly good tech support. So there has been a delay on the gimbal. I am learning to fly the Solo in the mean time.

I can't wait until all of these Solo haters get off this forum. If you love the Phantom switch to their forum and return your Solo. I hope it works out for you. If not please clog up their forum with your complaints. So far I love my Solo and what appears to be fairly good tech support. So there has been a delay on the gimbal. I am learning to fly the Solo in the mean time.
Amen...

I agree a 110%

Its just great that one of them turns out to be a Staff member on these boards - although the staff badge didn't appear until after earl called him out. You'd expect a staff member to stay out of the fray and hold himself to a higher standard.

Reactions: Earldgrayjr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44