Dear 3DR

Reaction score
Dear 3DR,

My P3P arrived today and it worked right out of the box. I am back to making money again. DJI may have poor service but you guys have a poor non working product that's gathering dust.

IMG_1190.JPG

Sincerely,
Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: Harleymhs
Dear 3DR,

You put a video on the internet many months ago that was fake. You simulated the Gimbal with CGI that you passed off as "real." Your "even a Monkey can fly it" video was fake. As soon as I receive my Gimbal I am going to return everything ($3,000+ worth). My P3P arrived today and it worked right out of the box. I am back to making money again. You will never get past this disgraceful ripoff of a start as long as you are in business, ever. DJI may have crappy service but you guys have a crappy non working product that's gathering dust.

View attachment 804

Sincerely,
Mike

Good luck to you Mike! Enjoy your new quad :)

This Solo gimbal fiasco reminds me of a Kickstarter project I was involved with a few years ago. The item was (and still is) a good product. However, there was delay after delay, little (or no) communication from the company, outright "misinformation" that the product had shipped when it had not. Every imaginable excuse was given for all the delays and incorrect information. Their investors were extremely unhappy for all the above reasons. I don't why most companies have never figured out that customers would rather hear "bad" news that is the absolute "bottom line" truth than "good" news that is not. You can only put the carrot in front of the horse so may times!

Dear 3DR,

You put a video on the internet many months ago that was fake. You simulated the Gimbal with CGI that you passed off as "real." Your "even a Monkey can fly it" video was fake. As soon as I receive my Gimbal I am going to return everything ($3,000+ worth). My P3P arrived today and it worked right out of the box. I am back to making money again. You will never get past this disgraceful ripoff of a start as long as you are in business, ever. DJI may have crappy service but you guys have a crappy non working product that's gathering dust.

View attachment 804

Sincerely,
Mike
How do you know the video was faked with "CGI" again? And why do that when they could just be use one of their own gimbals that already runs off the PixHawk?

In any case, sorry you are so angry. My P3P was sent to China 5 weeks ago, after owning it for 3 weeks due to stress cracks on the motor arms. I was told to expect it back in 8 weeks. So if all goes well, I will get it back 3 weeks from now, after my gimbal arrives. I am over it though and smiling again with the Solo, practicing with Tower missions etc.

Good luck with the P3P. I sincerely hope you have better luck than I have.

PS: Please let me know when the smart shots for Phantom get here. I. believe DJI announced those as "coming soon" for P3 somewhere around February. The good news is that they just announced it again as "coming soon" for the New "Standard", so there is that...
Dear 3DR,

You put a video on the internet many months ago that was fake. You simulated the Gimbal with CGI that you passed off as "real." Your "Even a Monkey can fly it" video was fake. As soon as I receive my Gimbal I am going to return everything ($3,000+ worth). My P3P arrived today and it worked right out of the box. I am back to making money again. DJI may have crappy service but you guys have a crappy non working product that's gathering dust.

View attachment 804

Sincerely,
Mike
Dear 3DR,

View attachment 804

Sincerely,
Mike
How do you know the video was faked with "CGI" again? And why do that when they could just be use one of their own gimbals that already runs off the PixHawk?

In any case, sorry you are so angry. My P3P was sent to China 5 weeks ago, after owning it for 3 weeks due to stress cracks on the motor arms. I was told to expect it back in 8 weeks. So if all goes well, I will get it back 3 weeks from now, after my gimbal arrives. I am over it though and smiling again with the Solo, practicing with Tower missions etc.

PS: Please let me know when the smart shots for Phantom get here. I believe DJI announced those as "coming soon" for P3 somewhere around February or March? The good news is that they just announced it again as "coming soon" for the new "Standard", so there is that :)

PS: Please let me know when the smart shots for Phantom get here. I. believe DJI announced those as "coming soon" for P3 somewhere around February. The good news is that they just announced it again as "coming soon" for the New "Standard", so there is that...

PS: Please let me know when the smart shots for Phantom get here. I believe DJI announced those as "coming soon" for P3 somewhere around February or March? The good news is that they just announced it again as "coming soon" for the new "Standard", so there is that :)
Someone had to say it, my friend. No communication from 3DR for weeks? Come on now...

I bought my Solo because I drank the cool aid. I believed the promotional ads. Solo fit perfectly into my business plan. I was super excited. I bought two. I've got about $8,000 invested. But everything is dependent on Solo flying. Each and every time. You can't run a business without reliability. Solo one is on it's way back to 3dr for repair. It won't fly. Solo two is on the shelve because I at least want to see how it works with the gimbal before it won't fly for an endless list of reasons none of which is reasonable to me as a business person. If my expectation was that as long as it worked some of the time that would be cool. Then I would have no issues. For me personally, unless it's reliable it's just a black piece of plastic. In contrast, my three GoPro cameras and in fact all of my other equipment works as advertised every time. So now I'm flying my Blade for obvious reasons. Why did you buy your Solo?

Reactions: Michael Stevenson

When you get your Phantom back it will get stress cracks again. It's a design flaw they won't admit too. I think over time 3DR will get things sorted out. It is the future in my opinion. It's just a bit frustrating in the short run. Hopefully when I get Solo One back from the shop it will operate as expected.

Reactions: prowler9

Ummm Rich McCabe and I have (and more) have been using smart shots for over a week now :) and they work flawlessly... Not only that, but we have waypoint missions that again, are flawless. The smart shots on the litchi app are actually much more customizeable as well.

Dont take me as a 3dr hater, i had a solo... just saying. smart shots was a huge reason to buy solo and they have been done, and better already with the open SDK.

I wish the solo super success, because i want to buy version 2 next spring

Reactions: JOHN CUERVO
anyway guys give him a chance for his new phantom we will wait until he has problem with dji worst customer service and report back here the important is the GIMBAL is now on shipping.

Reactions: Earldgrayjr
Ummm Rich McCabe and I have (and more) have been using smart shots for over a week now :) and they work flawlessly... Not only that, but we have waypoint missions that again, are flawless. The smart shots on the litchi app are actually much more customizeable as well.

Dont take me as a 3dr hater, i had a solo... just saying. smart shots was a huge reason to buy solo and they have been done, and better already with the open SDK.

I wish the solo super success, because i want to buy version 2 next spring
You are on beta firmware right? If litchi scrambles your P3 will DJI pay for your bird? And these are not the same Smart shots DJI has been advertising.

3dr 30 days return policy = wins / dji return policy = madness
buy DJI from amazon. 30 days there too.. i did it with the p2v+. My support experience when trying to return my solo (within the 30 days) was awful. I spoke to no less than 5 people, ALL of whom denied me my refudn. Rich STILL (a month or more) later does not have his money back, and they just billed him for the gimbal. I hope i never have to use DJI support as i KNOW its bad. I was hoping 3dr support was better, but my experience was not at all like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44