Colin's new Follow Mode Instruction Video..

Just wanted to ask about the software portion of the Iris experience... Being able to put points on a map - to plan out a shot - something SOLO might get?
Solo can do that and much more by using the "Tower" software. I think "Mission Planner" works similar to Tower.
Check out the 3DR website or Google. Tower has been discussed extensively in this forum.

Follow me mode does not work well on my samsung tablet but works great on my galaxy 6.

Yeah RTM my preference if available. Especially if you're on follow mode I want my SOLO flying right to me thank you very much! Lol

Dynamic home point. This is in the tower beta. I've yet to try it. But as I tried follow me out of a car window the other day, when I hit follow me or look at me or something in tower, it stopped dead as my driver drove away. Luckily I could pull over before I got too far. Rth may just have clipped the hill on the way back over I'd just driven around. Note to self. Start at very top of hill

Solo can do that and much more by using the "Tower" software. I think "Mission Planner" works similar to Tower.
Check out the 3DR website or Google. Tower has been discussed extensively in this forum.

ah tower is only available on android devices. all I've got is iOS. drats

Like others have said... My solo during follow me flies like it has a limp vs the smooth shot in the 3dr video

and thank god i found that out! lol as of today i have all bases covered. picked up an android tablet for $99 for Tower, and i downloaded MP for my Macbook.

i'm looking for any thoughts on Tower set up and use... a few i've seen on youtube don't actually show an in depth directions when setting up the flight plan.

also i'm assuming, MP requires some sort of external usb connected antenna? or does it just need the laptop to have wifi?

i really appreciate all the feedback - looking forward to posting my first cut. cheers

and thank god i found that out! lol as of today i have all bases covered. picked up an android tablet for $99 for Tower, and i downloaded MP for my Macbook.

i'm looking for any thoughts on Tower set up and use... a few i've seen on youtube don't actually show an in depth directions when setting up the flight plan.

also i'm assuming, MP requires some sort of external usb connected antenna? or does it just need the laptop to have wifi?

i really appreciate all the feedback - looking forward to posting my first cut. cheers
Wow- where should I start... What did you get for $99 & where? I need one.
I know nothing about Tower or Mission Planner- just learning myself.
Use the search function & you will find some info on this forum. Also try Google. There is very little formal documentation for Tower.
I guess most people learn by reading forums, Facebook groups, etc.

MP will use your WiFi, just change the connection type (top right corner) to UDP. Not much in the way of formal documentation. Just get in there and play with the WPs. You play all you want and not upload to Solo until you are ready.

Reactions: emulsiondown
Mad - t-mobile was having a weekend special on the tab s and as I had a couple older Apple devices I turned them in and ended up getting a free paid phone - which I will donate to the Veteran Phone program.

so now I have a lot on my plate in the way of learning, MP, Tower a gimbal that now works and an update on its way with more GoPro features!

getting out to fly is another challenge lol - 3 dags, a house to run and clients to please! it's all coming together.

now all we need is the Zombie apocalypse! ;) or did I miss it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M