Colin's new Follow Mode Instruction Video..

Reaction score
They just posted this video. Pretty cool. I don't know that I would have started the shot he did with just 50% battery though..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think I've seen this before, maybe part of another video?

I noticed that he didn't show what he did with the controller, yes I know it's in the backpack. I guess you have to be careful that nothing touches the sticks and paddles while in the backpack. This is probably why the controller retaining strap is included.

I haven't had good luck with follow me with my tablet, it seems the GPS disables halfway through its use.

Last edited:
What is the wire going to his phone? Looks like there is something else by his phone? Anybody know what that is?

HDMI cable from Monitor to HDMI on Controller. IT's not a Mobile phone, it's just a Monitor.
3DR sell's them i think?
Correction, he say's phone in the video, ether way, it has a HDMI cable connection & he's using that.
it looks like a HTC Butterfly 3

Last edited:
Reactions: Maddog
HDMI cable from Monitor to HDMI on Controller. IT's not a Mobile phone, it's just a Monitor.
3DR sell's them i think?
Correction, he say's phone in the video, ether way, it has a HDMI cable connection & he's using that.
it looks like a HTC Butterfly 3
Ahh.. So can he see the flight parameters on the monitor or just the GoPro video?

All the same

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Is there any benefit to attaching your smartphone via HDMI cable to controller? I thought all you got out of that port was a view of what the GoPro was seeing, not the flight parameters. Is that correct?

Is there any benefit to attaching your smartphone via HDMI cable to controller? I thought all you got out of that port was a view of what the GoPro was seeing, not the flight parameters. Is that correct?
Well, if your talking about using the Solo app, it has many flight info. Near the top of the app. For more precise info. You can use the tower app. Both will let you view what your gopro see's and control the Solo, but most prefer the Solo app.

As for a phone with HDMI, would be no different then a phone without. Not too many people using the HDMI. But I guess it works just as good as or better then WiFi
Hope this helps.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maddog
They just posted this video. Pretty cool. I don't know that I would have started the shot he did with just 50% battery though..

love the orbit feature while on follow. next thing would be to add Selfie at the end - good dramatic end.

Reactions: Stal
Is he using a telemetry radio plugged into the phone, like I use with my 3DR Iris+ ?

Interesting the telemetry, he it's a android device?
I use an adroid device with mine, a Samsung Note 3. If they are using this with the Solo, it is has been greatly modified from what we have, I would think. I am not sure what Colin is using with the Solo, but we don't have it. Yet.

I haven tried follow me yet, but one hte issues I see is the refresh rate of the location the solo doesnt seem to fly smoothly

I haven tried follow me yet, but one hte issues I see is the refresh rate of the location the solo doesnt seem to fly smoothly
I have used it a little and it did not fly very smoothly.
I thought it was just 'cause I walk with a limp!:confused:

Is he using a telemetry radio plugged into the phone, like I use with my 3DR Iris+ ?

In the video he says he is using an "android device" connected to a "3DR radio".

Just wanted to ask about the software portion of the Iris experience... Being able to put points on a map - to plan out a shot - something SOLO might get?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M