Cant get rid of vibrations, maybe its not your cable

Where do you get the bearings?
I'll post all those details later this weekend...patience. There are multiple domestic sources for bearings. Boca seems to be the default for many, but gees they are proud of their product$$$. I found an equal or better quality source and is way cheaper. A one guy operation and just sells bearings, so low overhead.

Can someone Direct me to the motor test menu in mission planner ?
I can't seem to find it?
I would like to run one motor at a time in MP.!
Iv never used MP before and have absolutely no idea how to use it !
I'm using Windows on my PC and I'm connected to my Solo with my Laptop.. So iv got to that point so far! So I'm just wondering where do I go from here to have the abilities to run one motor at a time so I can try to check individual motors for balance and vibrations ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Cheers

Okay guys (smarter than me), I found an Android app that I could run on my Tab 4 and place on my battery. I can at least expand the graph enough to see what's going on. Motor 03 looks like an issue to me. Motor 04, which is the only one that has a piece of tape on it looks the best to me.

Would love to get some thoughts. The Z axis is the bluish line. I ran the motors for 5 seconds each at 50%. What do you guys see?

Jerry

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can someone Direct me to the motor test menu in mission planner ?
I can't seem to find it?
I would like to run one motor at a time in MP.!
Iv never used MP before and have absolutely no idea how to use it !
I'm using Windows on my PC and I'm connected to my Solo with my Laptop.. So iv got to that point so far! So I'm just wondering where do I go from here to have the abilities to run one motor at a time so I can try to check individual motors for balance and vibrations ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Cheers

Del,

I assume you have Mission Planner installed and up. Look in the upper right corner of MP. Change "auto" to "udp", then hit the little connect icon. It'll start to connect and then ask for a port, just hit okay. You'll see it do a few more things and then it should show connected. In the top menu bar is one titled "initial setup", select it. Look for "optional hardware" and select it, down towards the bottom of the screen is "motor test", select it. Change the throttle to 50% and the duration to like 5 seconds. You can then select "Test Motor A" and so on.

When it asks about the firmware update, don't do it, just close that box.

Jerry

Del,

I assume you have Mission Planner installed and up. Look in the upper right corner of MP. Change "auto" to "udp", then hit the little connect icon. It'll start to connect and then ask for a port, just hit okay. You'll see it do a few more things and then it should show connected. In the top menu bar is one titled "initial setup", select it. Look for "optional hardware" and select it, down towards the bottom of the screen is "motor test", select it. Change the throttle to 50% and the duration to like 5 seconds. You can then select "Test Motor A" and so on.

When it asks about the firmware update, don't do it, just close that box.

Jerry
Thanks Jerry for getting back to me:)
But I don't see ( option hardware )? The only one I see that comes that comes close to that is (Option Setup)?
And it dosint seem to show (Motor Test)?

Iv also posted 2 pics showing that I am connected to the Solo
And another pic showing my ( initial set up ) Tab and ( option set up ) but don't see Motor Test?

Jerry ..are you using Mac or Windows..? Mabe the Navigation options in MP could be different between Mac and PC ?

Or Mabe do I even got the right MP??

image.jpeg image.jpeg

But I don't see ( option hardware )? The only one I see that comes that comes close to that is (Option Setup)?

And another pic showing my ( initial set up ) Tab and ( option set up ) but don't see Motor Test?

Jerry ..are you using Mac or Windows..? Mabe the Navigation options in MP could be different between Mac and PC ?

View attachment 1807 View attachment 1806

I'm sorry Del, it's under "Initial Setup".

Jerry

Second look. You have a different MP than I do.

Jerry

Mine is version 1.3.32.10 build 1.1.5781.34785 .

Man, I hope my motor test post and video doesn't get lost in here now. I really want to get some input from some of you guys about my graphs.

Jerry

Hmmmmm...yours does look different than mine ..I'm starting to think Mabe I got the wrong PM Mabe ??
Would you have the download link to where you got yours?

I would think APM planner would have it somewhere, but yea, you're using a different version than most. Here's the link to Mission Planner: Downloads | ArduPilot

Del,

Maybe you need to make sure you have the right craft selected under "Madatory Hardware"?

View attachment 1812
I have ( "X" Style) selected!! But still can't find (motor test) in my ( (initial set up)Tab!?
And I find that it is pretty strange that your PM looks different than mine ? So I'm also thinking that the reason I probably don't have motor test tab Is being I might have the wrong MP? Or Mabe there is something I'm doing wrong in my MP that I have!!?image.jpegimage.jpeg

Thanks @User Name ... I'm gonna uninstall the MP that I have now and install the one that you gave me the link to and see if that makes a difference :)
Del,

Yeah, look's like you installed APM Planner 2.0 not Mission Planner. You should be able to just uninstall it and reinstall Mission Planner.

Jerry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks