Best Buy Solo bundle $399

So upset I bought on the Sep. 5th when it when it was 499.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
I also just purchased the 499 package on the third but I'm going to take mine back and request a price adjustment at the very least they might do it ...if not I'm going to actually buy another drone because that's a very cheap price to have a spare drone two extra batteries extra gimbal it's worth the price .. it's a good quad copter and it'll last a long time hope you don't crash.. good lick you have nothing to loose..

Well, just bought another. That puts 3 NIB on my warehouse shelf. I know, I can only fly one at a time. If anything, even as they age out in technical relevance, they will make beastly recreational machines and trainers for my crew.

Congratulations to everybody who got to take advantage of this deal in some way or another.

good price but on amazon it does not include anything else its just the drone
This is true, but they are pushing a bundle with the backpack.599.99. Not as good as Best Buy's price, but it is the next best deal.

I'm in Canada near the border. Just bought a spare for the $399 deal. Even with the terrible exchange rate, a great purchase. Still loving the first unit which I've had since last Boxing Day!

I just bought this deal. What else should I get to compliment my purchase? Should I worry much about jumping in with my first real drone with a Solo?
I am assuming you have a GoPro 4 and a tablet or iPhone to use? Spare batteries are the first thing you'll want. If you don't have something to tote your drone around in a backpack or a tote like LowePro droneguard kit would be handy. I like the latter, it makes it easy to throw in the car or carry out to the backyard. Too much stuff to carry without some sort of box or tote for sure. If you have never flown a drone or quad, I'd recommend getting a cheap one to learn the basics. Realflight sells a drone sim, but I learned using a Traxxas Alias, Blade 350QX, and a few other smaller ones that I flew in the house. I had a lot of years flying R/C, these are a bit different. If you have to take over and manually fly it can be a handful quickly...

Solo
Gimbal
Extra battery
Two extra props
$399

3DR - Solo Drone - Black
I'm not seeing this bundle anywhere I see that the solo went down to 399 which is awesome I already have 3 maybe I'll get one before they are hard to find butt I do not see any bundles the only ones I see that matches what you're saying is 699 can you send the link

I'm not seeing this bundle anywhere I see that the solo went down to 399 which is awesome I already have 3 maybe I'll get one before they are hard to find butt I do not see any bundles the only ones I see that matches what you're saying is 699 can you send the link

Best Buy has the bundle. 4 free items included are listed below on same page. 3DR - Solo Drone - Black

Thanks PureMX, I just dropped the $399 at Best Buy. Honestly I'm surprised that Amazon hasn't followed suit.

I went to Frys Electronics today to possibly buy one for a spare parts machine. They claim that they do internet price matching. When I had them bring up the BB ad on the website they first tried to tell me that it didn't include a gimbal. I had them scroll down a few lines where it showed the gimbal included.
Then they told me they had to get manager approval. When he contacted the manager I was told that it wasn't packaged the same way. The BB sale had the Gimbal in the same package as the Solo.
I assured them it wasn't but they stood their ground and said it wasn't the same product due to the packaging and therefore would not honor the Internet price.

Oh well that saved me 425 dollars.

To the Mountain guy who wants to buy the LumeCubes please read my cover story in the September RotorDrone magazine on lights for night time flight before you purchase.

I just got my $109 credited back to my card which I can now use toward my d dedicated iPad mini. Sweet deal!

I bought the deal at $499 back on 9/3/16 and , then heard of this one yesterday .. I am over the 15 days so no refund on the diff.. However when I signed up and bought the first solo for 499 I also signed up for the Best Buy credit card which gave me another 10% discount Plus I got some cash coupons back worth $70 because I purchased other things...NICE so today I purchased two more solo packages today so my average cost per package is about $392 per bundle... SO I think I am set for a while on spare stuff.. I'm a DJI owner that's what I learned on but I really like the solo Aircraft seems very stable very durable and it's very fast.... We'll be using it for our 360° aerial photography... I absolutely got more aircraft then one man can fly.... but having fun..

To the Mountain guy who wants to buy the LumeCubes please read my cover story in the September RotorDrone magazine on lights for night time flight before you purchase.

I don't know if it was me who you saw mention the LumaCubes, if not i had that in mind as well. i just read your article on the RotorDrone web site. Am I reading your post here wrong in that you're suggesting one not buy the LumaCubes for use on a drone? The article doesn't seem to say anything negative about them, and while the AL250 looks like the best light, it's price puts it in a totally different category than the LumaCubes.

I just pulled the trigger and bought another 3DR SOLO. I figure even if 3DR SOLO is no longer supported there still will be developers for the OS and apps.

My next paragraph is from another post I replied too.

I never did understand why the 3DR platform did not take off. It is way more advanced than the GOPRO Karma. I think if 3DR built a sony camera other than site scan then it could possibly sell better.
For those of us that have been watching the sUAV world know that you get way more features in the 3DR. The GOPRO Karma does have some preset features:
"...These presets let you create smooth, professional-looking shots. You only need to tell Karma how to set up the shot, and the drone takes it from there. For example, in Cable Cam mode, Karma travels along a line, back and forth; the user just needs to set points A and B. There’s an Orbit mode where Karma circles the user; Reveal mode, where the camera pitches downward and slowly tilts up to present a “reveal” of what’s ahead; and Dronie, where Karma shoots a selfie of the user..."

Although there are preset features, I do not think it will be easy for developers because it looks like it is not an open platform for development. The Best Buy - 3DR Solo bundle sale price at 399 gives the PIC more advanced capabilities.
"However, there are many new drone technologies that Karma lacks, like subject tracking, auto-follow, and object avoidance – features you can find in DJI’s Phantom 4, which also offers other advanced features and longer flight time. Update on September 22, 2016: The Karma Controller has “No-Fly Zones” info that lets you know if an area is restricted, using GPS; we originally reported incorrectly that it didn’t have such a capability.
The Karma is certainly enjoyable if you’re a first-timer or casual user (which, admittedly, I am), but advanced hobbyists and professionals may find it limiting. However, those looking for a no-brainer drone that’s capable of shooting professional-quality videos may be willing to overlook the Karma’s shortcomings.
According to Woodman, GoPro intentionally left out those features because the company doesn’t feel those advanced technologies are ready for ordinary users (we’re sure DJI would disagree). He stressed that Karma (or any GoPro product) needs to deliver a great out-of-the-box experience, and adding unreliable features may turn regular people off. He does believe that drones are very much in their infancy, so while Karma may not have those advanced features now, it’s clearly on GoPro’s roadmap. And, the GoPro name carries a lot of weight.
" Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/photography/gopro-karma-drone-hands-on/#ixzz4LHBTSaNw

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso