Best Buy Solo bundle $399

Just got off the phone with BB Custy Service. 15 day standard return period started on day of delivery, which was 10 days ago. They just credited me $100.

Wow, thanks for the idea. I did the same and they credited me the $100 difference too. So I went ahead and bought a 3rd Solo... Ok, that's it. I'm done now. No more... unless they drop the price to $299.

I know these won't last long, but at these prices, it's hardly worth buying spare motor pods or other parts.

Another way to look at it, cost averaging......;)

Exactly! I'm averaging about $700 each for the Solo/gimbals, and $60 each for 5 spare batteries. Not bad at all...

Reactions: RichWest
tha tis soo tempting though
extra battery and props too

walk away from the computer dude, walk away

Just added another fillie to the 3DR Coral.
Bestbuy stores selling sold out all over.
Asstrant helping me, said people locating $399 bundle's via smaller stores, Having them shipped to there address!
Hurry, before there out....

Came with $399 bundle
$20 TO SPEND OR 8x8 PHOTO BOOK - Shutterfly [Digital Download Add-On] ?

My sister gets those for the relatives around the holidays. You upload pictures into a book template and they send you the book.

Reactions: SteveReno
I've got too many, they keep putting the darn things on sale. Best drone for the buck (at least until the next gen arrives, ha). Just got one on the labor day sale and just got off the phone with Best Buy. They were able to give me the 100 credit on the one I just bought.
Not sure I understand the way they sell stuff. If you look at Best Buy 3DR listing, there is the same exact bundle also listed on sale for 599 today. Difference being is that the 399 bundle shows the extra items as included 'free'. If they get much cheaper we can use them for xmas stocking stuffers...

Reactions: Jonathan Miranda
Just went to best buy to pickup my 2nd solo.:D at the same time (thanks to Pushjerk for the tip) talked to the customer service lady and even when I was 1 day after the 15 day return policy(picked up the first solo on sept 7), she gave me the 100 gift card. Now my question is (and this might divert a little from this thread subject).....what should I get with those 100 dollars?
a. Another backpack (not sure I need it right away since my intent is to use one solo at the time)
b. Another battery (I have 4 total from the two bundles)
c. Put the 100 dollars towards a camera purchase (in this case which camera would you guys recommend? Something economical that I could attach to the solo to take photos @ whatever interval for mapping)

what should I get with those 100 dollars?

I'd recommend an extra battery, always nice to be able to get as much flying time as possible before having to go home and spend 1/2 a day recharging. I have 6 (will be up to 8 after the purchase today), and I can easily go through them all on one outing. Having more also lets you not sweat sucking every possible minute out of each one - which will prolong their life. I try to be back on the ground at 20% or so.

The way that everyone is clearing their shelves, anything for solo may get hard to find sometime in the near future. I would go for the backpack or a battery while they are still around and cheap. Considering the announcement of the Hero 5 the H4 should start coming down in price but still be available down the road. Right now none of us know for sure how long we will be able to buy the solo accessories and parts.

Just went to best buy to pickup my 2nd solo.:D at the same time (thanks to Pushjerk for the tip) talked to the customer service lady and even when I was 1 day after the 15 day return policy(picked up the first solo on sept 7), she gave me the 100 gift card. Now my question is (and this might divert a little from this thread subject).....what should I get with those 100 dollars?
d. Are you married? Take your wife out to dinner for being so understanding... :)

BTW, 3DR has a 30-day money back guarantee on Solo, but since BB is 15 days, you have to get an RMA from 3DR to take to BB within the 30 days... allegedly. Haven't tried.

d. Are you married? Take your wife out to dinner for being so understanding... :)

BTW, 3DR has a 30-day money back guarantee on Solo, but since BB is 15 days, you have to get an RMA from 3DR to take to BB within the 30 days... allegedly. Haven't tried.

I do have a wife and indeed she supports "almost" everything I do ;)
I like the battery idea, but at the time I would love to put a better sensor on my drone. It looks like the canon eos m10 mirrorless camera have a micro hdmi out. Is that all you'll need to have the live feed from the drone? I know I have to find another way to trigger the camera and I'm not even starting to talk about geo -tagging yet.....which should not be important to me since I want to do ground control targets and shoot then with rtk gps.

Right now none of us know for sure how long we will be able to buy the solo accessories and parts.

Exactly, which is a big part of my buying the additional units. I'd pick up a few motor pods if I saw a good price on them, but at $60 each, they're a significant percent of just getting a whole new Solo at these sale prices.

Considering the announcement of the Hero 5 the H4 should start coming down in price but still be available down the road.

Yea, I plan to pick up another Hero 4 once the 5 is out and the price drops, even if a used one from ebay, just to have a complete backup. I also plan to buy a pair of LumaCubes to experiment with night time still photography. and, if I get the nerve up, video - two Solo's with lights, the 3rd filming. Could be interesting.

I'd pick up a few motor pods if I saw a good price on them, but at $60 each, they're a significant percent of just getting a whole new Solo at these sale prices.
The motors are replaceable with aftermarket and the ESC's should last quite awhile barring an accident where they burn out. Having a few spare's is good, but it's not like if the motor goes bad you have to replace the whole thing with a brand new pod. Most likely just the motor. Not as simple as a plug and play motorpod/esc, but still doable.

Reactions: Solo Keith
so if I had bought solo during labor day which was the 5th I can get credit by calling support or chatting online? its the 23rd now does it still count? Solo arrived the 8th from mail but i picked up the accessories the 6th and 7th?
edited: called just now and waiting for my credit to be refunded back. Thanks so much for posting this and for the person who pointed out the price match, you saved me money! Ill use that money for an extra battery now lol

Last edited:
FYI - speaking of sales, I was searching DirecTV for another showing of the Drone racing nationals held recently in NY (on ESPN). The listing popped up and so did 3DR solo drone on HSN. It can be found in the on-demand listing if you have DirecTV. They were selling the package for 599. HSN is mainstream, big audience, so I wonder what effect it will have, if any...

I just bought this deal. What else should I get to compliment my purchase? Should I worry much about jumping in with my first real drone with a Solo?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig