Any idea on this bad feed?

Reaction score
My solo was working fine and mid flight the screen goes to this. I can not get it back to normal. Any idea what I should do?
765e566b6d25b501a145a3db27cd3194.jpg

Does the GoPro work ok outside of the gimbal? Pull the GoPro battery and reinsert?
Checked both ends of the HDMI cable for secure connection?

i hope someone else knows how to solve this as i am having exact same issue....with gimbal ....green screen feed like RACOON EGGS...no issue with gopro out of Solo and no issue with video on Solo without gimbal

My Gimbal appears to operate normal other than this exact same video issue...i am fairly certain it has to be the HDMI connection on mother board of Gimbal

Make sure the gopro works as intended hook it up to a tv via HDMI see if you have video feed, if you do its most likely either the gimbal or the HDMI cable inside the solo, try to hook the gopro directly to the HDMI inside solo to rule that out, if it works it could very well be the gimbal..

Reactions: RACCOON EGGS
I am getting close to a solution. This may sound very wired but take the gimbal out and plug in your gopro. Now, place your gopro directly inside the solo as if the hdmi cable is connected to the gimbal, trying to achieve the exact same bend as if it was connected to the gimbal. For me it went bad again when it was placed inside the solo mimicking the same bend as the gimbal. I repeated this multiple times with the same result. TO CONCLUDE, it is either the hdmi cable or the connection from the cable to the solo (solo link)

Last edited:
Ok quick update. I replaced the hdmi cable, solo like, and the Wi-Fi card in the drone and it now works perfectly!

was the wi-fi card bad or did you just change it just in case?
It was on the solo link so I just threw it in with it because I am lazy and did not want to open the solo up a second time. If I had to guess, I would say it was the solo link. My second guess would be the hdmi cord.

This is the weird thing I install it in a friends drone and got the problem . Camera plug directly to solo works perfect. So. It may be my gimbal but is 2nd one now looking at a 3rd one.

This is the weird thing I install it in a friends drone and got the problem . Camera plug directly to solo works perfect. So. It may be my gimbal but is 2nd one now looking at a 3rd one.
Are you talking about the gimbal? I am having a hard time following what you are saying.

Are you talking about the gimbal? I am having a hard time following what you are saying.
Sorry about that yes I was speaking of the gimbal I install it into a friend of mine's drone with my camera and the same issue but when installing it directly to the Drone HDMI cable the picture is clear I connected the hero to my TV and it works fine also so I'm thinking it may be gimbal even though this will be the third try. I haven't had any problems with losing signal from my wifi I can easily reach 3000 ft without a problem.

Sorry about that yes I was speaking of the gimbal I install it into a friend of mine's drone with my camera and the same issue but when installing it directly to the Drone HDMI cable the picture is clear I connected the hero to my TV and it works fine also so I'm thinking it may be gimbal even though this will be the third try. I haven't had any problems with losing signal from my wifi I can easily reach 3000 ft without a problem.
Have you tried placing the gopro inside the drone like I am talking about on post 8?

I tried that right after you posted it. Never cutout picture stay clean a clear.
Ok. If it wouldn't be to big of an inconvenience to you, would you put it in like I was saying and tape it on and fly it around a bit. It is good just to be sure so you know you are not going out and spending $160 to have it be something else wrong with it, although it does sound like a gimbal problem.

Ok. If it wouldn't be to big of an inconvenience to you, would you put it in like I was saying and tape it on and fly it around a bit. It is good just to be sure so you know you are not going out and spending $160 to have it be something else wrong with it, although it does sound like a gimbal problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso