Any cameras used other than a GoPro?

Reaction score
just bought my SOLO this weekend, and did some playing around - having some trouble with the camera connection showing on my phone screen, but I did get that to work somewhat - I use it in Camera mode on my GoPro and the picture comes across, but I dont think that is completely correct

I was just wondering if anyone uses a camera other than a GoPro on their Solo? or is GoPro pretty much the only way to go

Welcome Bogey!

GoPro is the only camera that will fit the gimbal. There are a number of threads here about people experimenting with other cameras.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by using it in camera mode.

so I was having trouble with viewing the camera on my phone in the app - I read a lot of threads, so that seems to happen - the only way I could get the screen to show on my phone was to put my GoPro in Camera mode, where it would take pictures as opposed to video, then I could record video on my phone
I am sure that is not correct but it was all I could get to work and i was tired of messing with it

I would love to get the Sony UMC-R10C that 3dr says it will use for site scan, or something like it. Has anyone seen such a thing other than on the 3dr site?

I Was using a Garmin Virb. Not Mounted to Gimbal but mounted on basic GOPRO mount.
It would broadcast video via remote to Android device. I mostly used it on Timelaps where it would send a photo every x seconds depending on the garmin setting. Without Gimbal, GOPRO or any other camera there is no operation via remote so you set up camera and launch drone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado