3DR will not replace GoPros any more, its official

i would be surprised if the australian laws on consumer warranties would allow such nondescript and vague warranty terms when it comes to third party products sold as a product made specifically to work with a third party product. many overseas companies have found it to be exceedingly difficult to win in any legislative sense, as opposed to a PR and marketing sense, if they go back against their warranties here. anyway, it all counts for nothing, if 3DR were to be unable to be legally allowed to sell their products in australia if that is what happens after the 14th of this month. it would be a shame. as far as the go pro 4 goes, i agree its best to stock up on a couple while they are still available...
They can file for bankruptcy and then you will be in even worse situation. No more warranty works on Solo.

I have a question, do you contend that it's 3DR's fault you crashed your drone? I'm just wondering why anyone would expect them to replace their go Pro after a crash?

I have a question, do you contend that it's 3DR's fault you crashed your drone? I'm just wondering why anyone would expect them to replace their go Pro after a crash?
Because 3DR stated they'd replace GoPro damaged in a crash not caused by pilot error - and have done so many times.

I didn't crash my drone, there was an ESC failure and it crashed itself, ergo warranty kicks in due to hardware failure maybe as a result of faulty manufacturing (it happens you know) so yea, 3DR are responsible!

I didn't crash my drone, there was an ESC failure and it crashed itself, ergo warranty kicks in due to hardware failure maybe as a result of faulty manufacturing (it happens you know) so yea, 3DR are responsible!
Aha! Okay, I didn't mean to offend. Was just wondering what was going on.

Because 3DR stated they'd replace GoPro damaged in a crash not caused by pilot error - and have done so many times.
Yea sorry, from his original post, I didn't see that the crash was caused by the equipment. My fault.

Hi DM,

I am trying to get in touch with Vu to sort out a warranty issue. I noticed for your post that maybe you have been in contact with him via FB ?

"Just got this from Vu Tran via FB"

Any hints on how to get hold of him ?

Thanks,
Jag

Hi DM,

I am trying to get in touch with Vu to sort out a warranty issue. I noticed for your post that maybe you have been in contact with him via FB ?

"Just got this from Vu Tran via FB"

Any hints on how to get hold of him ?

Thanks,
Jag
I have no direct contact details to provide you. He contacted me through the '3DR Solo Users Group' via Fb. I suggest you ask to join if you want to try and get his attention.

Vu and many of the 3DR team past and present hang out on the FB page.
3DRs decision to stop covering the camera is justified given the state of the company, and well the state of gopro as well. they are circling the drain too. Would not be surprised if they don't go under after Karma crash
DJI has for the most part ran everyone out of the consumer market.
But that may be their own undoing, along with growing regulations on the industry.
The future of drones is commercial, the fad is wearing off.
As for solo owners, the real future for solo has nada to do with 3Dr or Gopro.
The solo is slowly retrograding to a community supported bird.
If DIY or open source is not your bag, then grab a phantom and pray it doesn't crash. DJI has even less incentive to support their customer base now.

Now if you happen to like DIY and open source tinkering

things are looking pretty interesting
we have a company working on a new frame for the solo brains to fit bigger motors and props
New upgraded flight controller with heated IMUS that supports RTK GPS
Ardupilot master is underway

Reactions: SARDG
Vu and many of the 3DR team past and present hang out on the FB page.
3DRs decision to stop covering the camera is justified given the state of the company, and well the state of gopro as well. they are circling the drain too. Would not be surprised if they don't go under after Karma crash
DJI has for the most part ran everyone out of the consumer market.
But that may be their own undoing, along with growing regulations on the industry.
The future of drones is commercial, the fad is wearing off.
As for solo owners, the real future for solo has nada to do with 3Dr or Gopro.
The solo is slowly retrograding to a community supported bird.
If DIY or open source is not your bag, then grab a phantom and pray it doesn't crash. DJI has even less incentive to support their customer base now.

Now if you happen to like DIY and open source tinkering

things are looking pretty interesting
we have a company working on a new frame for the solo brains to fit bigger motors and props
New upgraded flight controller with heated IMUS that supports RTK GPS
Ardupilot master is underway
Personally... I think this is about the best summary of events and "State of the Solo" that I have seen in a while. When the next poster gets on here and talks about "making a mistake by purchasing", "should I return it?", "is 3DR going out of business?", is Solo a good drone?", etc, etc.I think I'll simply refer folks to that post so that they can see what Solo and GoPro are currently about.

Reactions: pyrate

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M