3DR will not replace GoPros any more, its official

Where did I imply Best Buy is responsible for 3DR gliches/defects?
I am suggesting they can easily order a dozen or two of Hero4's from the $100M they raised or the $1400 many of us paid for their $700-BoM bird.

It's only because of the integrity of Chris Anderson that there remains any sort of warranty.. The company could have failed for bankruptcy protection. You whiners could have been eating your broken Solos.. Solo salad. The legs taste just like chicken. (chicken from an atomic bomb test site)

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Where did I imply Best Buy is responsible for 3DR gliches/defects?
I am suggesting they can easily order a dozen or two of Hero4's from the $100M they raised or the $1400 many of us paid for their $700-BoM bird.

I wasn't implying that. I do know you can often return defective products in store at Best Buy if you bought it there after the return period. If the quad didn't show "accidental" damage they probably could process a return in store although expensive items often goto their service center (I doubt drones do). It sounded like you suggested 3DR had a deal with Best Buy to accept drones deemed defective.

Are you saying if I break my drone and 3DR says it was a product defect, they will refer me to BestBuy to get my money back? And Best Buy will do this without needing any proof?

I doubt it. What you'll get is a refurbished replacement drone direct form 3DR. But don't expect your camera to be replaced. The link on their website directs you to purchase a new one from Best Buy...

It's only because of the integrity of Chris Anderson that there remains any sort of warranty.. The company could have failed for bankruptcy protection. You whiners could have been eating your broken Solos.. Solo salad. The legs taste just like chicken. (chicken from an atomic bomb test site)
HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Wait, you don't actually believe that, do you??

keep in mind it has now been a full 12 days that 3DR have been disallowed to sell their solo in australia. It stands to reason that there must be a serious issue somewhere along the line, whether it be compliance to australian standards or some sort of legal problem with their offering. go pros other than 5 are still plentiful supply here in camera shops everywhere, and the black version is still priced higher than the new 5 in a lot of cases. I would suggest that any direction away from the original warranty would be deemed a breach and treated accordingly under australian consumer law, most of which was written by left-wing lawyers in order to nanny the buying public in cotton wool. 3DR better keep on their toes.

HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Wait, you don't actually believe that, do you??
Of course, i'm funnin about the legs. But with regards to the warranty being honored. Its a no brainer how that company could have gotten out of that. Many, many ways...right off the top of my head is bankruptcy protection.
One has to ask, "Why didn't they file for bankruptcy protection? and then... if you say, "Well, it was to continue 3DR as a software company." Then the question stares us in the face...They could have bailed on the debt, bailed on the warranty. But .....so who make those decisions? There ya go...

Just got this from Vu Tran via FB:

So it's official, take care of your GoPros folks, they will NOT replace them!

Hi David, I'm very sorry that we're in this predicament. Unfortunately, there are several factors that have eliminated our ability to replace GoPros. Using 3rd party cameras, we knew that this day would come eventually, but I did not expect it to come this quickly. The issue is that we can no longer purchase any directly from GoPro. There is no more supply in their distribution channel world wide. While you're correct that there are other single units or small batches here and there, we cannot go that route

The warranty on Solo specifically stated that we only cover 3DR items. I will be issuing a formal statement regarding GoPro replacement in the next few days. Again, I am very sorry that things have turned out this way and all the trouble we have caused you.

I was just glinging onto hope, ignoring the hidden messages. This will surly impact on Solos value again. Ive been trying hard to avoid the thought of selling, but see no alternative to replacing my GoPro now. I used it for other activities too!

But you didn't know that officially, surely?
No but common sense supported your initial response from 3DR
is just bad luck man
Officially? Maybe not… but on Nov 4th the common sense writing was on the wall and I was calling GoPros ‘NOS’ (New Old Stock) as I was quite certain GP had quit manufacturing them.
3DRsolo is it worth it???

Then on Nov 25th I reiterated that they were not being made any longer.
Solex App for Android

@TheBasicPilot tried to explain this as well, but some forum members weren’t having any of it…
Worth buying now 3DR are not making the drone

My solution to keep flying the system I like is to have backup… 4-Solos, 5 -gimbals, 6-GoPros (3-GPH3+B, 3-GPH4B – one with Peau lens). I might be dead before I get through all that.

Officially? Maybe not… but on Nov 4th the common sense writing was on the wall and I was calling GoPros ‘NOS’ (New Old Stock) as I was quite certain GP had quit manufacturing them.
3DRsolo is it worth it???

Then on Nov 25th I reiterated that they were not being made any longer.
Solex App for Android

@TheBasicPilot tried to explain this as well, but some forum members weren’t having any of it…
Worth buying now 3DR are not making the drone

My solution to keep flying the system I like is to have backup… 4-Solos, 5 -gimbals, 6-GoPros (3-GPH3+B, 3-GPH4B – one with Peau lens). I might be dead before I get through all that.
Well, you obviously have money to spend considering all the equipment you have. I wish i could but I can't. I looked after my GoPro very carefully knowing I couldn't afford another one. Then I get a Solo and it's destroyed as a result of an error during a flight. I felt comforted with 3DRs policy to replace the camera, what I fool I was!

Last edited:
Well, you obviously have money to spend considering all the equipment you have. I wish i could but I can't... ...I felt comforted with 3DRs policy to replace the camera...
Well, Oz pricing is something different from USA pricing, and when I bought my Solos, that GP replacement policy was 3DR's promise as well. I'm just lucky that I didn't have to take them up on it... and now of course, I can't.

At some point, there won't be warranty replacement Solos either. In a perfect world that will be at least 1 year past the last retail Solo sale. In the real world...??

this announcement deserves a #praiseAnderson
from here on out that official statement made by Colin is now a lie..but i guess it doesn't matter since he's no longer the face of 3DR.

It would have been nice to have had an official announcement from 3DR prior to all this; it really doesn't take much effort. But oh yea, consumers no longer matter do they!! now they have switched their business plan.. I wonder how open they are to their bushiness customers!!

Last edited:
If every company of every item any of us purchased with any warranty policy made an announcement regarding this sort of change, our email would be absolutely flooded.

Who said anything about emails!? An announcement on their website would suffice! When terms and conditions (which you can argue is similar to a warrantee to some degree) change for a company like Apple, Microsoft, Twitter, Facebook Adobe, Dropbox ect.. They notify their customers of the change via their websites. With 3DR, nothing, nadia, zip, not a thing! In fact their website still suggests they'll replace your GoPro! They expect you to figure it out yourself!! It's not as if the company no longer exists! And will disappear anytime soon considering their focus is now toward the business market! It is poorly handled.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44