3DR Solo: Past, Present and Future

Customer service is still there
send a log from the app, then follow up with a Chat on Monday
they are still replacing defective hardware from all cases I have seen

I wanted to get a good idea how long a battery lasts, so I did a auto lift off and let it hover at about 6ft with the timer running to see how long it would go before hitting 10% and auto land. Absolutely no issue during that hover battery test. But then this afternoon went to get another quick flight in at lunch and boom, like a Blue Screen of Death. Calibration error. I research the forum here and tried all the various ideas, Reset drone and controller to factory and then pair them back together and loaded the update from the app. Still got error, Tried cycling power several times, tried doing the level calibration many times but each time it would fail. The compass calibration worked though. I see that most of the threads in this forum on the calibration error end up sending into 3DR but I can not imagine what support would be like these days since they are no longer in the consumer drone market. Curious, since this drone is modular, what could be replaced by me to fix this issue? I am thinking of exchanging it for another one thru Amazon but then thought what if this happens again after the 30 day return period on Amazon. Do I try and get help from 3DR or do I look to just make mods and replace boards after that point?
Hover is not a great way to determine battery / flight time. As far as the calibration .error absolutly contact 3DR for that. None of the mods mentioned take care of that issue other than ,maybe the Pixhawk 2.1 (which has not been delivered yet)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44