3DR Solo: Past, Present and Future

Thanks from a new Solo from BB owner awaiting shipment. Very informative.
Welcome aboard, 3wood. While you are awaiting your delivery, keep reading the forum, and make sure to download the Solo manual. By doing so, you will be way ahead of the curve when you finally receive your Solo. Good luck to you.

Reactions: 3wood
Great video, and very informative for new Solo owners like myself. Thank you!

My Latest Video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Nice Video and makes feel a little better after spending so much... What about parts such as motors. If Mine go out where can I get replacements???

Other than the GPS issues, I believe the beginners still can get great experiences with all stock components.

As for gps, with stock gps and no mod, when firing up Solo the first time, find a wide open space, let Solo wait for few more minutes because Solo needs to acquire the GPS info and fills it's memory. Once the GPS is stored, sequence start will be shorter.

One of the more fun and entertaining things I have done this morning!
The video went perfect with my big cup o' coffee. Thanks for making AND posting it. Nice job..

Reactions: TheBasicPilot
My question is why should we have to pay for the new improved gps. This doesn't sound ethical to me.
Remember, these upgrade gps units are from 3rd party vendors, not 3DR. They deserve compensation for their development and testing of a better product for us.

I wish the controller & iMX6 computer software were open source too.
And I do not see any reason to replace the Pixhawk cube that's already inside, the standard AC should be able to run on it just fine. (it needs battery monitoring over I2C , but that's open)

Remember, these upgrade gps units are from 3rd party vendors, not 3DR. They deserve compensation for their development and testing of a better product for us.

I had a brain fart. Thought it was 3dr that made it. But 3dr makes the new gps shield and charges $30 for what feels like rubber. They really shouldn't charge that much for their mistake.

I had a brain fart. Thought it was 3dr that made it. But 3dr makes the new gps shield and charges $30 for what feels like rubber. They really shouldn't charge that much for their mistake.
The shield is something designed to help the stock gps, and almost everyone on here who has installed it says it makes a world of difference. Well worth the $30. On the flip side, there are several on here who have flown with the stock gps, along with the original copper shield, with no problems at all, and have done so from the beginning. So I don't think the new shield was made to fix a mistake, but rather to just make it better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela