3DR SOLO LIVES ON!!!

Then tell me how you do your cost estimate. Don't tell me you sum up each component using part pricing from 3dr or from eBay/Amazon.
There have been several interviews with key 3DR employees, such as the one in Forbes, that detail cost of manufacture both for the drone as a standalone unit and the gimbal as a problem child left in the barn after the horse left.
At the very best 3DR was barely costs... which is one reason we're having this conversation.

then how do you rationalize the dji P3S, wechat and xiaomi quad?

BTW, beside you, how many DIY folk use Forbes to price their parts?
There are people roaming this virtual forum that know far more about 3DR than I do, you do, and anyone out of 3DR itself does - and making a jackass of yourself by insulting them doesn't really accomplish much.

I've got no dog in the fight. Even if it cost 100$ for 3DR to build the Solo, I feel like I got a great deal on my Solo at 379$. When I see the price of Parrot batteries in Walmart for 50$, I think I'm doing OK with 50$ 3DR batteries, 5$ prop sets, ect. I am not brand loyal, and if the price is right I would buy a DJI Phantom and Mavic, a Parrot, a Karma, and a few more if the prices keep heading south. So really, I hope that the prices continue to fall.

As I said, the 3DR handling of manufacturing will be the prime example how to fumble for future business textbook.

How many still use 3DR cost deck for cost quote a new Solo?

As I said, the 3DR handling of manufacturing will be the prime example how to fumble for future business textbook.

That makes no sense.

Reactions: SARDG

I use Bestbuy to quote my cost for a new Solo. While I was just doing it, I bought two more batteries for my Solo at $50 each. I looked at the cost of the Phantom 3 battery, it was $132.99 each. Again, 3DR's "failure" is good for me!

That makes no sense.
I said, if you are using the 3dr cost, there will be no more Solo. However, if you are using today's cost, you can have a healthy margin pricing the new Solo @499.

In other words, for the "Solo" 2, one must use more cost effective manufacturer to get the job done.

I said, if you are using the 3dr cost, there will be no more Solo. However, if you are using today's cost, you can have a healthy margin pricing the new Solo @499.

In other words, for the "Solo" 2, one must use more cost effective manufacturer to get the job done.
There will be no Solo 2.
3DR is not making a Solo 2.
3DR isn't making any more Solo ones.
3DR isn't making any more consumer drones. They said so. Look it up.
I haven't seen any new Edsels for sale lately.
Good Lord, why do people insist on not only beating a dead horse but absolutely shredding the poor thing.
This is a forum for Solo enthusiasts. Although Solo isn't being produced anymore we will do our best to ensure that it will nevertheless live long and semi-prosper. But the stock there is - right now, as we speak - all there will ever be.
No more parts made by 3DR. Likely not many software updates either but we'll wait and see.
Instead of trying to assign blame on who did what to screw things up, can't we simply keep innovating - indeed making Solo better than 3DR ever really intended - and skip the sarcastic, snide, and generally hostile attitudes?
For crying out loud.

There will be no Solo 2.
3DR is not making a Solo 2.
3DR isn't making any more Solo ones.
3DR isn't making any more consumer drones. They said so. Look it up.
I haven't seen any new Edsels for sale lately.
Good Lord, why do people insist on not only beating a dead horse but absolutely shredding the poor thing.
This is a forum for Solo enthusiasts. Although Solo isn't being produced anymore we will do our best to ensure that it will nevertheless live long and semi-prosper. But the stock there is - right now, as we speak - all there will ever be.
No more parts made by 3DR. Likely not many software updates either but we'll wait and see.
Instead of trying to assign blame on who did what to screw things up, can't we simply keep innovating - indeed making Solo better than 3DR ever really intended - and skip the sarcastic, snide, and generally hostile attitudes?
For crying out loud.

Debating some people is like debating Trump supporters. Just one example, nobody, probably even 3DR-insiders can predict the future with perfect accuracy and know what the ultimate fate of the Solo will be.

Can't resist - another thing. That Forbes semi hit-piece quote of $750/unit manufacturing price could easily be misleading. It really depends on how it's costed out in the accounting books. My guess is the Forbes writer cherry-picked a high price, but I admit I don't actually know either way.

In the end, no matter what the market segment is moving so fast that in a year or two the Solo will be obsolete, so it doesn't really matter how much hot air is blown in either direction.

My final analysis is that the future of 3DR (and the Solo product line) is uncertain, the BestBuy price is an amazing bargain, we all (or most) Solo owners wish the best for 3DR & Solo, and we should help each other out with real issues or just go out and fly rather than blowing smoke debating straw-man issues.

Reactions: timzee
The idea that the future of Solo - the "as manufactured by 3DR" Solo - is "uncertain" is the same as...
Well, using such logic, it's also uncertain whether Orville Wright will participate in the 2017 Dayton International Air Show.
Guess we'll have to wait and see.

for god's sake,I did not say 3DR is going to make more Solo or Solo 2. I said some other vendors will make a "Solo" 2 at cost in step of current market can afford.

Debating some people is like debating Trump supporters. Just one example, nobody, probably even 3DR-insiders can predict the future with perfect accuracy and know what the ultimate fate of the Solo will be.

Can't resist - another thing. That Forbes semi hit-piece quote of $750/unit manufacturing price could easily be misleading. It really depends on how it's costed out in the accounting books. My guess is the Forbes writer cherry-picked a high price, but I admit I don't actually know either way.

In the end, no matter what the market segment is moving so fast that in a year or two the Solo will be obsolete, so it doesn't really matter how much hot air is blown in either direction.

My final analysis is that the future of 3DR (and the Solo product line) is uncertain, the BestBuy price is an amazing bargain, we all (or most) Solo owners wish the best for 3DR & Solo, and we should help each other out with real issues or just go out and fly rather than blowing smoke debating straw-man issues.
Or believing Hillary never lies

The reason I'm stressing this is simply because there are a whole whole lot of new Solo owners out there right now. I understand the urge to grasp at straws hoping Solo is a Phoenix when you've just shelled out what to you is a lot of cash, but starting out with your new drone with a fundamental misunderstanding of its manufacturer's health is a pretty bad idea.

Reactions: erikgraham
The reason I'm stressing this is simply because there are a whole whole lot of new Solo owners out there right now. I understand the urge to grasp at straws hoping Solo is a Phoenix when you've just shelled out what to you is a lot of cash, but starting out with your new drone with a fundamental misunderstanding of its manufacturer's health is a pretty bad idea.
Would you believe several parties are watching this inventory reduction sales with different agenda. No doubt, majority are just looking for a good deal, but several are watching how the market react to the sales before finalizing their business proposal. Just keep your fingers crossed the Phoenix flex the wings. .

Reactions: SirCrashAlot
Would you believe several parties are watching this inventory reduction sales with different agenda. No doubt, majority are just looking for a good deal, but several are watching how the market react to the sales before finalizing their business proposal. Just keep your fingers crossed the Phoenix flex the wings. .

Good point. Keys are price & suitability to application. Should be interesting to see when they sell out.

If DJI adds smart shots..... they would have the perfect multi-rotor platform.

3DR Solo Smart shots is the best advantage Solo has against all other drone makers too bad they did not capitalize on that advantage.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
beautiful work. well done.

The smart shot was made possible by its computing resources in the radio which is still ahead of the curve. That said, the other vendors can do the same if they open up the SDK.

If DJI adds smart shots..... they would have the perfect multi-rotor platform.
If DJl could have smart shots they would already be available. No processing power, 100% dependency on the connected smart device.... Open SDK and reveal all the Open source code used.....bad juju....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44