Xiaomi Yi on Solo Gimbal

Reaction score
Hey Solo forum,

I am planning to buy the Solo during black friday in bestbuy, its $350 with gimbal, extra battery, and extra propeller, which I think is a pretty good deal. But the only action camera that I have is the Xiaomi Yi and from what I read people is using the Feiyu gimbal to hold their Yi. Is it possible to use the Solo gimbal for the Yi because I don't want to spend a few hundred dollars more on a GoPro or a Feiyu gimbal.

Thanks in advance

you can fit the Yi camera into the gimbal, but you can't use the radio to control the camera. you have to start the video or photo before it takes off. however, you can see the image in your mobile device.

you can fit the Yi camera into the gimbal, but you can't use the radio to control the camera. you have to start the video or photo before it takes off. however, you can see the image in your mobile device.
But can I still control the gimbal with the remote control?

you plug the gimbal hdmi connector to yi hdmi port, turn the cam on, I believe you have to set the video out on

you plug the gimbal hdmi connector to yi hdmi port, turn the cam on, I believe you have to set the video out on
When i saw the gimbal on google image, it looks like the only port is a micro usb and a proprietary connector of the Gopro, is there actually a hdmi port or should I buy a converter from gopro display connector to hdmi?

I see, but the Yi hdmi connector is in the back and the gimbal hdmi is in the side, is it possible to reroute the cable?
I think it is cheaper to get another camera than the risk of damaging the gimbal. I used a 4k GoPro knockoff for $40 from Banggood, it works fine without changing the gimbal cable. I also have a refurbished hero4 black from eBay for $250.

I think it is cheaper to get another camera than the risk of damaging the gimbal. I used a 4k GoPro knockoff for $40 from Banggood, it works fine without changing the gimbal cable. I also have a refurbished hero4 black from eBay for $250.
Can I get the link of the 4k knockoff camera? Thanks

yt lee, I have the same camera but it doesn't fit well in the gimbal mount and I believe the hdmi is backwards. Could you post a picture of your setup?

the knockoff doesn't have the same dimensions and weight as hero4, it doesn't fit in the gimbal mount well. I use the stock mount without the gimbal, and point the camera straight down for doing mapping. For mapping photo, gimbal is not required..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc