Wind speed on new app is WRONG

The app says 1.8 mph. Flags are flapping, bushes are rustling and trees are swaying

Screens hot of app has too big a file size

Reactions: JOHN CUERVO
It's not like the app has a wind sensor, or licks a software finger and sticks it into the air, it just uses some online weather database to check the conditions in your area.

I realism that. But my "drone" app gets it right. So what database is the Solo app using? Why is it saying 1.8 we the wind is at 9 mph?

Mine is telling me the temp. is 99 degrees. Right now it's 81.......go figure. It's not using the service that is on my tablet.

Same here on temp bit it's 93 here. Went 100 miles and still have same data.

I use the "hover" app for android. Has a good amount of info.
1. Timer (unnecessary)
2. The wind speed graph I posted
3. Sat map w/ no fly zones

The wind speed will show go fly, caution and danger. It also cross references the geofencing in that annotation so if you have awesome weather but in a restricted area it says don't fly

likely information from the nearest airport or weatherstation, but it should be more localized if you moved 100 miles... does your tablet/phone have a live data connection or is it using old data

I find the most accurate judge of local weather is ... me.

My technique is this: I open my eyes and look for storm clouds in the sky. To judge wind I look at nearby foliage. I have sensors all over my skin that are very good at detecting heat.

I find the most accurate judge of local weather is ... me.

My technique is this: I open my eyes and look for storm clouds in the sky. To judge wind I look at nearby foliage. I have sensors all over my skin that are very good at detecting heat.

LMAO!

I never realized the benefit wind speed/direction, temp and time of day could have for in app convenience. Like Earl, I look at the surroundings and judge if it is safe to fly. Then I realized it could/would be added to the log file to help determine other factors affecting a malfunction...or user crash.

More relevant data gives engineers a bigger picture to what causes a particular type of failure...the environment.

I drive a semi and try to take advantage of stops. When rolling along at 70 mph, I can't get an accurate visual on wind conditions by looking at foliage or even flags. Different sizes and materials of flags make them lighter or heavier as well as more or less susceptible to wind. Because of this, when I am a ways out from a potential flying spot I begin checking wind conditions. I see if they are within limits to start with and watch trends. Then, when 1 mile out I make my decision whether to stop or to continue on. This allows for maximum flights with minimum wasted time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44