wifi range interferance

Reaction score
In the winter down the shore I got an impressive 8000 ft before I chickened out and sent the bird home I was using the fplvr antennas.Now down the shore I am lucky to get 1700 ft is this do to the all the people using wifi?I also have the mro gps card installed.

Hard to say- did you check the KP index? Might be a leaky muffler bearing which is venting thrust away from the motors.

What range are you getting in different locations? 8000 feet to 1700 is a big change, is there the possibility that a local resident may have started using something that's causing interference between now and last winter?

Also, I believe humidity effects radio range to some degree - all the water molecules in the air will scatter and absorb the radio waves. In the winter, the humidity level is generally lower.

In the winter down the shore I got an impressive 8000 ft before I chickened out and sent the bird home I was using the fplvr antennas.Now down the shore I am lucky to get 1700 ft is this do to the all the people using wifi?I also have the mro gps card installed.

Local WiFi will definitely reduce range, but that is a significant difference. Be sure your GoPro has WiFi turned off. As what what already said, moisture in the air will also reduce the range.
GPS performance has nothing to do with the range of your controller, with the exception that I'd be very uncomfortable testing max range without solid RTH confidence.

SAY WHAT? Can you bring that language down to amateur idiot level?
The KP index is a measure of sunspot activity that can affect things like wifi on Earth. There are several apps that show it.
The muffler bearing is an old joke- didn't mean to confuse you.

The KP index is a measure of sunspot activity that can affect things like wifi on Earth. There are several apps that show it.
The muffler bearing is an old joke- didn't mean to confuse you.
@Maddog your a kick! I change my muffler bearings every 5000 miles!

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig