Why no sample gimbal footage yet?

Reaction score
The solo is weeks away from being launched and 3DR is not leaking much sample video. This thing looks amazing on paper. I hope it lives up to the hype.

Any thoughts on why we haven't seen much in the way of sample footage?

There's been bits and pieces but nothing in 4k. One of the 3DR staff did an Instagram showing recording taking place including some jeeps jumping over sand dunes, so they're on with something.

Reactions: Hayabusadrew
There's been bits and pieces but nothing in 4k. One of the 3DR staff did an Instagram showing recording taking place including some jeeps jumping over sand dunes, so they're on with something.

I would think by now they would have plenty of stuff to show. It makes me wonder if the gimbal is having issues.

There was footage from Manhattan in a review in the last week the gimbal performed fine in that, the footage was only 720p low bitrate though. Only one shot had any vibration on.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We just need to see some 4K shots and preferably in varying conditions.

There was footage from Manhattan in a review in the last week the gimbal performed fine in that, the footage was only 720p low bitrate though. Only one shot had any vibration on.

We just need to see some 4K shots and preferably in varying conditions.

the last shot in there is the only shot where the gimbal looked completely smooth. I'm hoping that they iron out all the kinks. I've see footage from the inspire where it looks like it's on a tripod. Call me greedy but that's what I'm hoping for :)

This is a single operator copter doing a pan and a tilt simultaneously, you simply can't do that kind of move on a standard 3 axis gimbal (not without retracts and a second operator), there's no jello (which is the most important factor) and it was in the hands of a novice operator, so I'm fairly confident, especially with Guinn knowing his video that once we get our hands on the Solo it's be producing some great videos.

I own a Phantom 3 Pro, but I'm keeping my eye on 3DR. Always great to see innovation and competition.

But I'm in the same boat - I am so curious to see some footage not only from 3DR but also when in the hands of folks like you guys.

I have to admit, my expectations are high. I keep going back to this video which blows me away. There is no counterweight on the stick so the Phantom is not only auto-compensating for the lopsided balance but also taking amazing video.:

I'm not looking for off-balance demo of the 3DR like the video above, but I have some high expectations from the Solo given what I've seen elsewhere.

Last edited:
Agree considering it was carrying that additional payload.

Just got word earlier today that there is going to be a delay in the release of the Solo. Gimbal only one of the problems. They would not say whether the delay was 1 week, 4 weeks or longer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo