who is Unhappy

I like mine and oddly enough I trust it a lot. It can be scary waiting for it to come home when you're a couple miles out but it always comes back. My biggest fear, and it would be this way with any multi rotor is a failed motor or ESC.

The gimbal is the must have accessory though. Hopefully in the next week or so we see it become available.

I think you're right about the state of the drone art. Most do not work as advertised. The RC world has moved slightly out of the kit level to working out of the box. The manufactures are struggling with quality control and pleasing users who do not own a soldering gun. Like me.

Love mine, absolutely zero issues since day 1 and it looks way better than the Phantom
Only issue is not having the gimbal and now GoPro is releasing the Hero5 that is considerably lighter and smaller, will it fit in the gimbal when it finally arrives or will we just have to continue to use the Hero4?
Colin and 3DR worked closely with this drone specifically for GP Cameras and now GoPro will be releasing their own drone at the end of the year, will definitely be keeping my eyes on that!!
And 1 more thing 3DR, when are we getting our Lanyards :)

I flew my Solo for the first time in a couple of weeks, this afternoon. It IS fun to fly, and comparing handling characteristics to the white thing I've been using the past couple of weeks was interesting.

Range is still an issue, but I was using the stock antennae rather than the fpvlr. I still don't know if I'll ever feel comfortable flying the Solo in a congested area, because of the low number of satellites I typically obtain.

i never own a solo because im part of asia and the shipping not yet available im my country but i have more patience to get a solo soon.

So far I've flown 4 full batteries worth and no issues at all. Been having a great experience with it. Had the Ghost Drone (my first quad) and that was a piece of junk.

Hey TomWolves, why haven't commented/reply to any of these comments? Guess you just wanted to hear the bad ones? Not too many so far...
Hey Steve, I don't stay on the computer all day. I just wanted to know how many Solo owners were happy or not happy with their UAV's (I don't call them drones) .There is a article on "Drone Flyers" about how 3DR Solo's are a No Go for now, "3DRobotics Solo is a NoGo – 3DR Solo First Look". I wanted to purchase one so I want to see what the people say that who own them is all. I have a Phantom2 Vision Plus and a Phantom 3 Advanced. I made up my mine, I am going to build my own quadcopter (UAV), but by the posts that I have received it looks like most are satisfied, and that is good. DJI promise's all kinds of things too for their Phantoms and don't come through either example Waypoints, and POI (point of Interest). In my own personal opinion 3DR is a good company and mean well, I think eventually they will get it together. Steve here is the link to Drone Flyers and the article that I read, it is interesting. http://www.droneflyers.com/

Enough - I'm out. Good luck everyone.

Sent the following to the multiple support e-mail responses that I've received so far...

" Please cancel this entire order and refund the amount already charged to my credit card.

I am going to notify my card company to reverse the charge on my credit card.

Regards,

Steven J. Ackerman "

Mine has been absolutely flawless. Does everything well. Plenty of performance available when you think you are capable of handling it. (Think 600hp Challenger). Tower missions are a joy to watch SOLO perform. If you want extraordinary range, 2 miles and further you should be looking at something else. However, if you are like a lot of us, that's not really important as we like to watch what we're doing. Go fly like the other guys say. One more thing, The Title "Who is UN happy seems to be begging for negative posts. Maybe something like "How have your experiences been so far?" Or maybe " Hasn't anyone had a flyaway?" As far as I can tell the answer would be "0" at this point. Anyway, it has been a great experience and I expect it will keep getting better and better.

Reactions: Jubalr and prowler9
Hey guys & Dolls, I would like to know the numbers of who is unhappy with their 3DR Solo's, well, and how many are happy too I guess. I was going to purchase one BUT, I heard they (3DR) flunk the satisfaction category.How many of you have your gimbals? Thanks a million.
TW

Was pretty satisfied initially, but now completely disappointed. Had pretty good performance until some kind of internal wiring issue grounded me (first RMA). Got it back 2 weeks later, but immediately started having calibration errors (however, after a few power cycles, it would eventually fly). Took it out the other day, got the usual calibration errors, then nothing. The controller refuses to pair with the Solo (have tried every remedy available to me). Contacted tech support and was told they would get back to me in 3 days, ugh! So I'm probably looking at another RMA. I get it that new products are not without glitches, and I also get it that some users have had zero issues - but if you look around the boards, the problems people are having are legion and not all self inflicted. I've been extremely conservative in my learning curve and have still had serious, grounding problems. It will probably be fixed, but the real question is confidence, right now, I have next to zero confidence that this product will perform as advertised. Hopefully they get it right this time.

Hey Steve, I don't stay on the computer all day. I just wanted to know how many Solo owners were happy or not happy with their UAV's (I don't call them drones) .There is a article on "Drone Flyers" about how 3DR Solo's are a No Go for now, "3DRobotics Solo is a NoGo – 3DR Solo First Look". I wanted to purchase one so I want to see what the people say that who own them is all. I have a Phantom2 Vision Plus and a Phantom 3 Advanced. I made up my mine, I am going to build my own quadcopter (UAV), but by the posts that I have received it looks like most are satisfied, and that is good. DJI promise's all kinds of things too for their Phantoms and don't come through either example Waypoints, and POI (point of Interest). In my own personal opinion 3DR is a good company and mean well, I think eventually they will get it together. Steve here is the link to Drone Flyers and the article that I read, it is interesting. http://www.droneflyers.com/

I just felt you asked a important question & not really interested in people that are happy/satisfied , as far as i can tell I'm the only one you replied to among 29 HAPPY respondents to that loaded question of your. I would like to tell all the people that posted, thanks. It was nice reading what you all had to post..

I think you want to stir up something with your question "how many people UN-HAPPY" you all so asked how many got gimbals? you been a member since Jun 23, 2015, & you don't already know that NO one here got the gimbals yet, why ask that question? when you already know the answer?
as to that web link you sent.

Here;s a web link:
http://www.3drpilots.com/threads/ex...aganda-a-disservice-to-the-uav-community.938/

You get what you pay for, you buy cheap, you get cheap.
I would not buy a DFI product, case many reasons, Bad customer relation, BBB has many complaints listed.

Might have been a loaded question but results will be skewed as many of the unhappy are not here anymore!

Reactions: prowler9
We need a "who is happy thread"... people are more apt to voice their complaints then they are to say they are happy.. I have nothing but good things to say about solo. I researched a ton and went with 3dr due to the expansion. Also i like how easily motor pods are to replace as well..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I love mine, yeah I've crashed it a couple times, 1 for sure was my error. I did have it crash twice that were system errors but hey it's new.
As far as video quality, I have been filming a lot with it with no gimbal and frankly my video is enjoyable and usable. I film weddings and am filming a construction project (deconstruction actually) and it has been great both flying and gimbal free film.
Overall, I am looking forward to gimbal, wish it were easier to get more props because I am down to my final set (like I said It has crashed a couple times) it would be nice if Best Buy stocked the supplies for when I need to replace the next prop :)

I love my Solo! Followed the instructions out the box and was flying in a matter of minutes. Any issues I've had were from either me acting like a dumb a$$ or my lack of experience flying the thing in manual (around areas where any device would have trouble acquiring a reliable gps signal)

I don't have a gimbal so I didn't get my instant gratification... but I also realize that life doesn't work that way. I'm happy to continue refining my skills in the meantime.

Speaking of unhappy. Was talking to my buddy on the other forum. He hasn't flown his P3 since, what he calls the last "beta firmware update" due to all the issues it has caused and he's still on 3.08 for his Vision+ due to the problems with 3.14. He's getting serious about the Solo......waiting for the gimbal though.

Purchased a Solo after returning a P3P and could not be happier. Yes the company is having growing pains and yes the gimbals are delayed but the warranty and the open architecture of the aircraft are why I left DJI and never looked back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado