Which tablet do you find to work best

Reaction score
I am using a Nexus 2013 tablet is that am good one to use if not why.? If you recommend another what are the advantages?
Thanks

I’m trying to find a phone or tablet with minimum 2GB RAM - and built in GPS if possible

Gambled on the huawei honor kob-l09, couple months back. 8 inch 4g LTE smartphone with a nice bright screen. Support and updates are a plus. Has everything I need, for all my toys...

It doesn't have the e-compass or NFC...

Reactions: Testpilot
I use a nexus 7...I was using a nextbook ares 8 but to big and couldn't see screen...the nexus 7 has a bright screen and is just the right size.. I use a sun screen also so no problem seeing it in bright daylight...I just wish it had gps on it...so I wouldn't have to download maps

I have a ZTE Trek 2 K88 which I got for around $60 a few months ago new on eBay. Fantastic tablet for the price. I also bought a nice used Nexus 7 (2013) for about $70 around a month later expecting it would have a much brighter screen (because of many reviews here). That turned out NOT to be true. The ZTE has a bigger screen (8 inch) is much faster (octo core vs. quad core) and the screen brightness really doesn't seem that much different between the two. The Nexus screen is very shiny and has a lot of glare when being used outdoors. The touch screen also doesn't seem as good as the ZTE Trek 2. I am a little underwhelmed by the Nexus 7. I guess my expectations were too high. It is a 5 year old tablet after-all.

I have a ZTE Trek 2 K88 which I got for around $60 a few months ago new on eBay. Fantastic tablet for the price. I also bought a nice used Nexus 7 (2013) for about $70 around a month later expecting it would have a much brighter screen (because of many reviews here). That turned out NOT to be true. The ZTE has a bigger screen (8 inch) is much faster (octo core vs. quad core) and the screen brightness really doesn't seem that much different between the two. The Nexus screen is very shiny and has a lot of glare when being used outdoors. The touch screen also doesn't seem as good as the ZTE Trek 2. I am a little underwhelmed by the Nexus 7. I guess my expectations were too high. It is a 5 year old tablet after-all.
I run a nexus 7...I bought some anti glare screen protectors and a sun shield.. works great ....I was running a 8 inch tablet but to big and heavy.. nexus 7 just right size...only thing I don't like is no gps...I have to download my maps with wifi ....

Using a Lenovo TB-8504F. Was cheap (<$150), runs everything for Inspire and Solo great- Solex, Tower, DJI Go, DroneDeploy, Litchi. Best of all, screen is bright and sharp. Have not needed a hood, even working construction sites in full South Florida sun.

Lenovo tab3 8+. But i think i need a sun shield, do you have any recommands for this?
I'm happy with this, cheap, i Can play freerider too

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180225-152027.png
    Screenshot_20180225-152027.png
    799.6 KB · Views: 23

I also use the ZTE K88. It's great basic tablet for flying. Comes up quick after power on. I would like to root it, but there has been little work done by xda, et al.

When I first got my Solo I bought a 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab A because of the size and weight -- it was terrible. The Samsung couldn't keep a wireless connection to the Solo system and the touch response was horrible.

I use a nexus 7...I was using a nextbook ares 8 but to big and couldn't see screen...the nexus 7 has a bright screen and is just the right size.. I use a sun screen also so no problem seeing it in bright daylight...I just wish it had gps on it...so I wouldn't have to download maps

As I understand all Nexus 7 have gps but they have had major issues with it. Google announced I believe in 2014 there were issues with the gps and they were working on it. Does anyone know if was corrected or a fix. I have 2 of them one works and the other one does not.

Pat Drone said:
As I understand all Nexus 7 have gps but they have had major issues with it. Google announced I believe in 2014 there were issues with the gps and they were working on it. Does anyone know if was corrected or a fix. I have 2 of them one works and the other one does not.
Mine has maps but wifi only .so before I go out to fly where there is no wifi I have to download the map..that's kinds a pain.. but I love the nexus 7

I run a nexus 7...I bought some anti glare screen protectors and a sun shield.. works great ....I was running a 8 inch tablet but to big and heavy.. nexus 7 just right size...only thing I don't like is no gps...I have to download my maps with wifi ....

Any recommendation on a good anti-glare screen protector? I've read reviews that claim they don't help much outside - they just cause the whole screen to get washed out vs. localized bright reflections.
Sun shields haven't really worked for me - the brightness of the sky directly behind me is what washes out the screen. Blocking that also blocks visibility of the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig