When will parts run out? Specifically batteries?

Reaction score
Hello All,

First time Solo owner here. Grabbing the upgrades before I fly.

Leg extenders used - $5
New gimbal on ebay - $147
Mrobtoics GPS - $80
Hero Silver 4 - $207
One extra battery - $5

It seems spare parts, new and used, are readily available. But at what point in the future...1 year...2 years...4 years...will these become hard to find?

Im particularly concerned about the batteries.

batteries are produced by Cameron Sino,
they are producing them without 3DR, so i think they will last for at least 3-5 years....
but i could bet, in about 3-5 years we will have replacements for them (not so stylish)

the problem at the moment is the gimbal, they are really dried out and are not produced anymore....
hopefully we will have other gimbals in the future, chances are good to get the storm32 running well with solo

you can replace the motors with T-Motors, no problem here

if you manage to finish your controller somehow, this could be a great problem....

B&H has the batteries for $50, motor pods for cheap and other parts. You can get the entire chassis for $150! Best Buy has stopped selling refurbs, I won't get into why because I don't want to get flamed, but there's another lost outlet for cheap Solos/ parts.
Why has Best Buy stopped selling refurb??

Might be worth noting that 3DR is selling refurb units on Amazon for $179.99

link to 3DR Solo on Amazon... Currently it does show as unavailable, but they are adding stock on a regular basis.

Reactions: Bladestrik3
I'd be weary of those 15 dollar batteries, it offers free shipping from Germany. Screams scam.

Yes I bought 2. I'm protected by ebay/paypal.
I'll post the tracking number when I get it.

oops.. just went over there and ebay pulled it and already canceled the order.......
well... sorry guys!

batteries are produced by Cameron Sino,
they are producing them without 3DR, so i think they will last for at least 3-5 years....
but i could bet, in about 3-5 years we will have replacements for them (not so stylish)

the problem at the moment is the gimbal, they are really dried out and are not produced anymore....
hopefully we will have other gimbals in the future, chances are good to get the storm32 running well with solo

you can replace the motors with T-Motors, no problem here

if you manage to finish your controller somehow, this could be a great problem....
I was under the impression that Tattu was the OEM battery provider and has agreed to put the battery back into production. I see Cameron Sino lists the 3DR battery on their website but seems you have to log on to purchase.

If you do not mind about used GoPro you can get the Hero 4 Black (best for Solo) at Lens Authority for $200 in almost like new shape.
I just got a H4B referb (can't tell it from new) directly from GP with one year factory warranty for $279 delivered. To me the extra $79 was well worth the piece of mind.

While we're talking about it -- where's the best place to find propellors?

The T-Motors have become hard to find. They stopped making the MT series, which is what people had been using as a replacement. And they don't have anything in the 2216 size in other lines. There are other brands that can be used, but the T-Motors were particularly high quality. I so wish I had bought a few sets when GetFPV had them on clearance for, I think, $25 each.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44