When will parts run out? Specifically batteries?

I'm not sure how many times I've said this, B & H Photo has a ton of Solo parts. Including the motor pods for 30 or 40 bucks. They used to have a lot more but getting down there too. BTW they had used units for sale for cheap if anyone is interested.

3dr solo | B&H Photo Video

Rich we should stock up, and sell them for double when they are all gone.
Oh wait, I will be dead then

Our biggest concern was batteries back when, doesn't seem that'll be the case. Stock gimbals, who would of thought....

I figure my grand kids will find Solo a novelty in 2037. Who knows, maybe the only device left not connected to the Chinese...Wolverines!

I am mad at myself, though. I was at an out of town Best Buy a few weeks ago adds they had 4 gimbals in the case at the clearance price. I should have bought and sold them. I'm not sure who has then now. B&H no longer sells them separately but only as a Solo kit. Amazon still has then but for $200! That's more than I paid for the whole kit!

Our biggest concern was batteries back when, doesn't seem that'll be the case. Stock gimbals, who would of thought....

I figure my grand kids will find Solo a novelty in 2037. Who knows, maybe the only device left not connected to the Chinese...Wolverines!

Well except that they were manufactured in China... I'm surprised that PCH hasn't produced a Solo knock off. I guess 3DR retained the intellectual rights to the platform. I'm not even sure they're pushing the Site Scan hardware anymore. It looks like they are opening up the program aspect to the Chinese companies like DJI. That's where your hopes should lie btw, that a Chinese company buys the platform, improves it and manufactures it. I know a lot of you are die hard fans but by the time some American company comes out with a gimbal, DJI or Yuneec will have a drone that fits in your pocket, reads your mind for control and flies for 2 hours per charge or on solar. Hahaha!

If you do not mind about used GoPro you can get the Hero 4 Black (best for Solo) at Lens Authority for $200 in almost like new shape.

I bought a used top rated gopro hero4 black for $225 from Lens Authority. It was glitchy had poor video quality, they paid for return and refund.

I then purchased a new GP 4 black with a back touch screen for $299 from B&H. I use it as a handheld camera and a Solo camera and am happy with it, I was troubled buying a $300 camera for Solo , but getting a wide field and sports camera too was a little better. Watch B&H for deals.

I bought a used top rated gopro hero4 black for $225 from Lens Authority. It was glitchy had poor video quality, they paid for return and refund.

I then purchased a new GP 4 black with a back touch screen for $299 from B&H. I use it as a handheld camera and a Solo camera and am happy with it, I was troubled buying a $300 camera for Solo , but getting a wide field and sports camera too was a little better. Watch B&H for deals.

Wait, B&H carries Go Pro Hero 4 Blacks? Who knew? Hahaha! They'll even sell you a warranty for the Go Pro or even the Solo. Decent company to work with in my experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado