When did you all place your orders?

Can't get the link but here's the product number and Best BUY sku number from the order page. Best Buy Corporate number is : 888-237-8289

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-16-21-26-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-16-21-26-05.jpg
    531.9 KB · Views: 6
You do know that Best Buy will be giving a free battery to those who wait till 6/7 to order. That's on another thread here. Straight from the Best Buy web mouth.

From their promo link:

o Get a FREE Solo Smart Battery (Reg. Price: $149.99) when you purchase the 3DR Solo Drone (Sku: 5354101). Valid 6/7-7/11 at Best Buy.

o Disclaimer: Offer valid with purchase of the 3DR Solo Drone SKU: 5351035

there will be no Gimbals shipped until the middle of July.

everybody that ordered a solo with a gimbal is going to be S O L no matter where they ordered it.
no gimbals will be shipped with theese.

S.O.L. only applies if they're never going to ship gimbals. I'm personally not particularly concerned about a delay of a few weeks. Anyone who's been paying attention had known there would be a delay. There's a learning curve for the solo, like any machine and I'll spend my wait period learning the techniques of operation. . . and not whining about not having the gimbal.

Buddy of mine ordered from B&H he got an email yesterday saying they won't be
S.O.L. only applies if they're never going to ship gimbals. I'm personally not particularly concerned about a delay of a few weeks. Anyone who's been paying attention had known there would be a delay. There's a learning curve for the solo, like any machine and I'll spend my wait period learning the techniques of operation. . . and not whining about not having the gimbal.

If 3DR did know their was going to be a delay why did they offer to sell the Solo as a package deal? I paid in full over a month ago for the Solo, gimbal, extra battery and case. If my "package" ships without the gimbal I would expect my CC to be credited back until the gimbal ships......yea like that is going to happen:mad:

FYI........ As of yesterday afternoon when I talked to DSLR Pro's who I ordered it from they did not have any information about the delay, or so they say. They are still expecting my Solo, gimbal, extra battery and case to ship the end of May

Well, if that's what they say, so be it. But I'll tell you this, 3DR will NOT be shipping Gimbals until (they say) at least mid-June.

Did 3DR say they would be shipping the package? I'd bet it was the vendor you ordered from, not 3DR. If that's the case then I'd say you'd have to take it up with them if your Gimbal doesn't come with the SOLO.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Well, if that's what they say, so be it. But I'll tell you this, 3DR will NOT be shipping Gimbals until (they say) at least mid-June.

Did 3DR say they would be shipping the package? I'd bet it was the vendor you ordered from, not 3DR. If that's the case then I'd say you'd have to take it up with them if your Gimbal doesn't come with the SOLO.

Yes, I ordered thru DSLR Pro's and believe me if the gimbal does not ship with the Solo the end of May they are going to here about. I've spoke to two people about this and they each said the solo and gimbal with ship together the end of the month (May). I'm sure when it does not their excuse will be we just found out from 3DR

I think Best Buy may have made a mistake on their web site or they are misleading potential patrons - they have the price for the Solo listed at $999 and the description indicates that it includes the gimball:

"The drone features integrated GPS for easy monitoring and a gimbal that is compatible with most GoPro cameras for simple use"

I thought the gimbal was extra:(B&H website)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1133723-REG/3d_robotics_solo.html

If BB is selling the Solo with gimbal for $999 and including a free battery, I would seriously think about cancelling any pre-orders I had with other vendors.

I'm sure it's a mistake - but they make no mention of it being an accessory/additional cost, however they indicate that the IPhone and GoPro are not included. If BB doesn't update that info, they're going to have a lot of unhappy customers who don't know any better.

Under "Specifications"
Camera Gimbal Yes A pivoted support that is used to allow a camera mounted on the innermost gimbal to remain independent of the rotation of its support and keep it upright with respect to the horizon.

Under "Product Information"
Image-stabilizing gimbal
Compatible with most GoPro action cameras to offer flexibility.

Yea I agree. I would expect one with verbiage like that.

I'm told they have a "mistakes" disclaimer in their fine print. I'd also noticed the claims that the gimbal was included, but I'm betting it's not. Their lawyers are always watching out for the company. :)

I think Best Buy may have made a mistake on their web site or they are misleading potential patrons - they have the price for the Solo listed at $999 and the description indicates that it includes the gimball:

"The drone features integrated GPS for easy monitoring and a gimbal that is compatible with most GoPro cameras for simple use"

I thought the gimbal was extra:(B&H website)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1133723-REG/3d_robotics_solo.html

If BB is selling the Solo with gimbal for $999 and including a free battery, I would seriously think about cancelling any pre-orders I had with other vendors.

LOL, I just realized the same thing and posted on RC Planet about it. If they don't change the wording they are going to have to give the gimbal for free to people who bought it and tool delivery of the solo. Someone in their copy department screwed up

somthing strange going on at BestBuy.
talked to one of there people and they said the sku numbers do not show up on there web site but when he went to kart the solo came up.
what's the deal.
talked to B H today and they will not honor the BesyBuy free Battery.
good luck to all who ordered from BestBuy

You say that as if Best Best is not going to sell them? I am sure its fine and they will be a major retailer.

As a matter of fact you can bet that most SOLO incidents in the public eye will be from BB purchasers ! No offense to the real enthusiast. But I think you know what I mean.

somthing strange going on at BestBuy.
talked to one of there people and they said the sku numbers do not show up on there web site but when he went to kart the solo came up.
what's the deal.
talked to B H today and they will not honor the BesyBuy free Battery.
good luck to all who ordered from BestBuy
I talked to Best Buy corporate yesterday and confirmed that the battery IS included in all purchases made so far. It specifically IS included in my order at least.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela