When did you all place your orders?

Reaction score
When did everyone preorder? I tried to order mine the first day it was released but the Gimbal was not available on B&H yet. I went back and forth thinking about DSLR Pros but decided to wait a couple of days. As soon as I saw the gimbal available I pulled the trigger. That was on 4/15. So when did you guys place your orders and with whom?

It would be interesting to hear when people get their birds in relation to when they ordered. I'm going to be pissed if someone gets theirs from best buy before me, LOL :)

LOL, come on over. Cold ones in the fridge for ya.

I ordered mine on 4/25 from 3DR direct. Unfortunately I don't think the gimbal is going to ship with the Solo so did do any good for you to wait.

My gut instinct is they will have enough Solos to fill all the pre-orders but could be wrong. So bet everyone gets them about the same time.. September !

Reactions: Hayabusadrew

I ordered mine on 4/25 from 3DR direct. Unfortunately I don't think the gimbal is going to ship with the Solo so did do any good for you to wait.

My gut instinct is they will have enough Solos to fill all the pre-orders but could be wrong. So bet everyone gets them about the same time.. September !

Anything past the end of June I'll cancel and order a P3, not that I want too but I need something right now

Last edited:
Reactions: Hayabusadrew
You'll have no worries 3DR have a plant in China just to build the Solo and also ensure they could meet a price point close to DJI's. The other 3DR products are manufactured in Mexico.

Incidentally it appears with current job vacancies 3DR have added management roles to ensure supplier and foreign manufacturing quality.

Last edited:
FYI. a buddy of mine told me he just ordered a Solo from DSLR Pro's and they told him he was still in the first round of orders. They are getting 800 in their first shipment and are still on track to ship the end of May

ordered mine from B H 4 20 15.
we will see.

no truer words were ever spoken.

FYI. a buddy of mine told me he just ordered a Solo from DSLR Pro's and they told him he was still in the first round of orders. They are getting 800 in their first shipment and are still on track to ship the end of May
yeah thet are saying they will be the first to get them.
800 coming.
can u realy believe what they are telling u?

I have no reason to not believe them, ordered a bunch of stuff from them in the past. Heck, I ordered my Inspire from them LOL

Today, I'm in Spain. Dealer said June delivery, hmmmmmm!

Ordered mine from Best Buy 5/15, Gimbal won't be shipping till all its software has been proven by testing. But it won't be far behind the SOLO.

My delivery date was confirmed as 6/1 by Best Buy in a follow up text.

Ordered mine from Best Buy 5/15, Gimbal won't be shipping till all its software has been proven by testing. But it won't be far behind the SOLO.

My delivery date was confirmed as 6/1 by Best Buy in a follow up text.
what bb did u order your solo from.
i called my local bb here in al and they could not find anything listed for that.

i just went on bb web site and nothing was listed for the solo or any of it's parts

Are Adorama good people to deal with? I'm not from US so don't know anything about them.

There was a link to Best Buy on, I believe, the 3DR Solo Owners FaceBook page last Friday. I just followed it to the SOLO page and ordered it sitting in my car. LOL. If I can find the link I'll post it here

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela