What voids warranty?

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing some light modding of solo and I'm curious, at what point do I void the warranty? Is there a warranty seal sticker somewhere? Maybe on top of a screw. Thanks

You'll void the 30 day money back warranty for sure when doing mods. Technically other warranties are void too, having said that I can't see 3DR arguing the flyaway warranty or refusing to send out parts for totally unrelated problems as they're generally pragmatic and common sense. With Iris owners, mods that weren't invasive and were done to improve it generally didn't cause any upset from 3DR. E.G. Shielding the GPS and moving the Pixhawk were fine...

Last edited:
Reactions: erikgraham
anything that YOU do that causes damage.

If YOU crash it....your fault, not warranty.
If YOU modify it so that it automatically crashes.....your fault, not warranty.

It's really quite simple folks. but if you are concerned, just fly it stock for 30 days (that's really not that long)

no warranty seal on my solo BTW

On the Solo there are no outer seals that would detect that the shell has been removed. If there are, I can't see them. I can't even level my landing gear on my I1 without cracking a seal and that kind of sucks!

anything that YOU do that causes damage.

If YOU crash it....your fault, not warranty.
If YOU modify it so that it automatically crashes.....your fault, not warranty.

It's really quite simple folks. but if you are concerned, just fly it stock for 30 days (that's really not that long)

no warranty seal on my solo BTW
Just FYI... Assuming you ordered one.... The "no questions asked" warranty actually extends to 30 days after you get your gimbal.... :)

Reactions: Ian [P13]
So just for the record you can do a complete teardown of solo without voiding warranty? With no mods? Right? And controller too? I just want to take a peak inside

I don't work for 3DR so can't speak for 3DR, but I've seen in the years that I've followed them, that if you do a mod that's common sense and does good for the multicopter they're fine, if you're a twonk and are modding to fly miles out of sight with only your FPV monitor then you're asking for trouble, if you crash into something, misjudge your battery life, fly so low you get a GPS glitch then you have blame to take.

Reactions: Jubalr
Thanks I'm just trying to gauge what I can do. At most I'm just adding Fpvlr antenna and doing that cardboard inbetween the GPS and copper shielding trick that another pilot posted on this forum

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado