Well I guess this is 3DRs officical shipping notice.

Forgot to mention he did say 3DR is expecting first shipment tomorrow from the factory shipment sent on Friday. So barring no issues...

It also sounded like (and this makes sense to me) that there is no way to tell if you are in the first group or not as it depended on how they are spread out between 3DR online and distributors. I have kind of thought this all along. They need to share the love and keep the distributors happy too.
Hi, what phone number are you using to talk directly to 3dr about your order? I ordered mine from them on 4/28

855-982-2829

Your order is about same as mine. I ordered prior to weekend and you must have ordered right after. Did you order a gimbal as well?

855-982-2829

Your order is about same as mine. I ordered prior to weekend and you must have ordered right after. Did you order a gimbal as well?
Yes, and extra battery, and set of props.

OK same as my order except I did not do props.

So bright side is we will have 3 batteries :)

OK same as my order except I did not do props.

So bright side is we will have 3 batteries :)
3 batteries will be nice. Right now I Would just like some idea about when we might receive the copter and controller.

Thing happen, but if you know this in advance, then you're not being truthful! According to the english language. Ordered 4-19-2015, I have not received and email or nothing! After I was required to send a copy of my bank statement and/or a photo copy of my credit card! This is not cool at all!

3 batteries will be nice. Right now I Would just like some idea about when we might receive the copter and controller.

You know anything I would say is a guess as the info online is all over the board. However my guess is you will get it next week.

In reality it appears 3DR is not far behind on what they told us originally except they are having issues with the gimbal.

If you're depressed now, read the dji forum and imagine you just bought a P3
Why?

I would like a P3 advanced. I think for distance flying its a better machine but I have such a strong dislike for Wang at DJI I just cant do it yet.

Seems the results from the P3s are pretty positive.

Reactions: Iconic Images
Hard to tell reading forums I guess as they seem to be the bucket that complaints end up in. I came within an <Enter> stroke of ordering one but the overwhelming experience with(out) Customer Support stopped me. Also, I believe in the Linux platform and believe that waypoints are not far away. The SDK troll also left me cold. Whatever, Im here now and understand that delays are part of the bleeding edge game. Im still a big supporter of 3DR Solo. I believe it truly is a superior machine. We'll see very soon

Reactions: Earldgrayjr
I agree. Time will tell with the Solo. Hope they can stretch the range out to what the P3s are doing as that is important for my flying.

Getting close now ;)

Here's a bit of good news from 3DR which I just got. IF, you ordered a solo and gimbal and do not receive the gimbal with the solo. The warranty period on the Solo will be extended to coincide with the delivery of the gimbal,,ie. an extended warranty of the solo. 3DR is working hard to treat their customers right in view of the setbacks. To me, that says a lot about how the company cares about their customers. I hope the others that are frustrated understand the importance of the Vendor/Customer relationship.

Yea they confirmed that to me as well a couple weeks ago. Basically since you cant fully evaluate the product under the 30 day "trial" period they would start the trial when you could evaluate it which means when you received the gimbal.

I never return stuff anyway so doesn't have much value to me except it does show they are trying to do the right thing.

Here's a bit of good news from 3DR which I just got. IF, you ordered a solo and gimbal and do not receive the gimbal with the solo. The warranty period on the Solo will be extended to coincide with the delivery of the gimbal,,ie. an extended warranty of the solo. 3DR is working hard to treat their customers right in view of the setbacks. To me, that says a lot about how the company cares about their customers. I hope the others that are frustrated understand the importance of the Vendor/Customer relationship.

Great

And the official Gimbal message from Colin.

Looks like some verbiage from a previously posted message.

Dear Rich

To ensure the Solo Gimbal works seamlessly with GoPro cameras, we are doing final testing of control functionality through the HERO Bus before finalizing the firmware of the gimbal and starting mass production. This means that while Solo is starting to ship, gimbals will begin shipping in July.

If I were reading this email while eagerly awaiting Solo (and I’m sure you already have shoots lined up in June), I’d be super bummed right now. So, we wanted to come up with a token of apology for the few weeks you’ll have to fly Solo around with the standard vibration-isolated GoPro The Frame mount, while you imagine how that beautiful HD video would look if it were perfectly stabilized in all three axes. Here’s what we’re offering: Anyone who purchases Solo in the months of May or June will receive a free Solo flight battery ($149 USD). At least you’ll have some extra flight time to practice those Cable cam shots, and of course enjoy the HD video streaming from the GoPro for some fun FPV flying while you wait for your gimbal.

We are truly committed to our users having a great experience with 3DR, so please let us know if there’s anything we can do to make your experience with 3DR better.

Thank you for your understanding,

Colin Guinn

Reactions: Yourviewfromabove
You can fly with the fixed mount in the Solo but video footage is not going to be stellar of course. Might get a few good still shots.

Since the gimbal controls the in-flight functions of the GoPro you also lose a lot of camera functionality without the gimbal. My guess is that you would have to start the video recording manually before you take off. It will be interesting to see what app functions are available for the camera without the gimbal attached. All of the 3DR press touts the functionality of the GoPro with the gimbal.

Ordered from DSLRpros on April 16. Sent them email yesterday regarding status.

Reply from DSLRpros:

I have reviewed our orders and shipping schedule, and you are currently set to receive your craft towards the middle of this month. Please note that you will automatically receive an email with a verified tracking number that will be activated once the package has been logged into UPS's databases. If there is any other matter in which we can be of assistance please feel free to contact us.
Thank you,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig