Well I guess this is 3DRs officical shipping notice.

Glad to see at least some type of 'Formal Announcement" Strange they don't mention the gimbal at all

Made my regular first of the week call to 3DR to see the status of my order and they said I should take delivery sometime next week. I was a little late on my pre order (May 6th) so I wasn't in the first batch shipped. I was told however that a free battery would be included with my order. Look forward to app release.

The shipment state of my order is still "backordered." I didn't plop down cash until 5/28. I'll just have to live vicariously through everyone else's pictures and videos. ;-)

The pre-release owners manual shows the controller with antennae, all other pics no antennae. Anyone have any info an back-order numbers, production rate, etc. Best Buy's website says order today and receive by June 8.

Made my regular first of the week call to 3DR to see the status of my order and they said I should take delivery sometime next week. I was a little late on my pre order (May 6th) so I wasn't in the first batch shipped. I was told however that a free battery would be included with my order. Look forward to app release.

You call them every week? LOL

So did they give you any indication of what first batch was. I ordered 4/25 and have no idea if this is considered early or not.

If you are supposed to take delivery next week that seems like you are in the first batch. Or the second batch is shipping right away.

I would assume that even the first batch units which are shipping now are not going to arrive until next week.

I ordered mine April 16 from DSLRpros. No change in status since the day I ordered it.

I just got this email............My question was about when the gimbal will be shipping

Hope your day is going well,

To ensure the Solo Gimbal works seamlessly with GoPro cameras, we are doing final testing of control functionality through the HERO Bus before finalizing the firmware of the gimbal and starting mass production. This means that while Solo is starting to ship, gimbals will begin shipping in July.

If I were reading this email while eagerly awaiting Solo (and I’m sure you already have shoots lined up in June), I’d be super bummed right now. So, we wanted to come up with a token of apology for the few weeks you’ll have to fly Solo around with the standard vibration-isolated GoPro The Frame mount, while you imagine how that beautiful HD video would look if it were perfectly stabilized in all three axes. Here’s what we’re offering: Anyone who purchases Solo in the months of May or June will receive a free Solo flight battery ($149 USD). At least you’ll have some extra flight time to practice those Cable cam shots, and, of course, enjoy the HD video streaming from the GoPro for some fun FPV flying while you wait for your gimbal.

We are truly committed to our users having a great experience with 3DR, so please let us know if there’s anything we can do to make your experience with 3DR better.

Thank you for your understanding,

-Ryan
Tech Support Team
Mon-Fri 8am-5pm PST
(858) 225-1414

Reactions: rrmccabe
I hope they did not leave about April intentionally ??

You call them every week? LOL

So did they give you any indication of what first batch was. I ordered 4/25 and have no idea if this is considered early or not.

If you are supposed to take delivery next week that seems like you are in the first batch. Or the second batch is shipping right away.

I would assume that even the first batch units which are shipping now are not going to arrive until next week.
Didn't u order yours from B H Photo?

I ordered the solo and the gimbal on 5/28 (sperate orders) and am leaving for Costa Rica on July 10th!! What are the chances I board the plane with a gimbal....? :/ The epic surf footage is at risk!! Any work arounds?? Will the stores be carrying gimbal inventory?

I would not count on gimbal. Its in QA right now getting the issues worked out. Been posted by several people who have talked/messaged with 3DR including my phone call 15 minutes ago that the gimbal will not ship until sometime in July.

They also confirmed everyone that has ordered so far and through June and possibly sometime into July gets a free battery.

You can fly with the fixed mount in the Solo but video footage is not going to be stellar of course. Might get a few good still shots.

Last edited:
Reactions: SurfDrone
man.. such a bummer !! first time drone owner and I ordered mine on 4/21 from B&H Photo and had some epic ideas/plans to use it for memorial weekend and 4th of July weekend.. looks like i missed both of those events. :(

Forgot to mention he did say 3DR is expecting first shipment tomorrow from the factory shipment sent on Friday. So barring no issues...

It also sounded like (and this makes sense to me) that there is no way to tell if you are in the first group or not as it depended on how they are spread out between 3DR online and distributors. I have kind of thought this all along. They need to share the love and keep the distributors happy too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela