Well I guess this is 3DRs officical shipping notice.

Since the gimbal controls the in-flight functions of the GoPro you also lose a lot of camera functionality without the gimbal. My guess is that you would have to start the video recording manually before you take off. It will be interesting to see what app functions are available for the camera without the gimbal attached. All of the 3DR press touts the functionality of the GoPro with the gimbal.

I agree 100%. Since there is no connection to Hero port and only HDMI port connection as far as I know all camera control will be done before you take off. I am guessing I might try timelapse shots

Ordered from DSLRpros on April 16. Sent them email yesterday regarding status.

Reply from DSLRpros:

I have reviewed our orders and shipping schedule, and you are currently set to receive your craft towards the middle of this month. Please note that you will automatically receive an email with a verified tracking number that will be activated once the package has been logged into UPS's databases. If there is any other matter in which we can be of assistance please feel free to contact us.
Thank you,

Seems like April 16th would get you further up in queue. Maybe 3DR ships to DSLPros and then they reship to you. There is a week to week and a half in truck time depending on where you are.

I contacted B&H (i ordered mine 4/21) and they told me they will be receiving shipments in mid June as well and told me that since i ordered the Kit i would need to contact them once they received shipment if i wanted them to ship the items separately otherwise they will ship complete in July when they receive the gimball.

I contacted B&H (i ordered mine 4/21) and they told me they will be receiving shipments in mid June as well and told me that since i ordered the Kit i would need to contact them once they received shipment if i wanted them to ship the items separately otherwise they will ship complete in July when they receive the gimball.
i was told the same story.

Reactions: TheeRod
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i ordered mine on 04 20 15 from B H.
can't get any info on weather or not mine will be on the first thing smokeing fron B H.

i ordered mine on 04 20 15 from B H.
can't get any info on weather or not mine will be on the first thing smokeing fron B H.
I ordered from B&h. And called last week. The service rep checked by order number and said about a week or two. I ordered 5/29. He mentioned something about 200 units and more coming.

Hard to tell reading forums I guess as they seem to be the bucket that complaints end up in. I came within an <Enter> stroke of ordering one but the overwhelming experience with(out) Customer Support stopped me. Also, I believe in the Linux platform and believe that waypoints are not far away. The SDK troll also left me cold. Whatever, Im here now and understand that delays are part of the bleeding edge game. Im still a big supporter of 3DR Solo. I believe it truly is a superior machine. We'll see very soon
Same exact experience, except I did order a P3. After a month of delays, and a lot of reading, made the same decision for the same reasons. I sent it back before it arrived.

I have refrained from calling and asking about status of my order until today.

Obviously they are shipping and I would have thought my 4/25 order would have been early enough to make first batch but apparently not. 3DR told me they have no way of knowing when it would ship but based on my order date it should ship this week less gimbal.

I really did not get a warm fuzzy feeling about this week being a for sure deal.

So anyway for those with 3DR direct orders on or around 4/25 take it for what its worth :)

I have refrained from calling and asking about status of my order until today.

Obviously they are shipping and I would have thought my 4/25 order would have been early enough to make first batch but apparently not. 3DR told me they have no way of knowing when it would ship but based on my order date it should ship this week less gimbal.

I really did not get a warm fuzzy feeling about this week being a for sure deal.

So anyway for those with 3DR direct orders on or around 4/25 take it for what its worth :)

Thanks, I ordered mine a couple days after you.

Just got an email from B&H, they haven't received anything yet from 3DR

Just had a call in to Best Buy, their saying June 17th or 18th.
I signed up for a BB credit card for the express purpose of purchasing a 3DR Solo. I have never bought
"first off" anything . So this would be a first. They are offering 12 months no interest. and 10% off
any one item if I make a purchase in June. I was told The Solo would qualify for the 10% off.

Just got this from 3DR:

10:38 AM

Hi David,

Thanks for taking the time to write us and advise us.

We will take into consideration your advice, at the time the "simple mode" is not available for SOLO yet but cablecam woul work in this manner.

The SOLO is already being distributed so we hope you get your SOLO soon.

For further questions and information, please don't, hesitate to contact us, we will be glad to assist you.

Best Regards,

Owen Torres

Customer Advocate

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle