Waterproof Throw-And-Shoot Flying Camera

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just found something online and would like your opinion on it.
This is a "throw-and-shoot camera" (not called a drone but it basically is)
It flies itself which i thought was pretty cool, and it follows you through a tracking device.
So no more accidental crashing when hitting the wrong buttons ^^

Does anybody have experience with drones that fly themselves?
Is this a good idea or will it just break more easily?
this is the link I'm referring to: www.lifehackinventions.com/lilycamera

This is a neat quad that I followed early in its development and even put down the $500 for one. After I heard about the Solo release, my research led me to believe it would be the better one for me (I've flown many RC craft and enjoy flying). I think the Lily is a really cool device for the non-tech savvy, non-RC crowd - if it works as advertised...

Reactions: Chuck
don't even put your money down on this thing. i talked one friend out of canceling his order, but the other is a stubborn guy that insists the Lily is the best thing since bacon.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

it has no gimbal and relies on software stabilization. no obstacle avoidance means it'll probably hit a branch and crash without the guy even knowing. i can see people throwing these off bridges and just see it never take off.

i'm shocked on how well this thing was marketed and how gullible people are. for the community, the more people that own quads without basic piloting skills, the more crashes you'll get. lack of real control means a person is putting all trust onto the unit and accepts no responsibility.

stick to a selfie stick or one of those rotating helmet extensions. or employ a friend to help. this thing will fail beyond measure and people will be stuck in another crowdfunded disappointment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44