Want to let my solo speak to humans

Reaction score
searching for a god mod . i want to use the mic on my tablet and install a speaker on my solo . when i fly over humans i want to say : "quick run away , attention" or other funny stuff
so i need a good light and loud speaker and other shit to make this happen .
cheapest , i use a old smartphone ..

Last edited:
Problem is to be loud enough, the speaker would have to be large (to be heard over the engine noise and from a height). This essentially means you want to hang a very large powerful magnet from your drone (that's what a speaker is). Magnets are bad for drones. Plus there's nowhere in the software (solo app or solex) that allows any type of voice communication, you would therefore have to use an entirely new or separate system for voice communications. So you would need another controller board, another wireless receiver and possibly another power source. So this increases the risk of EMF interference as well as adding even more weight. So there's a reason this hasn't been done yet, it's a lot of work and possibly not very practical. The cheapest quickest way would be to just strap a walkie talkie to your drone, hope it doesn't interfere with drone operations and hope it doesn't drastically reduce your flight time.

Reactions: Joe Horn
when i fly over humans

There's also this sticky issue...

§ 107.39 Operation over human beings.

No person may operate a small unmanned aircraft over a human being unless that human being is:
(a) Directly participating in the operation of the small unmanned aircraft; or
(b) Located under a covered structure or inside a stationary vehicle that can provide reasonable protection from a falling small unmanned aircraft.

There's also this sticky issue...

§ 107.39 Operation over human beings.

No person may operate a small unmanned aircraft over a human being unless that human being is:
(a) Directly participating in the operation of the small unmanned aircraft; or
(b) Located under a covered structure or inside a stationary vehicle that can provide reasonable protection from a falling small unmanned aircraft.
True enough, but...
A: from the context of the question I doubt they are a part 107 holder
B: since their request is pretty much not doable anyway, they may have the sense to drop their hopes and dreams
C: Since they asked the question in the first place they probably don't really care about rules and regulations and will not only end up dropping their hopes and dreams but possibly dropping blades of death and destruction on someone's head....

Then again... maybe I'm just being a pessimist... :p

True enough, but...
A: from the context of the question I doubt they are a part 107 holder
B: since their request is pretty much not doable anyway, they may have the sense to drop their hopes and dreams
C: Since they asked the question in the first place they probably don't really care about rules and regulations and will not only end up dropping their hopes and dreams but possibly dropping blades of death and destruction on someone's head....

Then again... maybe I'm just being a pessimist... :p

And to be perfectly honest, from the perspective of one who's spent years in FAA bondage, flying over people and berating them via loudspeaker sounds really fun.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
And to be perfectly honest, from the perspective of one who's spent years in FAA bondage, flying over people and berating them via loudspeaker sounds really fun.
I want a loudspeaker attached to my vehicle just to berate the drivers on the road...
I also wanted to attach those LED signs to the side of my drone, display messages. That way you could fly "beside" people and not over them and display different messages. Also think about it, do a drone flight, land the drone somewhere scenic (or hover it somewhere scenic) and have the LED display a sign saying "Flight sponsored by...." Makes it a bit more impressive than just standard credits at the end of the footage.
I actually have two LED programmable badges, but they attach via rare earth magnets (so not good for drones). Time to buy some gluebuster and see if the magnets can be removed.

I want a loudspeaker attached to my vehicle just to berate the drivers on the road...
I also wanted to attach those LED signs to the side of my drone, display messages. That way you could fly "beside" people and not over them and display different messages. Also think about it, do a drone flight, land the drone somewhere scenic (or hover it somewhere scenic) and have the LED display a sign saying "Flight sponsored by...." Makes it a bit more impressive than just standard credits at the end of the footage.
I actually have two LED programmable badges, but they attach via rare earth magnets (so not good for drones). Time to buy some gluebuster and see if the magnets can be removed.

UAS banner tow is about to see its time...

• Haha
Reactions: Joe Horn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc